Terrorist attack in London

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 27 May, 2013 04:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Frankly, neither of you have done any good what-so-ever posting in this forum

Neither have I for that matter but I never set myself the task of defeating a foe as colossal as American Imperialism.

You both have entirely too grand a sense of yourselves.

oralloy

Mon 27 May, 2013 04:58 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
Moment-in-Time wrote:
One of the most enduring thorns within the Arabs/Muslims communities is the US one-sided support for Israel and the Zionist nation's suppression of the Palestinians. The US has allowed Israel to be a nuclear state within the midst of these Arab countries with sophisticated weapons so the tiny Israeli nation is master of all she surveys.

Absolutely.

Never fails.

Every time you see someone evil enough to support sending innocent people to prison, you're looking at someone evil enough to support the Palestinians.

Every time you see someone evil enough to support the Palestinians, you're looking at someone evil enough to support sending innocent people to prison.

I hear Israel legalized some formerly-illegal settlements last week. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 27 May, 2013 05:02 pm
@wandeljw,
Sullivan is an odd fellow. At once off in the stratosphere of paranoia and precisely on point. With this it's clearly the latter.

There are people who consider it some sort of badge of intellectual or moral courage (not to mention superiority) to view their own culture and heritage in the most narrow and negative perspective possible; all the while condemning the same view of "others."

Greenwald is one of them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 27 May, 2013 05:19 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
JTT wrote:
They must hate the freedoms of the UK people, right, Finn? There's just no other reason for this to happen.

Well, sort of.

Ultimately the reason these guys committed their murder was because the UK didn't kill them first.

If these guys had already been blasted into piles of hamburger, they would have had difficulties in carrying out their attack.

That's why it is so important to continue, and even increase, the dronestrikes.

But yes, as far as motive goes, they are motivated primarily by a hatred of freedom and democracy.

My terminology was inaccurate here.

Thermobaric dronestrikes do not blast people into piles of hamburger.

Rather they flash immolate them and leave charred (but intact) carcasses.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 27 May, 2013 06:25 pm
@izzythepush,
Again izzy, who has been running around like headless chickens?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 27 May, 2013 06:55 pm
@oralloy,
Thank u for that clarification.
oralloy

Mon 27 May, 2013 08:06 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Thank u for that clarification.

You're welcome.

Thermobaric weapons are really quite fascinating. They are essentially solid rocket fuel, with a small explosive charge to ignite the fuel and send it spraying outward.

The fireball is short-lived, as rocket fuel burns fast, and the bomb has only a small amount of it to begin with. But in the brief moment the fireball exists, it vigorously expands and fills rooms, even flowing through doorways, down hallways, and around corners.

Even though the fireball lasts only a brief moment, the temperature is so hot (over 4,000 degrees) that anyone caught in the fireball gets third degree burns over 100% of their body. And if they inhale any burning rocket fuel, they will not have any lungs to exhale with.

Here is a picture of a test of the effects of a 2000-pound thermobaric bomb on a mock bunker (you can see at the top where the bomb penetrated the roof a second earlier):
http://web.archive.org/web/20070122184731/dsc.discovery.com/fansites/future-weapons/objects/images/weapons/weapon_zone_1/weapons/imagelarge_thermobaric.png

Our first large-scale use of thermbaric explosives was when we drove the terrorists out of Fallujah: the Marines used thermobaric explosives to clear most of the houses and buildings there. Since then we've been using thermbarics in most of our dronestrikes.

Extra-crispy bad guys! Mr. Green
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 27 May, 2013 09:38 pm
A fellow human was horrendously murdered. It's impossible to imagine that he didn't suffer horrible fear and pain. Add to this the fact that his death has left a family suffering and deprived and it's hard to suppress a raging anger towards his murderers.

His family, not his countrymen call for our sympathies, and they have mine in full.

His countrymen themselves are not unified in their reaction to this event and any demand that we honor their sentiments is grotesque.

Horribly, this one individual’s humanity has been subsumed by larger issues, and yet this is the way of the world. So many of the issues that generate public discourse involve personal tragedies that if not dismissed, are set aside.

Tragically, the suffering of individual humans is so common place that is really has very little impact on our debate of the associated issue.

