How to become a Professional

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 06:28 am
After 1 month i'll finish high school and i have a true intention to get in the field of Software Engineering and become a professional, i know it will take some time but totally worth it, and there's alot of programming language and i don't know where to start, some people told me to start with PHP/MYSQL, so what language should i start with? and how much it will take till i become good enough to be able to secure operating systems?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,162 • Replies: 10
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 06:41 am
@Sonal Bajpayee,
The easiest route to being a software engineer is through college. Most of us have at least a four year college degree (that is a bachelor's degree in the US). Is this a possibility?

The important thing is to start programming, pick out a project and then work on it. The language you start with is not the most important. The project that is best for you to work on first has a lot to do with who you are.

That being said, HTML/Javascript might be a good place to start. Javascript is the language that runs on the browser which gives you a quick way to write programs and see the work without too much setup. Javascript is also universal. Everyone uses it and almost any developer these days will be doing something in javascript.

Good luck.

Loh Jane

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 07:06 am
@maxdancona,
Sigh,numberless graduates can't apply what they have learned at Universities nowadays. There have been two protests this year.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 07:53 am
@Loh Jane,
I don't really understand what you are saying Jane. Do you want to try rephrasing that?

Loh Jane

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 08:22 am
@maxdancona,
Sorry.I shouldn't have interrupted.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 08:44 am
@Loh Jane,
Why are you sorry? I wasn't complaining. I want to understand your point. You are here to practice English, right? I very happy to help you. I don't understand what you mean by "numberless". And, I am not sure what you mean by "can't apply what they have learned".

Are you saying that college graduates are having trouble finding jobs?

I have no problem with your participation in this thread or any other.

roger

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 08:44 am
@Loh Jane,
If you had said countless instead of numberless, he would have understood immediately.

I'm glad to see you easing into more or less ordinary conversations, and you didn't interrupt anything.
Loh Jane

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 04:59 pm
@roger,
Hi roger,
Thanks for your correction.May I ask the difference between 'countless' and 'numberless'?
Loh Jane

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 05:01 pm
@maxdancona,
Hi max,
Yes.Many IT graduates can't find IT jobs here.
roger

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 08:11 pm
@Loh Jane,
I think they would both mean the same thing, but I can't recall ever having heard the word numberless. It's just rare enough that it doesn't quite fit the stock useage.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 08:28 pm
@Loh Jane,
In the US, it is pretty easy for a qualified programmer to find a job. The key word, of course, is "qualified", you need to show that you really know how to program. Surprisingly, not all computer programming graduates are really able to program.

US companies are desperate for good programmers, even for those who have just finished college. If you have a college degree and demonstrable skill, you will have no trouble finding a job here.
0 Replies