jespah

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 06:10 am
@patiodog,
Uh, but this time we really mean it!

Riiiiight.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 07:12 am
The last time something like this happened, I think it was Chamberlain joining West and Baylor.

The Heat have really gutted their team and will have to be careful to bring the right supporting cast in.

Championships aren't a gimme here.
snood

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 07:55 am
@panzade,
When the Lakers drafted Malone and Payton a few years back, they thought it was going to make a championship a gimme. Didn't.
panzade

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 08:05 am
@snood,
Still, for the purposes of selling out an arena and making big bucks and creating a huge buzz in an already buzzy town; the Heat are gonna bring in a bonanza to S Florida.
I'm already counting my pesos for tickets.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 08:07 am
This is why I love college ball so much.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 08:10 am
@snood,

the heat won't go all the way until the superstars realize that W's are way more important than PPG...

and it goes without saying (but i'll say it anyhoo) --

lebron has hurt his image big-time by making himself public enemy #1 in cleveland...

http://media.cleveland.com/photogallery/photo/09c915661ba218f7ffa7d6322b41c581_custom_665xauto.jpg
panzade

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 08:10 am
@LionTamerX,
They're not mutually exclusive.
NBA rips off the fans
NCAA rips off the players.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 08:12 am
@Region Philbis,
Image?
He hurt it way before now
Besides, Image doesn't bring rings...just ask Kobe
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 08:18 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
"If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels." -- Dan Gilbert

What a maroon. It took Labron leaving to fully motivate him to bring a championship to town? Classless hubris.
patiodog

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 07:54 am
@Ticomaya,
Just heard phone-in mook audio clip on SC -- "This proves that LeBron will never be Jordan, he'll never be Bird, he'll never be Magic. He'll never win by himself."

Course, neither did those three, and last I checked, there was no Pippen, or Worthy, or Kareem, or Parish, or Cartwright, or Rodman, or McHale, or even a Michael Cooper or a John Paxson in Cleveland. Kobe was closer to winning them on his own with the Lakers' last couple of titles than any of those guys were -- and he had a great (if obnoxious) coach with a sound offensive philosophy.

If I wanted to win a title, I'd have left Cleveland, too. Probably wouldn't have had my own TV special and all, but sheesh.

LBJ in Chicago would have been more interesting, though.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 07:59 am
@patiodog,

kobe would not have gotten his latest bling without gasol...

agree that chic was a better fit for the king.
perhaps he decided he didn't want thibodeau screaming at him for the next 5 years?
i mean, that man has some pipes!
patiodog

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 02:51 pm
@Region Philbis,
Not sure I'd want to play for Reinsdorf either, for that matter. Could've set up a nice Chicago-Miami rivalry, though. No offense, but LA/Boston is getting a little tired.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 05:40 am

journeyman anthony tolliver spoofs the king...

0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 01:54 pm

Quote:
Shaq plays 'statue' at Harvard Square

Celtics center Shaquille O'Neal decided today is the day he'll spend an hour in Harvard Square as a "statue."
Shaq sent a message to his followers on Twitter that he would be at Harvard Square this afternoon.
(Bahstin Globe)

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2010/10/21/1__1287686246_8035.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 02:02 pm
@Region Philbis,
When did Shaq happen to Boston? I'm wondering how I missed this news. I can be so oblivious sometimes.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 02:05 pm
@tsarstepan,

the C's inked him to a two-year deal in august...
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 02:53 pm
I saw him last night. Nigel and I went to the pre-season game vs the Nets.
That is one big guy. I think I could put his shoes on over my shoes.

I remarked to Nigel that KG and Shaq together are a daunting sight. He
said "That's a lot of tall. That's enough tall for three people."
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 10:00 am

so the C's host the LeBron Heat tomorrow night, then hit the road the next night to play in cleveland.

wondering if the cav fans will give the C's a standing O if they beat the Heat...
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 10:36 am
@Region Philbis,
I would love for the rest of the world to see how LeBron is the next Karl Malone. Destined to be a great career player sans the NBA Championship AKA one really overrated player who doesn't deserve all of the hype.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 12:37 pm
@tsarstepan,

one could make the argument that both karl and stockton were victims of circumstance --
they lost in the finals two years in a row when da bulls dynasty was at it's peak...