Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:23 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,692 • Replies: 28
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:29 am
I don't want to be offensive here, but can you give the articles a break? Or start a single thread for all of them? Maybe start a "I hate Bush" thread and post these in.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:37 am
McGentrix
McGentrix, some people can't help being offensive---but I try to overlook it. If you don't try to tell me what I can post I won't tell you either. You are free to post all the praise Bush items you wish and even whine about mine.

BBB
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:45 am
Bumble Bee:

I've always thought Bush was nuts.

There are many reports that as a child, he enjoyed hurting small animals.

As Texas governor, who can forget his now infamous performance impersonating the woman on death row? After he was done, he laughed hysterically.

We humans have a unique ability to get a 'sense' of people we come in contact with -- Bush has those 'dead eyes' that remind me of the John Wayne Gacy's of the world.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:46 am
Is Bush Unhinged?

No, just stupid and venal.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:48 am
He's a moron -- and one of the most dangerous people ever to hold the office. Anyone considering voting to keep him in office ought to be ashamed of him/herself.
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 02:42 pm
I don't know about unhinged, but he's got some serious issues.

And yes, Bush DID make fun of that woman on death row:

"In a magazine interview about the execution of fellow born-again Christian Karla Faye Tucker, Bush mockingly imitated her high-pitched voice begging for her life." -Capital Times (Madison, WI.) February 12, 2000

Now, maybe some people might find a person on death row funny, but I sure as hell don't. I'd love to hear a Bush supporter explain that one away.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 02:48 pm
Heh! "I don't wanna die...*waaahhhhhh!!!*"
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 02:55 pm
That was real cute, McG. I was developing a particular opinion of you before, but I wasn't quite sure if what I was thinking was correct. I figured I'd feel it out a bit and see if I was wrong.

Turns out I wasn't. Thanks for the verification.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 02:57 pm
Hmmm...would "ditto" be out of place here? Probably not.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 03:57 pm
gw bush
This Pres. has an average IQ. His maturity level is one of an pre teen. He only understands simple concepts. Right and wrong.. Evil and good. Black and white. The speeches he gives were of course written for him but when he speaks on his own, he rarely makes sense. In my view that's why millions of Americans like him. They relate.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 05:15 pm
Your under-estimation of Bush will be the left's failing come November.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 05:22 pm
The Bushies must be worried, otherwise they would not be out in force today. Wink
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 05:28 pm
Nope.
Srub is a sock puppet, ass clown. It's his handlers that are the concern. They are the Spin Masters that twist reality like a pretzel. The Dems are weak and mainly incompetent. They still are under the delusion that being "conservative lite" is their calling card. They are devided and the main powers in the Dem party are moderates who are pushing the progressives aside and down.

The Plutocracy doesn't care who is Pres. as long as their Business of Corp. Power Internationally is catered to. It is so obvious that those who really run Amerika do not care about democracy. In fact Multi-Corps prefer to deal with Dictarships or other Plutocracies that will do smooth business with them.
History does show that America has overthrown directly or indirectly other nations' Govt.s even democratic ones.

Most Americans are ignorant of the reality of American Govt. and how this nation has conducted and is conducting the business of America. The Bush Regime is merely more right leaning and has the notion that social & health programs of any type should be privatized and the worker's should not have Soc. Security, Worker's Comp. or Unions. Is this a secret?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 06:10 pm
The only thing I agree with McGentrix is that in the past we have underestimated Bush or rather we underestimated the American public willingness to follow such a man. Any simple line that is uttered without stumbling from Bush is liable to turn things around in a heartbeat.

As for BBB articles, I hope she keeps them up, not only here but on a lot of boards.

I had no idea about the woman on death row incident. Just when you think you have heard it all.

Maybe all the ones leading Bush around by the nose secretly keep him doped up or something so he does not do or say anything like that again.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 06:33 pm
Some people are going to vote for Bush precisely because of the perception of him being unhinged and megalomaniacal. They think this image of him is good for the US in general.
0 Replies

Windtamer

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 01:37 am
McGentrix wrote:
Your under-estimation of Bush will be the left's failing come November.

You and people like you truly amaze me. What will it take for you to realize what a whack job GWB is? He's mocked a woman pleading for life on death row. And then there was the famous incident where he said, "Lucky me, I hit the trifecta" because the 9-11 attacks gave him the justification he wanted to raid the Social Security fund. How can you not be stunned at such things as this? Doesn't this behavior seem out of touch with reality to you?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 01:53 am
If McGentrix is to be convinced I hope it's because of Bush's policy blunders (of which there are legion) and not because of gaffes in his attempts at humor.
0 Replies

Windtamer

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 02:05 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
If McGentrix is to be convinced I hope it's because of Bush's policy blunders (of which there are legion) and not because of gaffes in his attempts at humor.

Yeah but you have to admit that Bush's humor is appalling. Mocking a woman who he has just sentenced to death is unacceptable and very un-presidential.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 02:08 am
Personally, I don't feel strongly about it Windtamer and I don't pay much attention to character arguments in politics as it's so subjective and because IMO, all can suffer character assasination and what's important to me is policy and decision.

Bush has plenty to attack on that front so I'm a but peeved by all the character assasination in political discussion.

Just my personal preference.
0 Replies