How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Joe Nation

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 01:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
If you feel I was putting religion on a par with science, Joe, I doubt any explanation I give would be accepted, so I won't bother with further explanations.

Sure, that's a wonderful answer.

Dear Joe, You are too thick to get it, so I won't even try.
At least the others on this thread are having a conversation, albeit a weird one. Still, they are responding to each other.

Joe( But, nevermind. )Nation

Fil Albuquerque

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 01:49 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

But I must add that "evolution" is not about "growth" or "progress". As I understand it, it is mainly about adaptation and change. We should consult Farmerman on this.

Well yes, "growth" or "progress" towards a given model of adaptation who fits the background naturally...
0 Replies

imans

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 01:55 pm
@Joe Nation,
who is responding??? if u mean my interlocutors they are worse liars dirty cheapest ways in being
franck is not one of them, it is simply that he doesnt know if he must trust god for his own sake or not

speakin about everything life and sources joe cant make a conversation of any sort

there where who stay relative claimin not having a real clue is the right one since he says nothing about all then he didnt step on anythingeverything while being a conscious expression so somehow truly existing when only positive rights exist

and those who claim nothing or anything as positive knowledge are for sure the **** ones

ur claim was about sciences being over everything and this makes u right too, since u r being relative by pointin sciences knowledge and not u
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 04:33 pm
Does anyone understand this?
imans

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 05:13 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

and why would u need anyone to understand or even urself?? how could u dare step on my post suggesting a right to understand it while it was obviously addressed to joe only

it is my post so it belongs to me to defines its function and limited object first

while wat is first is the last as existing thing always, even that it is not to u moron
it is to me alone **** u n go roast in hell forever, the true sunny day is when noone of u would ever b around youpi soon
reasoning logic

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 05:49 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
I'm not taking enough drugs.

I think I understand what you mean but I think it comes naturally for some of us but I do agree if you have an interest in sharing like experiences you may have to find a new drug. Wink
reasoning logic

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 05:51 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:

Don't waste your time Spade ..do not even blame Imans he is a sick person, he needs serious medical help...just leave him be...

What have you diagnosed him with?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 05:54 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
Utopias are not good for evolution RL

Do you mean places like heaven?

Quote:
I am all for social justice social justice doesn't mean putting everybody in the same standard.

I think I agree

Quote:
.the overall spirit in the clip you've posted is well intended but naive...

Would you explain how it could have been presented in a way that you would have not found it naive?
reasoning logic

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 06:47 pm
@neologist,
Quote:

It is a little bit of a challenge but what is wrong with that? Do you think that someone who is completely incoherent would spend time in the same threads as you?
If so why?
neologist

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 06:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
I thought perhaps he possessed a higher level of reasoning
reasoning logic

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 06:58 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
I thought perhaps he possessed a higher level of reasoning

I like your reasoning. Wink

Maybe that is why you find him responding in the type of threads you respond.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 09:44 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
Utopias are not good for evolution RL

Do you mean places like heaven?

Quote:
I am all for social justice social justice doesn't mean putting everybody in the same standard.

I think I agree

Quote:
.the overall spirit in the clip you've posted is well intended but naive...

Would you explain how it could have been presented in a way that you would have not found it naive?

1 - Pick your favorite if you must...
2 - If you agree why did you post the first and the third questions RL ?
3 - In a less facile and dramatic way would have helped, but then it was lai'r du temps wasn't it ?...
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 10:04 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
The world is currently under the control of his adversary. Were this not true, he could not have tempted Jesus with their dominion.

An this is the question that came to my 10 years old brain in 1958 is how can an all powerful and all knowing god have an adversary?

How could a all knowing and all powerful god have as his chief agent a being that would rebel against him and take half the angels with him?

