Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 08:37 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 559 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Fedral

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 10:03 am
Titus, can I ask you a favor. I, like 5-10% of males am color blind. Your use of colored text against the A2K background makes it nearly impossible for me to read your posting without a great deal of pain.

Could you please stick to black text so that some of us can have a decent chance to read what you write easily?
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 10:49 am
I like the color text and will continue using it.

A suggestion for you: open the links I provide unless I've written an original piece.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 11:08 am
Titus wrote:
I like the color text and will continue using it.

A suggestion for you: open the links I provide unless I've written an original piece.

I was reading the links (I much prefer reading links .)
But the problem in the future, is going to be reading any of your original posts in the future.

I was just asking for myself and those others of a color blind nature.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 01:47 pm
I'm color blind Fedral and I don't have any problem reading Titus' posts!
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 05:00 pm
Color blind still sees grey......geez....I mean really now. Most of them just can't tell two colors apart, usually red and green. Are we to believe that dogs can't discern shapes despite being color blind?
OIL IS KING
We have made ourselves utterly dependent upon oil because that is exactly what monopolies achieve - they put all the eggs in one basket to control the resulting profits. Unchecked, unbalanced capitalism put us in this basket, and there is no getting out of it.

The war in Iraq is a war for resources. THERE IS NO OTHER KIND OF WAR. Peace and stability imply ever-flowing oil.

Do you realize that any serious dent in incoming oil supplies would put this country in a Great Depression in about three weeks flat? Oil is the blood inside all our companies, highways, air routes, factories, stores, houses, schools, everything. Without the oil everything will come to a grinding halt.

It's what we deserve, actually, for being so damned stupid about profits versus stability and an ongoing continuity. When are we going to learn that everytime you try to grab it all you end up with nothing?

There is some extreme pettiness here trying to act civil as agreed to in order to play here...and it is exactly that kind of pettiness that leads to monopolies and dependencies. It's a straight road to hell, be it from an individual or a corporate body acting much the same.

The ancient world's solution to dwindling resources and burgeoning populations was two-fold. Migrations would occur that are disallowed in today's carved-up planet.

The second choice was war for resources. Just go in there and take what you want and kill whoever gets in your way. Probably the oldest political solution on the planet. And here we have it happening once again even at this late date of 2004 years in the name of our Lord.

Call it what you will, but the oil in Iraq is the real goal, and always has been. Saudi is the ultimate goal, and the US is indeed slowly marching westward across the Middle East.

I think the ancients understood that some day, all that oil would become a big war for resources by those who become dependent upon it to run their engines they call civilization. And eventually, one group would come in and try to take it. Of course, the owners, being who they are, will ultimately destroy those oil fields once it is clear they are losing them forever. For the greater glory of Allah you know...even if it means a return to the Middle Ages.

Recall that Mad Max's world came about because of a war that ended up blowing up all the oil fields and leaving civilization in the lurch as a result.

It isn't so far-fetched an idea. We certainly have leaders still that act like barbarians, and stupid actions often lead to disasterous results.

Like it says in Revelation:

Those who survived stoof from afar and saw her great burning, and wept over the loss of Babylon. Babylon could very well be a symbol of the region's vast oil resources, not some city in the Middle East.

Great was her smoke, and she was consumed in an hour...

Such an event would alter the globe's climate with the resulting loss of albedo with a giant black smoke ring around the Earth.

Then we'll see the disease and the famine.

And Bush is determined to stay the course in Iraq, and no atrocity will deter him from his goal to make Iraqi oil US dependent.

Wars for resources are dangerous gambles. Resistance could turn out to be irresistable, or even worse, the object in dispute can be ruined somehow.

WE don't need to nuke ourselves to ruin civilization as we know it for the entire planet. We are a delicate web of life, not an enduring institution carved in stone. And even stone crumbles eventually, and the rocks do not rest, but move like everything else.

Durable goods might not be a bad investment for the future. If Bush is the Anti-Christ like I think he is, I mean, I can't look at him without seeing forked tounge flicking and long tail twitching. No one else sees this of course, but Bush is the most frightening face I have ever had to look upon.

The Anti-Christ took a blow to the head and miraculously lived to gain Authority over everyone.

And now he wants all the oil there is everywhere ultimately. We are witnessing imperial designs cloaked in moralsuasion.

Sure, we need oil all right, and in a bad way if we want to continue expanding. The situation is probably far worse than we realize. But fighting to keep the oil flowing withouth planning for conversion is downright foolish and leads to things like wars for resources where whole peoples get crushed down and forced to give up their treasures in tribute to the king.

The way federal government is acting, it is getting harder and harder to believe that we actually live in a republic anymore. And the risk for some real Armageddon-like events are much, much greater than they ever were before this recent venture.

We are supposed to be protecting stability over there, not destabilizing the entire Middle East to ultimately take over.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 05:07 pm
Dark blue and black are also indistinguishable from anyone color-blind.

Hi Titus! South or west, which one is it?

I ended up in Providence, doing subsidy housing. I guess it's northeast for Umbagog, come what may.

Fedral is, shall we say, amusing, eh?

The pain is real, I am sure of that, but not over your "invisible ink".....

hehehehehe

Shocked

Embarrassed

Very Happy
0 Replies