Law and Order with JO is like the Hagendas of crime shows
0 Replies

melbournian cheese

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 01:55 am
well put Algis!
0 Replies

pat32552

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 05:59 pm
I am a die hard L&O fan and all I can say to not having Jerry on the show I don't feel like I lost anything if I miss a night. The new guy just doesn't cut it with me. He is to sobby for my taste. Like he knows it all already. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 06:02 pm
pat32552-Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Agree. I now get my L&O "fix" watching reruns with Jerry!
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:24 pm
Actually he represent L&O, although in my opinion the new actors plays their role very well.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:14 am
I am SO out of touch! I had to read the whole thread to even know who Orbach was or what Law and Order is. Confused

I really am sorry for you though, Phoenix. Sad
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 01:34 am
I LOOOVVEEE LAW & ORDER!!! I just started watching it a few months back and dude- I PRAY that my work schedule doesn't interfere with it. I don't quite understand how the "Criminal Intent" and "Special Victims Unit" work together? Is it the same show?? The spin-off I heard mentioned earlier in the thread. But either way I love both of them.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 05:52 am
mchol- They are three different shows. They don't work together. The shows are produced by the same people, as L&O. They are different, as their focus is not the same, but you can see some similarity in the way that the shows come across.

In the original L&O, you had a crime. The cops found the perp, and the DAs office prosecuted it. The show definitely has a two tier effect in it. The first half hour emphasizes the police work, while the second related to prosecuting the case. If you notice, in the first 1/2 hour, the DA's staff is seldom seen. The same for the 2nd half hour, where the police play either no or a minor role.

In SUV, you are dealing with cases that have a sexual nature. The police are seen throught the entire show, with the DAs office having a supporting part.

In "Criminal Intent" the focus is on the crime, the criminal, and how D'Onofrio brings the criminal to justice.
0 Replies