There is no logical way to explain any of the above therefore my 10 years old brain rejected all the Christian nonsense and frankly to this day can not see how any sane and rational person would not do the same.
Fil Albuquerque

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 10:19 pm
@BillRM,
But then again statistically any piece of literature has a great deal of nonsense as it has a great deal of useful teachings...the fact that this particular one is being so heavily focused just shows how unready we are to change it...change must come naturally, and clever change reconciles instead of dividing...

...extremism in religion is a symptom and not the true disease the world is suffering from...we are addressing the wrong problem because it is so more convenient to do so...in the 60's education was the adapted utopia for a better wiser more informed and balanced future, now the eradication of religion is a mild variation on the theme...mediocrity for lunch and mediocrity for dinner...have your go and take a piece !
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 10 Apr, 2013 02:51 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
The world is currently under the control of his adversary. Were this not true, he could not have tempted Jesus with their dominion.

An this is the question that came to my 10 years old brain in 1958 is how can an all powerful and all knowing god have an adversary?

How could a all knowing and all powerful god have as his chief agent a being that would rebel against him and take half the angels with him?

There is no logical way to explain any of the above therefore my 10 years old brain rejected all the Christian nonsense and frankly to this day can not see how any sane and rational person would not do the same.
You've heard of the concept of free will. God certainly knew of the possibility that some of his creatures could rebel. But what is free will without choice?
BillRM

Wed 10 Apr, 2013 07:02 am
@neologist,
Quote:
You've heard of the concept of free will. God certainly knew of the possibility that some of his creatures could rebel. But what is free will without choice?

Free will would not stop an all knowing and p9werful god from knowing what choices his creatures would make otherwise he is not all knowing and it would not interfere with him stopping one of his creatures/agents from challenging his rule in heaven or he would not be all powerful.

Free will does not mean that any creature/being could work against his wishes without his permission so the devil would need to in fact be his agent not his adversary.

You can not be an adversary to an all knowing and all powerful god unless he allowed it and if he allow it all you are in fact is one of his agents.
FBM

Wed 10 Apr, 2013 07:47 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
I'm not taking enough drugs.

I think I understand what you mean but I think it comes naturally for some of us but I do agree if you have an interest in sharing like experiences you may have to find a new drug. Wink

On the other hand, reading (or trying to) that exchange had about the same effect as a tab of acid...but didn't last as long.
igm

Wed 10 Apr, 2013 08:27 am
@FBM,
http://www.urdjuret.com/Optical/www.urdjuret.com_optical.illusion_movingstill23.jpg

Much safer.
FBM

Wed 10 Apr, 2013 08:37 am
@igm,
Yeah, at least it wasn't laced with anything (intelligible). Wink
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Wed 10 Apr, 2013 08:38 am
The "pilgrimage" idea (Portuguese expression) that the criteria for a religion being "wrong" or "right" as anything to do with a correct description of God is pathetic to say the least, as God is at best a rallying theme but certainly not the goal and service religion provides...rallying themes are motives not purposes !
On this light a "correct" description of God is the one that culturally reflects a modus operandi a modus vivendi of a given group of people and thus one that truly works as a rallying theme for another purpose which not being a transcendent God must be the world and its organization, what else...the importance of the motifs reflects the importance of the survival of a way of life, the cultural Cosmogony of a civilization which competes with other views to secure its place...the goal of religion at large, of course, is an entirely different matter, as providing the background support for the Law and the State, which otherwise would be reduced to powerless symbolic institutions, without this backbone of an ethical and moral code consensus in place, have very little to do with asserting the correct Ontology of the world through God...God is important because God above all represents Unity, the perfect structuring theme for organizing any Society.

PS - Modern militant outspoken atheism above all reflects the confusion between 2 sad facts, a gross ignorant misunderstanding and profound lack of intuition from modern Sciences regarding the role of religion in our world, and the eternal American North/South problem, the very same, that lead to the civil war, that keeps crippling education, that as made a mockery of the current bi-polar public political debate, killing democracy, and enfranchising unregulated corporations corrupt oligarchic power...the very same that lead to this economical global crisis...