Bush Makes Jokes About Lack Of WMDs In Iraq

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 07:18 pm
TheChamplainChannel.com
Its hard to believe Bush would joke about such a serious matter and that the audience would laugh at him. I think Bush should trot on over to Walter Reed Hospital and try those jokes out on the veterans who are there recovering from their wounds. ---BBB

Bush Makes Jokes About Lack Of WMDs In Iraq
POSTED: 8:59 a.m. EST March 25, 2004
Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- President George W. Bush has taken some time out from his intense re-election campaign to poke some fun at himself.During a dinner with the news media, President George W. Bush poked fun during a slide show. He captioned one photo showing him looking under furniture, "Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere." Do you think the jokes were appropriate? Yes. It was good-natured fun.No. The war isn't an issue to joke about.

The president rubbed elbows Wednesday night with 1,500 guests at the 60th annual dinner of the Radio and Television Correspondents' Association.

Bush's speech featured a slide show which he called the "White House Election-Year Album." One photo showed the president looking under furniture. He captioned it: "Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere."

Another slide showed Bush playing cards on Air Force One. He said that's one of him boning up on the names of leaders he was about to meet at an international summit.

The president also offered a serious view of the world's problems -- showing American soldiers in Afghanistan burying a piece of the fallen World Trade Center in memory to those killed on 9/11.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 737 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Titus

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 07:23 pm
If the negative e-mails that deluged the cable news networks from angry family members with kids in Iraq are any indication, I'd say Bush, once again, stuck his foot in his lopsided mouth.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 07:23 pm
Aleady discussed. Thanks for keeping up.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 07:40 pm
Yeah, but that one is locked.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 07:53 pm
Kerry Knocks Bush Over WMD Jokes
Kerry Knocks Bush Over WMD Jokes
Thu Mar 25 2004 17:04:23 ET

The Following was issued by the Kerry For President campaign this evening:

"How Out of Touch Can This President Be?

"George Bush insulted me as a veteran and as a friend to many still serving in Iraq. This act lowers the dialogue about weapons of mass destruction. War is the single most serious event that a President or government can carry its people into. No weapons of mass destruction have been found and that is no joke - this is for real. This cheapens the sacrifice that American soldiers and their families are dealing with every single day." -- Brad Owens (Iraqi War Veteran, US Army Reserves)

Speaking at the Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner in Washington last night, President George W. Bush showed a stunningly cavalier attitude toward the failed search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and the Administration's rush to war.

"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere," Bush mimicked, as a slide of the President looking under furniture in the Oval Office appeared on the screen.

That's supposed to be funny?

If George Bush thinks his deceptive rationale for going to war is a laughing matter, then he's even more out of touch than we thought. Unfortunately for the President, this is not a joke.

585 American soldiers have been killed in Iraq in the last year, 3,354 have been wounded, and there's no end in sight. Bush Turned White House Credibility into a Joke George Bush sold us on going to war with Iraq based on the threat of weapons of mass destruction. But we still haven't found them, and now he thinks that's funny?

"George Bush didn't tell us the truth about the economy, about job loss, about the true cost of his deceptive prescription drug plan, or about the existence of weapons of mass destruction. There's nothing funny about that."
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 08:00 pm
I was listening to michael Savage on the way home from work tonight. It's not that I like him, just a sort of self flagellation thing I do, like reading posts from Federal or McG.

Savage was really upset about the jokes that Bush made. He kept playing clips of them and commenting on the poor taste and lack of judgement, not only of Bush but his advisors and script writers. This coming from Savage, the king of poor taste says something. From the clips it sounded as though there were several about WMD....not here...no not here....not here either. There was also one that Rumsfield's favorite TV show was Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Savage really railed on that one about how demeaning it was to the Secretary of Defense.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 08:13 pm
Proof once again.
Shrub is a shallow, sociopath. Yeah, tell that joke to the family members of dead &/or maimed soldiers.

A piece of the WTC taken from the site and planted in Afghanistan? WTF? Why haven't we heard of that years ago?
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 08:16 pm
What comes out of the mouth of trifecta Bush can no longer surprise me (shock, yeah).
I wonder how his trip to Boston went today? I'll bet they let him have it. Not that we'll hear about it on the news.

Why was the last topic locked?
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:55 am
The endless worship of Bush by his supporters astounds me.

Look, it was in bad taste for him to make a joke about WMD, especially considering the circumstances. Can't you even concede THAT?

Jesus Christmas... thats what makes this so damn frustrating sometimes.

Bush could take a sh*t on a baby on national television and they'd still find some way to excuse the conduct.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 04:38 pm
Yup, probably!
0 Replies