I believe in B-ball ...

kickycan

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 09:53 pm
That was two and a half hours of my life STOLEN by horrible officiating. I imagine that would have been a good close game without those ASSH*LES.

I mean, the officials have been somewhat shitty throughout the playoffs, but at least they usually miss calls on both sides of the ball so it evens out. That was pitifully one-sided.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 02:56 am
Lakers fan, kicky?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 03:32 am
dammit, we almost handed them the game.
every time leon powe touched the ball he either made a bucket or got fouled... nice!

i agree -- the officiating sucked...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 07:22 am
A2K time stamps are off
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 11:05 am
snood wrote:
Lakers fan, kicky?

I admit I'm leaning towards the Lakers just a bit, but I actually like both of these teams. I just want it to be decided by the play on the court and not the officials.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 12:16 pm
I hear ya. funny thing is, I was a dyed in the wool Laker fan all through the 80's and part of the 90s, until the era of Shaq and kobe. And all those years I rooted against the Celts. But I like KG and I hope he can get a ring this year.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 12:29 pm
I see the Lakers winning one game. Detroit was the team to beat, and the Celtics beat them.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 12:30 pm
Welcome back from the Dark Side, snood.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 09:06 pm
Dark side of what? Being a Lakers fan?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 09:46 pm
snood wrote:

He means the Lakers are Evil.

Not much of a Star Wars fan are you, snood?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 03:48 am
Ticomaya wrote:
snood wrote:

Uh, yeah - heard of it... In fact, the term "dark side" became part of the vernacular because of StarWars, and is used widely enough that someone might even inquire as to context and meaning, when it's used.

Besides, the individual who used it is certainly capable of speaking for him/her self, and since you have been crystal clear you care not at all for my commentary or opinions...

why are you addressing me, asswipe?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 06:46 am
snood wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
snood wrote:

Uh, yeah - heard of it... In fact, the term "dark side" became part of the vernacular because of StarWars, and is used widely enough that someone might even inquire as to context and meaning, when it's used.

Oh ... because it seems to me if you were aware of "the Dark Side" from the Star Wars movies, you wouldn't need to ask the question.

Quote:
Besides, the individual who used it is certainly capable of speaking for him/her self, and since you have been crystal clear you care not at all for my commentary or opinions...

why are you addressing me, asswipe?

Really? When did I express that? It is true I don't care for many of your opinions (which is true of many leftists I converse with on the political threads), but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in hearing your opinions on other matters, or certainly chatting with you on other subjects unrelated to politics ... say in a basketball thread. However, it appears you view me as an enemy, to where you cannot disengage yourself from your paranoia and hostility towards me and just interact as people. Well, I have now reevaluated the utility in attempting to engage in any friendly conversation with you at all. If you want to be hostile in all of our interactions, I can certainly accommodate you.

I'm obviously addressing you because I enjoy conversing with cranky black men with chips on their shoulder.

God you're a dickhead.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 07:32 am
Gentlemen!

I started this topic. That may have been a while ago but I still did so. And I like peace in my topics.

I cannot prevent any of you from posting here or control your postings or make you all sit and hold hands and sing Kumbaya but I do ask as a personal favor that the sniping stay off this topic.

Thank you.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Celtic victory, already in progress.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 07:56 am
jespah wrote:
I cannot prevent any of you from posting here or control your postings or make you all sit and hold hands and sing Kumbaya but I do ask as a personal favor that the sniping stay off this topic.

No problem, jes. I didn't come here to snipe, or to take pot shots from those who wish to.

Go Celts!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 08:21 am
http://www.celticsbeagle.net/Celtscb.jpg
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 11:43 am
Can someone give me the 30-second version of the officiating fiasco in the NBA finals?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 06:23 pm
This official named Tim Donaghy got caught fixing calls so that people he knew who bet on games would win, or something to that effect. So he now has alleged that he has information on a whole bunch of games that were fixed by the league in order to either give favorable calls to certain "star" players, steer games in the direction of certain teams, and other such nastiness.

This link has more info.

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/rockytalklive/archives/2008/06/do_you_believe_nba_games_were.html

In my opinion, although Donaghy has no credibility at all and is a complete scumbag, I can easily believe that star players have gotten special treatment, and after seeing the officiating at the game in Boston last sunday and the game in L.A. on Tuesday, I don't think it's a stretch to believe that the league might be subtly suggesting that home teams get the better of the calls, or that they might otherwise try to influence a playoff game or series to be more competitive than it might actually be. In fact, star players getting the benefit of the doubt on foul calls, although obviously totally unfair, has been going on for so long that it is considered a part of the game by most people who follow the NBA at this point.

But I still can't help it. I like the game, and will suspend disbelief for as long as possible to allow myself some enjoyment of the damn playoffs, and as long as the officials don't make it too obvious, I will just have to live with it.

Anyway, let's hope for a good not-too-obviously-rigged game tonight.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 06:30 pm
Good luck with that.

I bleed green for the finals.

(a French Lick thing)

Rock
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 06:37 pm
I gotcher french lick right here, dude.

Ha, actually I have absolutely nothing against the Celtics. I just like the Lakers a little bit more this year. Plus, I would like a seven game series, so it would be nice if they tied it up tonight.

Let's go Lakers!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 06:47 pm
If someone could find the real Ray Allen, this would all be moot, but for the officials...

RH
0 Replies