I believe in B-ball ...

snood

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 07:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ooh, Chris Paul and James Hardin? I don't foresee a lot of ball sharing going on there. They are both too "alpha" - both used to being the first option and playmaker...
BillW

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 08:44 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Ooh, Chris Paul and James Hardin? I don't foresee a lot of ball sharing going on there. They are both too "alpha" - both used to being the first option and playmaker...

Yeah, that's the chemistry I was talking about. Especially the "playmaker" role . Both are great playmakers, and you can't have two on the floor!
Ragman

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 06:36 am
@BillW,
Playing minutes would suffer for one or both if they were allocated in a relief role, thus not a really workable possibility. Reduced 'super-sub' playing role for Paul might be indicated but isn't likely to work out. I saw that work for Bill Walton and the Celts but not many others. Of course, Walton never played guard as a pro; however, as a young teen, he did play guard. As result, he was a superb passer. This unique ability made him and the chemistry work amazingly..
snood

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 06:50 am
@Ragman,
And by that time Walton was primed and ready to accept a diminished role because of the limitations of age and injury. Even though Paul may have lost a step or two, I'm fairly sure he still has an ego as healthy as any franchise superstar.
Ragman

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 09:22 am
@snood,
Agreed. However, the desire to win it all must come into play somewhere somehow. There's potential there... perhaps?

Interesting how this Finals might shape up.

Then there's the Warriors and their chances this year!
Other factors like the impact of Irving's disaffection with the Cavs.

{Edit: WHAT? Irving is on my Celts? Where have I been? This happened in July I just read. Guess I took my eye off the sports page while I've been away on vacation. Yikes!}

Not a bad place for Celts to be in..with Irving as the main building block. Go Celts!
BillW

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 09:48 am
@Ragman,
Paul and Harden have to be on the floor at the same time. I am far more concerned with how Harden gets chemistry with Paul, not the other way around.

As far as Irving to Celts, congrats. I think that trade was due to how bad Lebron treats teammates!
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2017 11:19 am
@BillW,

Chris Paul is not interested in your concerns about his pairing with James Harden ...
BillW

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2017 01:23 pm
@Region Philbis,
As I said in my reply above, "I am far more concerned with how Harden gets chemistry with Paul, not the other way around."

We won't know how well that chemistry is til at least mid season!
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2017 01:27 pm
@BillW,

(that is the actual headline of the article, not a criticism of your opnion...)
BillW

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2017 01:37 pm
@Region Philbis,
Yeah, I read a part of the article. Paul will find a way to mesh, Harden, not so much so.
BillW

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2017 07:27 pm
@BillW,
Just 2 more days!
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 06:04 am
@BillW,
24 days until UConn Huskies Men's season starts. 26 days until UConn Huskies Women's season starts. This will be the year of the Husky!
BillW

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 09:27 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

24 days until UConn Huskies Men's season starts. 26 days until UConn Huskies Women's season starts. This will be the year of the Husky!

On average, can you tell me what % of each team are out of NYC - if you know?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 10:35 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

tsarstepan wrote:

On average, can you tell me what % of each team are out of NYC - if you know?

I have no idea. I was a UConn fan before I even moved to NYC. Started following them back in the early 90s when I was stationed in Fort Hood, TX.

Admittedly, my beginning devotion was pretty New England based randomness and not much else.

But I do know that the men's team will play at least two games at Madison Square Garden (though I probably won't be able to get tickets).
BillW

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 10:44 am
@tsarstepan,
I was just wondering. I find it totally amazing the lack of people who grew up in NYC in pro football. I know there are a few more in basketball, but not really proportionally. I figured UConn would be a school that utilized NYC scholarships, especially in basketball.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 06:22 pm

Gordon Hayward busted his leg...

Shocked
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2017 07:20 pm

despite ^that^ (and other injuries to starters Irving and Horford), the C's
have won a remarkable twelve in a row after dropping the first two...
BillW

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2017 09:10 pm
@Region Philbis,
My Thunders have been having their troubles, gotta chaulk it up to each other getting to know each other - they seem to have early chemistry.......
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2017 09:17 pm
I am reasonably happy with the Rockets.
BillW

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2017 09:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
I agree edgar, they do look good. I think Mr Harden would say he has got some new tools to work with!