I believe in B-ball ...

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 08:35 am
@snood,

exactly.
miami won the other night because their "big 3" scored 96 of the team's 107 points.
that's all well and good during the season, but come playoffs they will need more than 3 scorers if they want to advance to the 2nd round...
panzade

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 06:25 pm
@Region Philbis,
S Florida sports writers agree with you reeg.
Headline this morning:"Easy Wins Not Helping Heat's Growth"

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/multimedia/dynamic/00692/Heat_Week_9jpg_692037c.jpg
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2011 04:36 am
@panzade,

speaking of karma, lebron is day-to-day after spraining his ankle last night...
Ragman

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2011 09:49 am
@Region Philbis,
Jeez...can't someone in his circle tell King James that he should leave the shots at Cleveland behind. Makes the big man look small -- like the petulant child, which he is.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2011 11:31 am
"James questionable for Thursday with ankle sprain"

karma...?

(sorry reeg. i should read first. Rolling Eyes you get up mighty early, however)
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2011 01:09 pm
@Rockhead,

(it's that dang roostah next door...)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 05:54 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
I have been enjoying the small amount of time I get watching the high flying show of Blake Griffin.
he dropped 47/14 on the pacers, a day after they clipped the lakers @ staples...
BillW

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 10:14 pm
@Region Philbis,
It was also his 27th straight double-double. I saw the game, his total game is fun to watch. He is also very cool on the floor. He calmed Jordan down a few times - he is a big time leader.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 10:32 pm
The Celts looked good against Orlando tonight. Paul Pierce and Ray Allen are still deadly when on. Rondo's passing phenomenal; KG was fired up, and Shaq and the others like Big Baby definitely played a part.

R-A-W-N---D-O-HHHHHHH!!!!!
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 04:54 am
@snood,

yeah, we shot 60% last night.
lotsa lay-ups and high %age shots.
orlando kept draining 3's, keeping it close.
we needed KG's energy to get over the hump.
ray is closing in on reggie miller's 3-point record.
perkins is due back in a few weeks, as is delonte after the break...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 06:50 am
@Region Philbis,
Just watched the highlight of Griffin's performance against Indy. For a guy his size, he's a monster around the bucket -- like a leaner, quicker Charles Barkley. He had a spin move coming down the lane to get to a righty lay-up that was ridiculous.

Of course, the Round Mound of Sit-Down had the long-range game going by the middle of his career, as well...
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 06:54 am
@patiodog,

he's out to prove people wrong who say he's nothing but a dunk machine.
looking forward to watching him play the C's next month...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 10:19 pm
@patiodog,
Quote:
He had a spin move coming down the lane to get to a righty lay-up that was ridiculous.

Did you notice he started that move by a dribble between the legs - Barkley didn't have that kind of dribbling ability. Blake also has a midrange shot. He had a couple of 6-8 foot no look twister, jump shots in that game.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 09:48 pm
About 12 games until the All-Star game on February 20th. What should the league do to make it count? Should the do what the MLB did and give homecourt advantage to the winning conference? Something else?
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2011 04:29 am
@tsarstepan,

MLB did it to draw more interest (ie. ratings).
don't think the NBA has an issue with lack of fan interest for the all-star game...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2011 06:27 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Quote:
He had a spin move coming down the lane to get to a righty lay-up that was ridiculous.

Did you notice he started that move by a dribble between the legs - Barkley didn't have that kind of dribbling ability. Blake also has a midrange shot. He had a couple of 6-8 foot no look twister, jump shots in that game.

I came around slowly to being a Blake 'believer'. In the back of my mind, I admit I was thinking he was just a pet sort of 'favorite character' or something for people that didn't know jack about basketball. But that young man has got a special talent, and if he has work ethic, should be providing ooohs and ahhhs for several years. His speed, strength, leaping ability and savvy make me shake my head and go "Damn!" just about every time I've seen him.
BillW

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 05:06 pm
@snood,
I've been watching him for about 5 years now. It will be interesting to see how he matures. A lot of the stuff he does now can't be done in 5-6 more years. Ask Kobie!
snood

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 06:49 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

I've been watching him for about 5 years now. It will be interesting to see how he matures. A lot of the stuff he does now can't be done in 5-6 more years. Ask Kobie!

Yeah, that's true. I saw that whole thing play out with Jordan. Watched him from freshman year with UNC all the way through the debacle year with the Wizards. Jordan developed a deadly fall away jumper with a high arc that was nearly as unstoppable as his slash through the lane had been. Kobe's having a little harder time transitioning, I think. I think LeBum will have an even harder time. Blake? time will tell...
panzade

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 06:56 pm
@snood,
I saw Blake highlights for the first time Saturday; Awesome!

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 04:57 am

C's turned a close game into a laugher down the stretch, shooting 60% against a disinterested laker squad.

pretty amazing turnaround after managing only 71 against phoenix friday night...
0 Replies