TASTELESS BUSH PLAYS THE CLOWN

Titus

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 09:28 am
Bush's tastelessness was on full display last night at the Radio and Television Correspondents' Association 60th annual dinner.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/03/25/bush.broadcasters.ap/index.html

Joking about his own hapless behavior is fine, but the jokes about not finding WMDs -- as 578 young Americans have needlessly died in Iraq, is beyond tacky.

I wonder if the parents, wives, and children of the fallen US soldiers are laughing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 844 • Replies: 13
No top replies

doglover

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 01:01 pm
Completely tasteless. I'm surprised he didn't throw in a couple 9/11 jokes while he was at it.
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 02:31 pm
Bush's lack of sensitivity to the families of not only 9/11, but the soldiers who have died in Iraq so that he can have oil and legacy, is stunning.

But, what more can be expected from a sociopath like Bush?
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 02:51 pm
"There was Bush looking under furniture in a fruitless, frustrating search. "Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere," he said."

Thats it. He is officially a major f*cking assh*le.

They should show that video to a soldier missing an arm or leg in a hospital somewhere. Maybe he'll find some humor in Bush's remarks.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 02:55 pm
You do realize it was just a picture of him looking under furniture, right? Someone added the commentary of him looking for WMD's. It's humor.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 03:09 pm
Bush and his "team'o'speechwriters" added the caption. Perhaps if you actually read the linked article you wouldn't appear as ignorant.

Quote:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush poked fun at his staff, his Democratic challenger and himself Wednesday night at a black-tie dinner where he hobnobbed with the news media.

Bush put on a slide show, calling it the "White House Election-Year Album" at the Radio and Television Correspondents' Association 60th annual dinner, showing himself and his staff in some decidedly unflattering poses.

And do us all a favour, change your avatar. You are definitely not Opus! Steve Dallas, perhaps, but not Opus!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 03:14 pm
Hobitbob, wake up on the wrong side of the dojo today?

You made my point for Heywood. A bit more abusive than I did or would have as I try to refrain from calling people ignorant, despite the evidence, but thanks for backing me up.

as for my new AV...nope. I like it.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 03:18 pm
So, you find the thought of death and killing amusing?
I'm curious, if you are so frogging gung-ho, why are you not in the military, eh? I understand that you are close to my age, and prior service, and therefore eligible still. Might it be that you are much happier watching things on TV where there is no danger?
And I am always happy to "back up" the evidence of your ignorance, though to be honest you have never really needed anyone's help.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 04:25 pm
McGentrix wrote:
You do realize it was just a picture of him looking under furniture, right? Someone added the commentary of him looking for WMD's. It's humor.

It's the inappropriate and disgusting comments attached to those photos that's so offensive McG. How those photos and comments must send chills down the spines of parents/spouses/children who have loved ones who have died and those who are fighting and working in Iraq.

You have a warped sense of humor, McG. I would be offended if you supported any other presidential candidate than GW Bush. You represent his supporters/voters to a tee. Thank goodness you people who are supporting Bush are in the minority in this country.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 05:14 pm
How wonderfully empathic of you to feel their pain. I lost a dear and close friend in the WTC so I can understand how people feel seeing these images. I know people who lost family members as well so again, thank you for being empathic of their feelings.

The comments are neither inappropriate nor disgusting, they are funny and meant to lighten the mood during a dinner. Devastating events like 9-11 do not mean America needs to be somber 24-7.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 05:19 pm
I must admit that I didn't think of the tackiness of it. I just thought for some odd reason Bush decided to do an add for the democratic party pointing out his own failures. Now I feel a little tacky myself.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 05:19 pm
McGentrix wrote:
How wonderfully empathic of you to feel their pain. I lost a dear and close friend in the WTC so I can understand how people feel seeing these images. I know people who lost family members as well so again, thank you for being empathic of their feelings.

And how do you reconcile this statement with:
Quote:
The comments are neither inappropriate nor disgusting, they are funny and meant to lighten the mood during a dinner.

?

It seems like you are saying since you have not had personal grief from the Iraq invasion that it is funny, and those who have should just shut up? It looks to the rest of us like you are a beligerent goober who likes the thought of violence and killing, as long as he is in no personal danger! Mad
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 05:21 pm
Yeah, and you're just a dick, Bob. So I guess that makes us even.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 05:23 pm
Yes, I have a penis.Thank you for noticing, but I prefer my men more manly, less unsure of themselves. Wink
0 Replies