Does "syndicated repost" mean "combining rebutal"?

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 11:39 am

Context:
Orders For Gold Go Unfilled In Asia – Russ Winter
May 14, 2013By Russ Winter

This is a syndicated repost courtesy of Winter Actionables. To view original, click here.

Considering the rush of gold orders in mid to late April, it is understandable that there would be some temporary delays in delivery. However, we’re now into mid May and sources indicate those same orders are still unfulfilled. So it begs the question: Where’s the gold?

The Shanghai Gold Exchange has an enormous appetite for physical gold, so much so that it’s absorbing all world production month after month — even before the April fire sale. A month’s production averages about 230 tonnes. Gold Miner Pulse, which tracks the numbers from the Shanghai Gold Exchange, reports that during the week of April 22 only one tonne has been delivered to the exchange. Since May 1, it has received only 0.3 tonnes.

The Economic Times of India reports a similar story. Furthermore, many Indian jewelers said compared to last year they expected gold sales will be up 30 % to 50% during the Akshaya Tritiay holiday on May 13 due to the lower price of gold.

Haresh Soni, chairman of the All India Gem and Jewellery Trade Federation, said banks and trading houses importing gold are getting only 10 percent of their orders as the demand has surged sharply after a sudden slide in gold prices last month. ‘If they place order for one tonne, for instance, then they are getting only around 100 kg,’ Soni said. “

Oh, I get it now, you deal with real market demand by declaring a defacto force majeure. Meanwhile the paper market continues on unimpeded. The Comex and LBMA wouldn’t be next for force majeure would it? Nah.

Once of the theories mentioned by Paul Craig Roberts is that this raid of the Comex was in conjunction with buying GLD shares in the washout, and then delivering 100,000 shares for physical gold, which was in turn shipped off to Asia. However, I think the real reason for the raid was to send leased gold back to the Federal Reserve so that delivers can be made to Germany and I predict additional official source who want their gold back. What the master of the universe didn’t reckon with was the huge demand out of China and India. And now the response is to choke those buyers off from real product.

Good news for silver bulls, as Japan will increase silver use for solar by 1.5 million ounces to 5 million ounces starting April ( Dowa Boosts Silver for Japan Post-Quake Solar Demand). That is if it can get delivered.

More:
http://wallstreetexaminer.com/2013/05/14/orders-for-gold-go-unfilled-in-asia-russ-winter/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 514 • Replies: 5
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
dalehileman

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 11:56 am
@oristarA,
Ori, you might be thinking "riposte." My guess is "repost" --not entirely a legitimate word--meaning, well, to cut-and-paste

http://onelook.com/?w=repost&ls=a
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=repost

When done without permission we say "pirate." Interesting incidentally in this connection there's no exact syn for "repost"
oristarA

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 07:15 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Ori, you might be thinking "riposte." My guess is "repost" --not entirely a legitimate word--meaning, well, to cut-and-paste

http://onelook.com/?w=repost&ls=a
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=repost

When done without permission we say "pirate." Interesting incidentally in this connection there's no exact syn for "repost"

Thank you.

My English-Chinese dictionary says:
repost1 [ri'pəust]
n.,vi.
= riposte

What does "syndicated" mean here?

0 Replies

ehBeth
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 07:26 pm
@oristarA,
Quote:

no

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/413151/newspaper-syndicate

This is the traditional meaning of media syndication:

Quote:
newspaper syndicate, also called Press Syndicate, or Feature Syndicate, agency that sells to newspapers and other media special writing and artwork, often written by a noted journalist or eminent authority or drawn by a well-known cartoonist, that cannot be classified as spot coverage of the news. Its fundamental service is to spread the cost of expensive features among as many newspapers (subscribers) as possible. Press syndicates sell the exclusive rights to a feature to one subscriber in each territory, in contrast to the wire news services (see news agency), which offer their reports to all papers in a given area.

In this example Russ Winter wrote something in his blog (Winter Actionables). He says he syndicated it - provided it to other online blogs for publication - and it is reposted on those other blogs courtesy of his blog.

It is different from traditional syndication as it appears to have been provided to the other blogs at no cost.

Reposting in this case means published at another online location.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 07:26 pm
@oristarA,
Quote:

no

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/413151/newspaper-syndicate

This is the traditional meaning of media syndication:

Quote:
newspaper syndicate, also called Press Syndicate, or Feature Syndicate, agency that sells to newspapers and other media special writing and artwork, often written by a noted journalist or eminent authority or drawn by a well-known cartoonist, that cannot be classified as spot coverage of the news. Its fundamental service is to spread the cost of expensive features among as many newspapers (subscribers) as possible. Press syndicates sell the exclusive rights to a feature to one subscriber in each territory, in contrast to the wire news services (see news agency), which offer their reports to all papers in a given area.

In this example Russ Winter wrote something in his blog (Winter Actionables). He says he syndicated it - provided it to other online blogs for publication - and it is reposted on those other blogs courtesy of his blog.

It is different from traditional syndication as it appears to have been provided to the other blogs at no cost.

Reposting in this case means published at another online location.
JTT

Reply Mon 20 May, 2013 11:42 am
@ehBeth,
This is an example, Contrex, of needless repetition. Even the hamsters know that.

Smile
0 Replies