I certainly don’t have an answer this to this intellectual dilemma. I only know that in discussing the matter as a larger affair I feel somehow diminished.
glitterbag

Mon 27 May, 2013 10:35 pm
@wandeljw,
I agree with your view.
Lustig Andrei

Mon 27 May, 2013 10:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You, obviously, don't watch Fox News or you wouldn't have such an outlandish opinion of it.

But you regurgitate the nonsense feed to you by Liberal Blogs quite well.

I watch Fox News quite frequently just to see how much more outrageous **** assholes like Bill O'Reilly can come up with. As Glitterbag said, the name is an oxymoron. Fox News is to 'news' what the 'Democratic Republic of (North) Korea' is to 'democracy.'
glitterbag

Mon 27 May, 2013 10:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Waiting for car repairs in a Dealership gives me too much exposure to Fox and Friends. I don't like shows that present opinion as news. I suppose that's one thing I will never get used to, I blame 32 years with DoD as an intelligence analyst. When you are providing info for military efforts or for incorporating into community wide assessments, you don't get to pick the evidence you think should be there, you have to let them know what you can prove, or you don't get to be an intelligence analyst anymore. They send you to intern for Fox and Friends and help them do they silly **** they do.

Blogs are just as unreliable as Fox, people type in all caps. I like newspapers, printed in black and white, something you can compare to future news reports.
oralloy

Mon 27 May, 2013 11:56 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
You, obviously, don't watch Fox News or you wouldn't have such an outlandish opinion of it.
But you regurgitate the nonsense fed to you by Liberal Blogs quite well.

I watch Fox News quite frequently just to see how much more outrageous **** assholes like Bill O'Reilly can come up with. As Glitterbag said, the name is an oxymoron. Fox News is to 'news' what the 'Democratic Republic of (North) Korea' is to 'democracy.'

I recall there was a study once, and it turned out that people who got their news from Fox News were just as well informed as those who got their news from the New York Times and National Public Radio.

As I recall, the study also said that people who got their news from Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert were equally as informed. (Not that this is relevant to Fox News, but it was a fascinating tidbit.)
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 28 May, 2013 01:53 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Do you deliberately only understand half of what is presented to you. JTT was talking about the protests in the run up to the illegal war in Iraq. He claimed they did no good. In fact they made it very difficult for any future prime minister to go against the will of the population in declaring war again. We will not get involved in a war in Iran. That's a good thing.
OmSigDAVID

Tue 28 May, 2013 02:35 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
JTT was talking about the protests in the run up to the illegal war in Iraq.
Do u imply that the war was "illegal" ?
If u do, will u indicate which law it violated ?
roger

Tue 28 May, 2013 02:37 am
@glitterbag,
One thing about news services: they can be perfectly honest in the reporting, but every one of them chooses what to report on. Sometimes to present a viewpoint, and sometimes it's a matter of space and subscriber interest, but every item represents a choice.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 28 May, 2013 02:53 am
@OmSigDAVID,
We've gone over this before. Wars are only legal if they have the backing of the UN Security Council or they're in self defence. This was something America was very keen on after WW2. I know you and Finn don't see it quite the same way, and I don't see a lot of point in raking over the coals.
OmSigDAVID

Tue 28 May, 2013 04:47 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

We've gone over this before. [ ?? ]
Forgive my memory.
0 Replies

panzade

Tue 28 May, 2013 04:51 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I agree with your view.

ditto...good reading there.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 28 May, 2013 11:50 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
As Glitterbag said, the name is an oxymoron. Fox News is to 'news' what the 'Democratic Republic of (North) Korea' is to 'democracy.'

It's actually called FAUX Noose.
0 Replies

JTT

Tue 28 May, 2013 01:47 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I don't like shows that present opinion as news. I suppose that's one thing I will never get used to, I blame 32 years with DoD as an intelligence analyst. When you are providing info for military efforts or for incorporating into community wide assessments, you don't get to pick the evidence you think should be there, you have to let them know what you can prove, or you don't get to be an intelligence analyst anymore. They send you to intern for Fox and Friends and help them do they silly **** they do.

You worked for the DoP, GB. The US doesn't do intelligence, they do lies, lies and more lies. But don't believe me, look at the facts.

Oh sorry, I forgot. You're the one that has been spreading Fox type do-do all over this thread.

Imagine, 32 ******* years as an "intelligence analyst" and you are wedded to the silly notion that the attacks on the western war criminals comes because people hate their freedoms.
0 Replies