Democrats Desert Kerry for Bush

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 01:48 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Suzy, don't forget the undisclosed secret cost overrun of Bush's "wonderful" prescription drug plan that is already underfunded before it starts. And don't forget the Bush lies that made its approval possible.

I expect this latest politically-motivated drug plan bill to be reversed soon, by both liberals and conservatives, who were lied to about the costs.

BBB
And don't forget that the prescription drug plan Congress passed was virtually identical to that proposed in the Clinton administration but shot down by the Republicans who insisted we couldn't afford it.

Hypocritical? Sure. I thought the whole thing ill advised then and still do. And I am sure it will be rescinded or scaled down long before it goes into effect several years hence. Fault the president for a bad idea yes. But paint him with horns and a tail just because he's the Republican president elect? No. That's bad for the country.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 08:04 pm
Fedral wrote:

I love Democrats, when a Republican switches sides, he is lauded as:

"Breaking ranks to take a moral stand against the Administration"

Yet when a Democrat switches sides he is villified as:

"Being bought by the other side."

LOL you have to love them.

Well the Republicans have all the money, Dems can't aford to buy off the Republicans. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 08:28 pm
roverroad wrote:
Fedral wrote:

I love Democrats, when a Republican switches sides, he is lauded as:

"Breaking ranks to take a moral stand against the Administration"

Yet when a Democrat switches sides he is villified as:

"Being bought by the other side."

LOL you have to love them.

Well the Republicans have all the money, Dems can't aford to buy off the Republicans. Rolling Eyes

Here, fedral has it right. That's a double standard. It may well be that one case is more justifiable than the other, but that case has to be made further than with a simple ad hominem.
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 06:24 pm
Re: Democrats Desert Kerry for Bush
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Other Democrats participating in events Wednesday on Bush's behalf included former Florida Lt. Gov. Wayne Mixson, who served under Bob Graham, and Ken Trentham, a former Bollinger, Mo., county commissioner.

If out this nation of 250 million people, the best they could get together is a county commissioner who happens to be democrat, then bush really is in trobule.
0 Replies