Did Jesus Actually Exist?

izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 11:27 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Indeed, but if you state that believing in supernatural beings is ridiculous,

Show me where I stated believing in supernatural beings was ridiculous.
Olivier5

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 12:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Show me where I stated believing in supernatural beings was ridiculous.

Okay. I thought that was the meaning of your post with the pics of Santa, the tooth fairy, etc. Apparently I got that wrong.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 12:28 pm
@Olivier5,
You shouldn't jump to conclusions. If you follow these threads on A2K you'll realise that, the Tooth Fairy, Santa, the Easter Bunny, Unicorns and the Flying Spaghetti Monster are all perennials. Frank was pointing out his dismay that the Tooth Fairy, a subject that's already been done to death, dug up again and killed and reburied, had made yet another reappearance. I was reminding Frank of other character that had undergone a similar fate on A2K.

Frank got the joke, clearly you didn't.
Olivier5

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 12:48 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Frank got the joke, clearly you didn't.

I felt there was some inside joke there. In any case my question remains open: what is it that compels the non-believers among us (and especially those with a beef with beliefs as such) to talk our kids into such fairytale beliefs as Santa or the tooth fairy? Apologies if you addressed that aspect of the issue thousands of times on A2K already.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 02:02 pm
@Olivier5,
I fear that you still don't get it, O.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 02:27 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
And is unlikely to for the forseeable future.

Maybe it's just that famous French sense of humour we've all heard so much about.
Olivier5

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 02:30 pm
@izzythepush,
Ok, explain it to me. Make me laugh.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 04:57 pm
@Olivier5,
Really, because jokes are so much better after they've been explained.
Olivier5

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 05:10 pm
@izzythepush,
Sometimes they look pretty stupid too, but I am sure that's not the case here... Wink
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 05:59 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Sometimes they look pretty stupid too, but I am sure that's not the case here... Wink

Izzy was just having fun claiming not to have taught his kids about one myth...because of its effect on another myth. It was kinda cute. It may have been a bit subtle...which may account for you not "catching it."

Olivier5

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 06:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Izzy was just having fun claiming not to have taught his kids about one myth...because of its effect on another myth. It was kinda cute. It may have been a bit subtle...which may account for you not "catching it."

I found it cute too. Not funny enough to LOL about it in my reply, but next time I will not fail to heavily signal my understanding of all the jokes made on A2K... Very Happy
izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 06:32 pm
@Olivier5,
You take yourself far too seriously, and you don't appear to have a sense of humour. People who don't get jokes tend to become the butt of them, just lighten up.

Seriously, just lighten up.
Olivier5

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 06:35 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm getting a load of fun. Now you're the one who presumes too much.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 03:58 pm
@Olivier5,
Don't worry about it. Izzy is a big believer that anyone who doesn't "get" one of his joke is dim.

The "joke" in question, if as explained, could only be appreciated by an A2K regular.

Olivier5

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 05:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Don't worry about it. Izzy is a big believer that anyone who doesn't "get" one of his joke is dim.

Oh I am worried you know? Deeply troubled that the poor thing may have felt unappreciated cause I didn't laugh at his EXCELLENT joke... I shall be more careful from now on, and will not fail to laugh profusely every time he tries to be funny.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 05:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oh dear Finn, had to stick your oar in. It's not just jokes you don't get, you have a habit of missing the point completely, even when the point bites you on the arse.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 06:20 pm
@izzythepush,
HOHOHO! "Bites you on the arse"! So funny!!!
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 07:11 pm
Two idiots making a major brouhaha out of their inability to comprehend the most unsubtle, basic type of humour. Pathetic.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 07:52 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Like... where do I even start to make a brouhaha?

I am just savouring izzy's impecable British sense of humour, which I now understand perfectly and savour like a true Londoner, as I am glad to report in all modesty to you and all the other incredulous yet oh-so-funny jokers out there.
Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2013 02:43 am
Oh for Christ's sake . . . here we have a golden opportunity to bicker over an alleged god-man, and instead you're wasting your respective efforts bickering over the nature of a sense of humor.