Did Jesus Actually Exist?

timur

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 12:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Which is a "miracle" of the Middle-Ages...
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 12:47 pm
@timur,
There are quite a few who believe the Shroud is real, hence the joking statement.
timur

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 12:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yep..
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 01:03 pm
@timur,
Aw, c'mon. Next you'll be telling me that that splinter of wood I bought for big bucks in that second-hand store on the Street Called Straight in Damascus back in 1986 is not a piece from the True Cross.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 01:08 pm
@Olivier5,
Nice post, O5. One of the reasons I remain so convinced Jesus did exist is because of the enduring hatred Jews have had to weather for centuries simply because of this individual.

Also, since the world had very few people it's not likely Jesus' impact would have been outside his main area. Jesus' ideology, however, did live on even though for a while Christianity almost died out and Jesus himself almost forgotten.

"Jesus doctrine created the first Christians, as described in the first chapters of the Acts of the Apostles; they were all Jewish, either by birth, or conversion for which the biblical term proselyte is used,[1] and referred to by historians as the Jewish Christians. The early Gospel message was spread orally; probably in Aramaic (the language of Jesus).[2] The New Testament's Book of Acts and Epistle to the Galatians record that the first Christian community was centered in Jerusalem and its leaders included Peter, James, and John.[3] Paul of Tarsus, after his conversion to Christianity, claimed the title of "Apostle to the Gentiles". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Christianity
0 Replies

timur

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 01:08 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Yeah, sorry to disappoint you..

At the same store, they also had some Kryptonite..

It helps to go heaven..
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 01:34 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I assume this is a non genital related question. You're getting better, I find the "extreme" ones quite easy now, the "deadly" ones still take a bit of work. There's no telling if my "deadly" ones are trickier than your "hard" ones, (again, non genital related.)

Awww...good. I wanted to be getting better (non-genital, of course).
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 01:35 pm
@Thomas,
You THINK we know that. But you've made mistakes before, right?
Olivier5

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 01:39 pm
@timur,
I proved that you lied, Timur. You're just barking now, unable to list any scholar, unable to provide any evidence for the filth you're spewing... Get lost.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 01:41 pm
Frankly, I agree with the strong atheist who find the determination of theists to act as though a GOD were something necessary to existence (and very obviously something that exists) to be ludicrous.

No less ludicrous, in my opinion, is the determination of strong atheists to act as though the existence of gods is impossible...and obviously something that IS NOT.
timur

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 01:43 pm
@Olivier5,
You proved nothing at all, you are making ****.

Have you proved that Jesus existed?

Tell again..
izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 01:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You've made your adherence to Scientology quite clear on many occasions Frank.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 01:44 pm
Hatred of Jews over Jesus is no proof of anything at all, because there is no evidence the Jews had a hand in killing such a man.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 01:45 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
That's old news. The Gospel of Barnabas is a well known late apocrypha arguing for the same thesis that the Quran: Jesus was never on that cross.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Barnabas
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 01:47 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You've made your adherence to Scientology quite clear on many occasions Frank.

That is interesting...because I am not, nor ever have been, a Scientologist.

If you find something erroneous in what I said...tell me what it is and why you disagree.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 01:51 pm
@timur,
Timur, what this thread is about is the scientific consensus around the historicity of Jesus. That there is currently such a consensus has been established beyond reasonable doubt, in no small part by your failure to identify one living qualified historian who doubts a historical Jesus. Not for lack of trying. But each time you tried, you failed to check your information. I did check your info and debunked it systematically. Either your scholars were long dead, or they believed in a historical Jesus, or they were not scholars but journalists or German teachers...

Since then you've been sulking.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 01:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Are you sure?
timur

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 02:00 pm
@Olivier5,
You did no such thing, you just dismissed my sources.

You have since making **** pretending you won an argument.

Unlike you, I don't need to win any argument but my sources are as reliable and respectable as yours.

Scientifically and with method, you proved nothing..
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 02:04 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Are you sure?

I'm very sure!
izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 02:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Well that's a relief, do you just like dressing up as Tom Cruise then?