Satan (a discussion)

BillW

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 01:54 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

I do, it must be a deep psychological defence mechanism... maybe...

There are some wise people who say things like this though:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-69jRoBjCc1Y/T-FH0AI1I5I/AAAAAAAAASc/55YhTkEg4q4/s1600/albert-einstein-intuition-300x190.jpg

You do realize that Einstein was a self proclaimed Agnostic?
igm

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:13 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

igm wrote:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-69jRoBjCc1Y/T-FH0AI1I5I/AAAAAAAAASc/55YhTkEg4q4/s1600/albert-einstein-intuition-300x190.jpg

I'm comfortable with that... it's the quote above that has the ring of truth about it, so that's why I decided to post it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:28 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

Here is a picture of me discussing this very thing. I tried to explain how the comment could be misinterpreted and used in error...but he seemed intent on offering it anyway.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk17/frankapisa/For%20a2k/meandeinstein_zps21ada5d9.jpg
BillW

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:53 pm
@igm,
BillW Wrote:

img Responds:
I'm comfortable with that... it's the quote above that has the ring of truth about it, so that's why I decided to post it.

Bill Responds:
That is fine with me also, I was just pointing out there are multiple readings of his quote. I do and did recognize yours and do respect it.
igm

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Of course... what can you do! Laughing
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:04 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

I truly love that picture. I guess I am a ham!
igm

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

igm wrote:

I truly love that picture. I guess I am a ham!

I've seen you post it several times... what's the story?
BillW

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
But it is so cool, I never knew I would be trading replies with a person who is 120+ years old. Who would of thunk it?
0 Replies

igm

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:07 pm
@BillW,
Appreciated Bill.
BillW

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:12 pm
@igm,
Religion is something I take away from no one! I would feel the same if you were Buddist, Hindi, Zorasta Farian, Muslim, Angnostic, Atheists, Animistic, etc.
igm

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:18 pm
@igm,
I'm going with waxworks not photoshop?

Einstein's wax figure at Madame Tussaud's NY

http://0.tqn.com/d/physics/1/7/a/0/-/-/EinsteinWax.jpg
igm

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:22 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Religion is something I take away from no one! I would feel the same if you were Buddist, Hindi, Zorasta Farian, Muslim, Angnostic, Atheists, Animistic, etc.

Yes, if you take something like that away from someone... what happens if there's nothing to replace it... that can't be the correct thing to do... under most circumstances... I'd say.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:23 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

I'm going with waxworks not photoshop?

Einstein's wax figure at Madame Tussaud's NY

http://0.tqn.com/d/physics/1/7/a/0/-/-/EinsteinWax.jpg

BINGO!

0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:38 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

BillW wrote:

Yes, if you take something like that away from someone... what happens if there's nothing to replace it... that can't be the correct thing to do... under most circumstances... I'd say.

My meaning isn't so esoteric, it is a personal meaning that a person chooses based on personal and family events. To me, there is but one God - no matter what you name her. And, btw, I normally do not capitalize god, why I have been recently I can not explain?
BillW

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:40 pm
@BillW,
Heck, I read back over what each of us wrote, and they really aren't all that different - ha!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 09:20 pm
@igm,
This intuitive mind quote is a fake. I don't believe that Einstein ever said it. It was made up by some quack writer named Bob Stein who never gave a source.

Einstein apparently never said this or anything like it.
neologist

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 12:21 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
This intuitive mind quote is a fake. I don't believe that Einstein ever said it. It was made up by some quack writer named Bob Stein who never gave a source.

Einstein apparently never said this or anything like it.
Comes up quick in a Google search, though.
0 Replies

igm

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 02:29 am
@maxdancona,
I'm tempted to say how can you know that for certain? I'll just say that's not my polnt. To me it's what was said that matters and not who said it. Wise words are wise words and to me they convey an underlying truth.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 06:38 am
@igm,
It is an idiotic quote. Too long for a fortune cookie, but about the same intellectual import.

The reason it was attached to Einstein was to distract people from how stupid it is.
igm

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 07:27 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

It is an idiotic quote. Too long for a fortune cookie, but about the same intellectual import.

The reason it was attached to Einstein was to distract people from how stupid it is.

Well you said it... so it must be true?!!! ... not... you should at least say "In my opinion" or "this scholarly biography of Einstein stated it" or "a handwritten letter signed by him contradicted it"... you defend science so don't state things that are hearsay if you want to be taken seriously... or don't bother me... with them.