Grooming problems of the mythical

Setanta

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 09:45 am
And Atalanta is into extreme sports . . .
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 09:48 am
yeh Gordie sure knew Howe to tye a knot!

a 'tottally' olympic feet!
[er... was that Jason II?]
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 12:29 pm
Very Happy Well, it certainly wasn't Puck in a midsummer's Night's Dream, Bo.

I knew Set would do something wild. Atalanta? While trying to look that up I lost my first response among the tors of the Parthenon.

And while at the Greek hairdresser's, Medea gets fleeced and decides to do her own touch up.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 01:20 pm
Keats is just a mere mortal and can't participate in the games, but he could be the waterboy. You never know, menial labour might inspire him to write about his experiences lugging around that big Grecian urn.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 01:41 pm
Thalia, Aglaia and Euphrosyne (the Graces) have offered to fill in for their estranged friend Martha Stewart while she is in lock-up so as to continue our instruction in the fine art of living. Goddesses Flora (flowers) and Pomona (fruit trees) will assist with the gardening segments.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 01:42 pm
Let's make that an amphora, Cav, filled with a lovely Greek wine.

A game of Greece is a joy forever,
Its myths increase,
They will never pass into nothingness,
But still will keep a bower
Quiet for us,
Full of medals
And miscreants
And heavy breathing.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 07:22 pm
and don't forget the Greek god of 'catharsis' - Cholesterol!
or was that Bachus; or is Catharsis a greek city; or does a grease end up in your bachanalia
ooohhhh, i can feel the muscles contracting......
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 07:39 pm
You looked that up, Bo. Come on...admit it.

Evoe

That's a bacchanalian cry.

Did you know that there is a current movie out called Troy? Brad Pitt is in in.

I fear the Greeks, my Lord, even when they come bearing gifts. Never look a gift horse in the mouse is what she actually said, and thereby, Troy fell, a victim of cholesterol who was an angry muse.

and thus do we have Virgil while Homer is no longer. Razz
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 07:39 pm
Not THAT kind of heavy breathing, Bo... Shocked

(lovely poem, Letty)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 07:46 pm
Hee hee, Eva. You breathe the way you want, and let Bo be.

And Cav has been censored for being eos, the goddess of discord.

(actually, Bo. it's "...and still will keep a bower for us, full of sleep and peace and quiet breathing..."

Icarus should have had a bikini wax instead of wings of wax. That way, he wouldn't have fallen into the sea.

Goodnight, fun people.

From Florida
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 08:06 pm
But eos awe so scwumptious on sushi, or wif bawbecue sauce....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 08:09 pm
Eos is the dawn, Eris the minor deity of discord. I see Eris for a Roseanne Barr type of sitcom . . . we'll make Eos her annoying sister who arrives too early each morning to drink somebody else's coffee and hang around too long . . .
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 07:27 am
I have no problem censoring the dawn. If I didn't have a dog, I would never get up early.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 07:52 am
Mornin' all.
Cav, Very Happy

Setanta, oops, I meant oops. That's the minor diety of discord of whom I was thinking. Hey, I only had to search out one. Not bad, huh? Now there must be a diety called uhoh somewhere who needs a make over.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 07:57 am
There isn't much info on uhoh, but I believe there is some apocryphal evidence that she was the sprite of gaffs and blunders, and cannot figure out how to use lipstick due to extreme clumsiness.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 08:16 am
Letty wrote:
........Icarus should have had a bikini wax instead of wings of wax. That way, he wouldn't have fallen into the sea......

mind you, under those circumstances, there's no telling what he might have 'fallen' into! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 08:16 am
I think Uhoh must have been the bit . . . uh, lady, who almost ran me off the road at 70 mph on the outer belt, while applying her lipstick with the aid of the rearview mirror . . .
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 08:21 am
we must not forget the ancient Greek god "Duh"; living in California,
Duh is the 'god of reality television shows'.

Not to be confused with "Deep Do" his partner.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 08:28 am
I recall reading some underground text about the god "Duh." His original vision was to stage real plays about mortal life, to help the gods understand human behaviour better. His quest to do this was thwarted by Hades' right hand man, the lesser demon know as "Censore" Hades rewarded Censore for quashing Duh by elevating him to god of editing.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 08:36 am
But then Duh 'found religion'; far eastern religion, and became interested in the transmigration of souls.
But, not fully understanding the term, he 'transmigrated' into 'Dough'.
And, after playing a brief stint in "Sound of Music", he was right back to reality television, this time with his real intentions less....
shall we say 'couched' (allusion to the fans who watch it).
0 Replies