BUSH'S NEWEST ENEMY: THE TRUTH

Titus

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 01:10 pm
One of the first official acts of the current Bush administration was to downgrade the office of national coordinator for counterterrorism on the National Security Council - a position held by Richard A. Clarke.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,1177332,00.html

Bush protests now: "And had my administration had any information that terrorists were going to attack New York City on September 11, we would have acted."

But he had plenty of information. The former deputy attorney general, Jamie Gorelick, the only member of the 9/11 commission to read the president's daily brief, revealed in the hearings that the documents "would set your hair on fire" and that the intelligence warnings of al-Qaida attacks "plateaued at a spike level for months" before September 11. Bush is fighting public release of these PDBs.

I wonder why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 511 • Replies: 5
No top replies

doglover

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 01:18 pm
I think Bush had advance knowledge that the US would be attacked by al-Qaida. That's why he sat in that classroom, cool as a cucumber reading to the school kids on the morning of September 11, 2001. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 01:27 pm
Of course you do...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 01:28 pm
It's called being a boon to the right. Sigh.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 01:30 pm
"boon"... Laughing
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 02:50 pm
doglover:

I agree. And what better way for the faux resident to wipe the stain of illegitimacy away and provide Poppy and Barr's widdle precious with the mantle of "wartime President?"

He's a scumbag.
0 Replies