BLOWING THE WHISTLE ON BUSH

Titus

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 06:48 pm
The intensity and vehemence of the White House's attacks on its former anti-terrorism chief, Richard A. Clarke, show how clearly Bush's political strategists recognize that Mr. Clarke's allegations strike at the heart of his bid for re-election.

The opening White House assaults on Mr. Clarke ran from sophmoric ridicule to outright slander.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bal-op.witcover24mar24,0,3702548.column

The question is whether the effort to discredit Mr. Clarke will put out this fire. The attempt already is under way by Republicans in the 9/11 commission hearings.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 757 • Replies: 11
No top replies

doglover

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 07:33 pm
I thought this thread was about Bush having an intern under the desk! Mr. Green
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 09:06 pm
titus

The book is really very good too. And selling like...well, hotcakes.

The first attack was from Cheney who said 'clarke was out of the loop'...and today, Condi Rice said that was wrong, that 'clarke was in the loop'. No kidding.

These guys are truly amazing. They appear to be so convinced that they are on the side of godliness and all that is right, that they are actually morally free to be as deceitful as they wish.
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 08:03 am
"I thought this thread was about Bush having an intern under the desk! " doglover

Nah, that's Bush under Vladimir Putin's desk when he visits Moscow this summer. :wink:
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 08:05 am
Maybe when he is done he will get to gaze into his eyes again and see his soul.
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 08:12 am
blatham:

That's what I hear. I received an e-mail yesterday from an old college pal who is a columnist for Newsday now and she said Clarke's book is must reading from Boston to Washington -- they can't keep it on the shelves.

I'm going to try and find a copy this weekend and wade through it. My blood pressure pills close at hand.

The level of slander aimed at Clarke by the Bush White House helmed by Karl Rove is unprecedented in my lifetime. Even uber-GOPer Richard Nixon couldn't touch these operatives.

Bush should be afraid -- very afraid.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 08:17 am
Titus wrote:
"I thought this thread was about Bush having an intern under the desk! " doglover

Nah, that's Bush under Vladimir Putin's desk when he visits Moscow this summer. :wink:

Ya tebya liubliu Putin!
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 08:27 am
doglover:

No capeche, but I assume it has something to do with Bush gazing into Putin's soul? LOL!!!
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 08:33 am
Titus wrote:
doglover:

No capeche, but I assume it some it has something to do with Bush gazing into Putin's soul? LOL!!!

LOL Titus. Ya tebya liubliu means 'I Love You' in Russian.
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 08:42 am
doglover:

Capeche!

I wonder then what Bush tells Laura? Maybe, "Here's my Amex card, now scram for a week -- Vladimir is coming to visit me at the ranch. We have some positions to discuss."

LOL!!!!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 09:00 am
Titus
Titus, the Media is the one to watch to see what the outcome of the Clarke-Bush dust up will be. If the Media is finally over its love affair with Bush and when realizes there is more money to be made by going after Bush et al, the public's common good will win. If the Media caves in, we are all in big trouble.

BBB
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 03:48 pm
Bumble Bee:

I'm afraid you may be correct.
0 Replies