Secret World of Tax Havens Just Got Less Secret

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 03:56 pm
The money in tax havens equals the economies of the USA and Japan combined. The deposits undermine law and order, and cause the ordinary person to pay more in taxes than he or she should. It is interesting that so many people were willing to elect Mitt Romney, who had his fortune in tax havens.

See: ttp://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/04/04/offshore_leaks_tax_haven_report_over_2_5_million_document_leak_reveals_details.html?wpisrc=newsletter_jcr:content
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,105 • Replies: 3
No top replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 06:42 pm
@Advocate,
I think the common voter just loves to be screwed. I cant come up with any other explanation for the fact that voters wont acknowledge the facts that are out there for any one who would care to look them up. Big money own the politicians and their votes which means that the common guy is going to support the government while Mitt and his ilk will take their money to tax havens untill the populace wakes up to the fact that they are being screwed and by whom.
Advocate

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 09:19 am
@RABEL222,
I've concluded that the majority of people are dupes of the corporations and super-rich individuals.

Consider that Romney almost was elected president despite the fact that most of his forture was hidden away in tax havens. (The vast majority of people using tax havens do it to criminally evade taxes.)

Also, few people recognize our dangerous plutocracy. The top 400 people relative to income own more of the wealth than does half our population. This stunts growth, makes the rest of the people pay more taxes, and focuses great power in the rich.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 01:00 pm
@RABEL222,
You wrote,
Quote:
I think the common voter just loves to be screwed

And they bend over backwards to get screwed. There's no rhyme nor reason for this strange phenomenon except that most Americans are stupid/ignorant, and hate themselves. What other reason can there be?
0 Replies