9/11 Families Livid at Clarke's 'Profiteering'

fishin

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 01:02 pm
blatham wrote:
And continuing on in the interest of fairness, let's have the Democratic Convention also move to New York for the nifty photo ops.

Please do! No one wants it in Boston except the mayor and he's got his own problems since both the police and fire depts in Boston have been working without contracts for the last few years because the "pro labor" mayor refuses to work with them - both are threatening to go on strike for the convention so delegates will have to be crossing picket lines to get into the convention.

Between that and the brillant idea of closing off half of downtown Boston for "security reasons" this city is gonna be a nightmare of major proportions.
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 01:18 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
so why did you in the first place?

LOL! I was just thinking the same thing myself. McG just negated his own post. Thanks for saving us the trouble of doing it ourselves.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 01:23 pm
geez, are you guys actually <edited> or do you just act like <edited> on the internet?

I was mocking D'artagnan by using the same post to answer Titus' question. It was a play on words to demonstrate the hypocrisy of D'artagnans statement by using against a competing statement.

I will try to dumb down my wit so everyone can play. I am truly sorry that you didn't grasp the meaning of my statement.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 01:26 pm
Was I being mocked? I had no idea. I guess you'll have to dumb down the mocking next time for my sake...
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 01:29 pm
fishin' wrote:
blatham wrote:
And continuing on in the interest of fairness, let's have the Democratic Convention also move to New York for the nifty photo ops.

Please do! No one wants it in Boston except the mayor and he's got his own problems since both the police and fire depts in Boston have been working without contracts for the last few years because the "pro labor" mayor refuses to work with them - both are threatening to go on strike for the convention so delegates will have to be crossing picket lines to get into the convention.

Between that and the brillant idea of closing off half of downtown Boston for "security reasons" this city is gonna be a nightmare of major proportions.

Can't George Soros buy them a city to have the convention in? Laughing

I hear Moscow is available... Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 01:36 pm
McGentrix wrote:
?

I will try to dumb down my wit so everyone can play.

finally a truly humorous post by McGentrix....
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 02:02 pm
McGentrix writes:

"Can be answered with:

D'artagnan wrote:
Survivors of 9/11 victims are like any other large group: There are many, many opinions among them. Calling attention to one group proves nothing."

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

OK, you've convinced me -- the gene pool theory is alive and well, and you really are as dumb as a plant!

Genius, you shot down your own argument! LOL!!! LOL!!! LOL!!!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 02:06 pm
Titus wrote:
McGentrix writes:

"Can be answered with:

D'artagnan wrote:
Survivors of 9/11 victims are like any other large group: There are many, many opinions among them. Calling attention to one group proves nothing."

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

OK, you've convinced me -- the gene pool theory is alive and well, and you really are as dumb as a plant!

Genius, you shot down your own argument! LOL!!! LOL!!! LOL!!!

Wow. I guess you told me. I really feel like I've been put in my place now. Thanks for demonstrating my points for me though.
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 02:25 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Wow. I guess you told me. I really feel like I've been put in my place now. Thanks for demonstrating my points for me though.

Bro, you've been "put in your place" so many times in so many threads that you've become little more than a source of our amusement. Keep it up, though. I like a good laugh...

(I smell a lockdown one its way, Very Happy )
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 02:29 pm
Heywood wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Bro, you've been "put in your place" so many times in so many threads that you've become little more than a source of our amusement. Keep it up, though. I like a good laugh...

(I smell a lockdown one its way, Very Happy )

*whew* there you go again! It's like you are a literary master of wit with these posts! I can't believe you don't work for the New Yorker with this brazen style of yours. More people should take note of the eloquence of style you use and your wonderful use of hyperbole.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 02:31 pm
Anyway...

Yes, I can see that some families would be mad at this. I can also see how some families would be mad at the 9/11 ad.

And...?

I, personally, buy that this is not about profiteering but about getting the truth out so that mistakes (electing Bush) are not repeated in November.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 02:34 pm
Yes, the truth. Like making sure our country is safe from future attacks by having a president who can make a decision and stand behind it for good or bad instead of flip flopping back and forth and making the country weak again.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 05:38 pm
What does this thread have to do with Kerry?

It has to do with Bush -- but it says nothing about Kerry's ability (or inability.)

Bush is specifically running on how he handled 9-11. That was the message of the infamous spot that incurred the wrath of another group (or who knows, maybe overlaps) of relatives. It is pertinent in terms of the upcoming election whether this claim -- that Bush handled 9-11 well -- is true or not.
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 06:35 pm
McGentrix wrote:
*whew* there you go again! It's like you are a literary master of wit with these posts! I can't believe you don't work for the New Yorker with this brazen style of yours. More people should take note of the eloquence of style you use and your wonderful use of hyperbole.

Wow...thanks! And to think, I wasn't even trying. Cool

"literary master"- I like the sound of that!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 06:46 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Yes, the truth. Like making sure our country is safe from future attacks by having a president who can make a decision and stand behind it for good or bad instead of flip flopping back and forth and making the country weak again.

So standing behind a bad decision is a campaign point? Interesting times.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 06:49 pm
fishin' wrote:
blatham wrote:

I have no good reason to like fishin as much as I do like him.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 07:00 pm
soz

As usual, I'm with you here. The 'profiteering' descriptor seems quite non-sensical and incoherent here. It appears as a pretty clear attempt to slander the writer so that folks won't grant his accounts and arguments credibility.
0 Replies