Mark Sanford wins GOP nod for congressional seat.

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 11:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Wow. All that for saying Sanford was thinking with his penis? Do you not think that was his motivation when he took the state plane to Argentina and lied about where he was. The sex drive in a male is responsible for many of our bad decisions. Maybe you think he was in love. I guess I have to change my avatar now that I am exposed. I must have hit a soft spot.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 12:02 am
@IRFRANK,
I may have misunderstood you, and if so I apologize.

I read your comment as a slur against the region of SC.

Not too far fetched an assumption considering the history of your comments in this forum.
IRFRANK

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 06:04 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Ive lived in this region for 25 years. I was talking about the region of his body that were controlling his thoughts. Thats not unique to SC. Apology accepted.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 02:25 pm
Sanford is now debating cardboard cutouts of Pelosi. I guess that is a step up from Eastwood's empty chair.
IRFRANK

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 04:39 pm
@engineer,
And he claimed that was because his opponent would not debate him. Except they are debating Monday night. I doubt the citizens of SC will be swayed by a debate.
engineer

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 06:31 pm
@IRFRANK,
Apparently he doesn't have anything to actually go against his opponent with. Everything I've seen from him including his full page apology in the Charleston newspaper talks about Pelosi instead of his opponent. Standing beside a cutout of Pelosi is so silly I've got to think a number of people see through that.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 06:43 pm
What do you all have against sleazeballs? These guys are politicians and neither of these gentleman did anything that should exclude them from future office.

The people who aren't sleazeballs (e.g. Jimmy Carter) make horrible political leaders.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 02:37 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
I've got to think a number of people see through that.

At the risk of Finn's wrath: You are over estimating the South Carolina electorate.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2013 11:19 pm
@IRFRANK,
Which is precisely why I wrote:

Quote:
I read your comment as a slur against the region of SC.

Not too far fetched an assumption considering the history of your comments in this forum.

0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 06:46 am
The congressional race is neck and neck. Sanford is making a mighty effort. When someone brings up his marital problems, including breaking into his ex's home, he offers the person his cell phone to call one of his sons.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 04:32 am
Article on BBC news' website about euphemisms, inspired by the Sandford case.

Quote:
Congressman Mark Sanford has returned to frontline politics after ensuring "hiking the Appalachian Trail" became a euphemism for infidelity. What other scandals have enriched the lexicon?

1. "Hiking the Appalachian Trail" When South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford disappeared for six days in 2009, his aides told reporters he had gone for a walking holiday along the US's most celebrated hiking route. In fact, it soon transpired Sanford had been with his Argentine mistress in Buenos Aires. The phrase quickly ignited the imaginations of the press corps. "I think we should start using 'hiking the Appalachian trail' for discussions of future political scandale, don't you?", suggested commentator Andrew Sullivan. The subsequent popularity of the phrase did not prevent Sanford winning election to the House of Representatives, where he is due to be sworn in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22470691
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 10:55 am
Sanford is now hiking the congressional trail. It pays a lot better than does Appalachian trial.
IRFRANK

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 11:13 am
@Advocate,
Quote:
It pays a lot better than does Appalachian trial.

His hike on the 'trail' cost him quite a bit. He'll soon be rolling in the dough again.
0 Replies