The 2013 Mad Men Thread

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 01:16 pm
Is there any interest? Tonight after I close the restaurant I will be watching, with a rye Old Fashioned in hand.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,155 • Replies: 6
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2013 01:26 am
@hawkeye10,
wow, so my prospective might be skewed by the oysters Rockefeller or the old fashiones my little woman made for me tonight but this was top notch!
boomerang

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2013 05:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
I missed the first 10 minutes. Somehow my DVR forgot that I watch Mad Men.

Did it by any chance show Don finding that lighter?

Anyway -- I think that's how the whole show will end next season. Don will assume lighter guys identity and disappear in Hawaii.

I thought the whole two hours was weirdly disjointed but the first of each season usually leaves me a little baffled since they don't address the time that has passed.

Who was that girl living with Betty? Was that Henry's daughter or something?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2013 10:23 pm
@boomerang,
my understanding is that Don grabbed the wrong lighter by mistake in Hawaii and that the girl is Sally's friend.

I was pretty blitzed on Old Fashions though so maybe I am wrong.

The return of MM is always big for me because it is like the return of an old friend.....I think I would enjoy it even if the writing was weak. In the past when I thought a show bizarre or slow I would later decide that it had been done on purpose and I had not understood the complexity of the writing. i no longer judge shows definitively till I do a season marathon.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2013 10:39 pm
Be sure to tape the show. I watched it live and I think 50% of the time was devoted to commercials.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2013 10:57 pm
@Advocate,
92 minute run time/120 minute slot= 77% content
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2013 11:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Since scenes are going to get cut, why not just start out with a shorter script? It’s not a bad question. In television, where programs have to be delivered to the network at a precise running time (at ABC, it is 42 minutes, 20 seconds for a "one-hour" drama)

http://johnaugust.com/2003/script-length

at ABC this would have been 84 minutes of content so quit your sniveling.
0 Replies