Did Jesus Actually Exist?

Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 08:08 am
@timur,
You are the one unable to find one single scientist supporting your claims, not I...
timur

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 08:22 am
@Olivier5,
You can repeat that lie ad infinitum, it will never make it true.

The fact that you dismiss my sources doesn't make them less reliable.

Yours have been proven apocrypha and without archeological foundation.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 08:27 am
@timur,
I don't need to "make it true", because it IS ALREADY TRUE. And YOU made it true, not I.

You can still make it false. It's easy: just present ONE LIVING QUALIFIED SCHOLAR DOUBTING THE HISTORICITY OF JESUS...

ONE (1)

Spare me the pundits, and give me science.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 08:34 am
You are not baiting me with your twisted request, I know what your answer will be:
Olivier wrote:
Spare me the pundits

When you'll stop being an hypocrite, we can talk.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 08:40 am
@timur,
Not baiting, just proving again and again that you cannot find one single scientist to back up your amateurish claims that Jesus-the-man may never have existed.

Denialists don't trust scientists and historians. They don't listen to them. They lie about what scientists say, usually. That's precisely what you have done on this thread by presenting novelists and theologians as scholars.

And now that you've been caught, you're afraid to do it again... :-) That's all there is to it.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 08:59 am
You are selling snake oil and I'm not buying it.

Once you show a bit more intellectual honesty we will talk about the existence of Jesus.

You are an intellectual fraud.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 09:04 am
@timur,
Thanks for the laugh, Timur! I'll be here, ready to listen to any scientifically-grounded argument in the odd chance you can unearth one.
timur

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 09:14 am
@Olivier5,
You are clutching at straws trying to be funny but you are only the mirror of some other local sad clown.

Intellectual hilarity is above your means.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 09:33 am
@timur,
At least I am not reduced to spewing insults, as you are...
timur

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 09:44 am
@Olivier5,
Insults are when you say stuff that is not true about someone.

I'm just describing what I see according to what you post.

What you post is hypocrisy at the highest level and I say so.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 09:53 am
@timur,
Insults are what comes out of your mouth when you allow your hatred to take over your brain.

Did I piss you off or something?
timur

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 10:09 am
@Olivier5,
What pisses me off is that people like you pretend to know my pattern of thinking and attribute me feelings and emotions that I'm far from owning.

I don't do hatred as I don't do religion.

It seems that is a concept that surpasses your imagination capabilities.

I wouldn't say Chimène's famous litote but I'm close.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 10:19 am
@timur,
I think you DO hate me, Timur. That much is crystal clear. And the idea that only religious people can hate is not "a concept that surpasses my imagination"; it's a cop-out, an illusion, a self-serving fallacy. You are just lying to yourself to avoid accountability...
timur

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 10:37 am
@Olivier5,
See? You are just repeating the pattern I highlighted.

I don't hate anybody and I don't see why I would make an exception for you.

Is that so difficult for you to understand?

I'm not the kind of avoiding anything and even if I were to be accountable for disliking you (which is not the case) I would take my responsibility.

Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 10:42 am
@timur,
If that's the case, you may wish to reduce the "insult content" of your future posts.

Note that I won't ask for apologies for your past insults. I forgive you for them... :-)
timur

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 10:51 am
@Olivier5,
I'm impervious to your attempts to coax me.

I will continue to comment on topics I'm interested on and if posters say stuff I consider false or irrational, I will call them on it.

In the same way, I'll point out, in my manner, that what they say is sensible or is crap.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 10:57 am
@timur,
By all means, continue to post. What do I care? All I am asking for is a lower level of verbal abuse.
timur

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 10:58 am
@Olivier5,
So, try to stop calling other people liars..
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 11:03 am
@timur,
When they lie, they deserve to be called for it.
timur

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 12:11 pm
@Olivier5,
I'm okay with that but when they don't, I'll react my way whether you like it or not.