How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Leadfoot

Mon 16 May, 2016 10:45 am
@momoends,
Quote:
momo wrote:
who wrote that text? was it jesus? no it was´t! so please!! stop believing blindly everything wrote there!

I followed back to what I wrote in the message you replied to Here it is:
Quote:
How do you judge how realistic a future event is?

Or are you saying that what Jesus said about the dead living again is not reality?

Just exactly what words do you disagree with?

And just who the hell are you to tell me what to believe?
north

Sat 21 May, 2016 08:22 pm

Because None promote the survival of Humanity ; as more important than their philosophy.

We as Humans must always FOLLOW.

north

kency123

Sun 22 May, 2016 05:56 am
@north,
Quote:
Because None promote the survival of Humanity ; as more important than their philosophy.

There's nothing to say there's NOT a god out there putting his philosophy above our survival....but no one knows so let's just all be nice and hope for the best when we clock off. Most people would have been worshiping the wrong god anyway so we won't be lonely outside heaven.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 22 May, 2016 05:59 am
@north,
Uh-huh . . . and whom are we to follow? Other human beings who are trying to sell us some god bullsh*t most likely.
0 Replies

Hoo

Mon 23 May, 2016 05:52 pm
@reasoning logic,
'right', 'wrong' comes from religion..
reasoning logic

Mon 23 May, 2016 06:01 pm
@Hoo,
Quote:
'right', 'wrong' comes from religion..

Which religion?
0 Replies

momoends

Sat 28 May, 2016 11:22 pm
@Leadfoot,
i´m a lesbian that, as many others, have been said to be sinners who should repent and be condemmed if keep on living my life as one. I´ve been called pederast and perverted and many other nasty things, just cause haters believe i have to obey and believe in their god and church, who gives them the right of mistreating and disrespecting people like me... i´m a lesbian who had her rights shorcut by a church imposing its will to a goverment and a country´s whole population, making believe in their god compulsory and live by their rules the only opcion acceptable
Leadfoot

Sun 29 May, 2016 08:04 am
@momoends,

Quote:
i´m a lesbian that, as many others, have been said to be sinners who should repent and be condemmed if keep on living my life as one.
I didn't connect that with what you said before. As I have said to others who have cited various verses in the bible condemning gays, - It should surprise no one that there were prejudiced and bigoted people who wrote in biblical time as well as today. I think those writings were included in the bible to illustrate that fact. I don't take them as 'gospel' truth.

I can't speak for any religion (I don't belong to any) but for myself as a theist, I cannot find it within myself to condemn anyone for their sexual orientation. In the big picture, I don't think it's important. There are far more significant things we will be judged on.

momoends

Sun 29 May, 2016 08:38 am
@Leadfoot,
you asked who i was to tell you what you should believe or not?
i wanted you to know that some theist and religious organizations have done exactly that: demanding every goverment in this world to rule and legislate following their believes.
i didn´t mean you should stop believing in god, i meant to make you notice that a research confined on a few information sources that are not to be questioned is leading nowhere new.
i took you for one of those radicalists that directly answer a post by pasting a whole biblical passage
any way, why do you feel the need to investigate that much about dates and historic events, that are in my opinion mostly invented lectures?
Leadfoot

Sun 29 May, 2016 08:53 am
@momoends,
Quote:
i didn´t mean you should stop believing in god, i meant to make you notice that a research confined on a few information sources that are not to be questioned is leading nowhere new.
i took you for one of those radicalists that directly answer a post by pasting a whole biblical passage
I'm surprised you got that impression of me. I am always repelled by posts that are just a bible passage without some explanation of how it applies. I don't think I have ever done that.

But in a way, I am 'radical'. I accepted the fact that God's spirit could guide us into all truth about what he intended long before I ever read it in the bible. Just saying that makes your credibility in doubt to the vast majority of people. I admit that has made me feel like an outlier in society. Years ago, I thought maybe that's what it must feel like to be gay. Today's society is a lot more accepting of gays but not so much of people who believe they communicate with God in some way.
reasoning logic

Sun 29 May, 2016 09:41 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Today's society is a lot more accepting of gays but not so much of people who believe they communicate with God in some way.

There is some truth to this. I just wanted to say that I apologize to all people I have offended over the years not seeing the value that they hold close to their hearts. Being human we all have poor judgements at times. Embarrassed
momoends

Sun 29 May, 2016 10:15 am
@Leadfoot,
i cant accept and respect people who claims to talk to god as much as i accept a yoggi who sees the light after meditatinf several hours unless they insult me in the name of god or belittle my daily struggle as mundane concers or something like that Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 29 May, 2016 10:59 am
@Leadfoot,
Therein lies the problem with the bible. People pick and choose what they want to believe and follow.
The word of god becomes meaningless.
Other fictional stories have better moral lessons.
Leadfoot

Sun 29 May, 2016 02:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Therein lies the problem with the bible. People pick and choose what they want to believe and follow.

It's not a matter of picking or choosing. It's a matter of whether you can see a coherent story behind the whole thing.
Quote:
The word of god becomes meaningless.

Only until you find the meaning in it. But why criticize those who can, just because you have not?
Quote:
Other fictional stories have better moral lessons.

How would you know? By your own admission, you have not found the meaning in the bible's story.
cicerone imposter

Sun 29 May, 2016 04:54 pm
@Leadfoot,
Here's a good list of books on morals.
https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/moral
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 29 May, 2016 04:59 pm
@Leadfoot,
Explain these listed contradictions.
http://www.freethoughtdebater.org/2011/12/30/bible-errors-and-contradictions/
Leadfoot

Mon 30 May, 2016 05:42 am
@cicerone imposter,
Here's one for you:
www.go chase this meaningless link cause I'm too lazy to speak for myself.com
reasoning logic

Mon 30 May, 2016 06:30 am
@Leadfoot,
Trump's Brain Shows Viral Temporolimbical Disconnect?

A different point of view on religion and Trump.

Leadfoot

Mon 30 May, 2016 06:59 am
@reasoning logic,
Not sure which of his theories was the best.
We are all crazy apes or,
Our brains are infected.
reasoning logic

Mon 30 May, 2016 07:03 am
@Leadfoot,
I seem to agree that we are crazy apes. that seems to explain a lot of what is going on in this world.
0 Replies