How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Frank Apisa

Mon 8 Apr, 2013 02:12 pm
@Joe Nation,
If you feel I was putting religion on a par with science, Joe, I doubt any explanation I give would be accepted, so I won't bother with further explanations.

As I said, it appears science is attempting to come up with answers to questions that are extremely complex...and also as I said, religion tends to reject that approach. I also indicted that I think the refusal of religion to accept a more open-minded approach is inappropriate and, in my opinion, self-defeating.

But some of the "faith" atheists put in science is not substantially different from the kinds of "faith" theists put in religious nonsense...whether you see that or not.

Your earlier comment quoted below is an example of that kind of unreasonable faith:

Quote:
I am content to be 'too sure ' about the ability of Science to describe and explain the 4% percent of the Universe we know to be matter.

Fact is, we do NOT know if any of the universe is “matter”…and any “scientific” speculation about (what may easily be) a possible illusion…is a “belief” pig…no matter how much lipstick you put on it.

If my choice of 500 years seems contrived…choose a different number. Hell, the notion of galaxies is only 250 years old…and true speculation about the nature of them less than 100 years old. 100 years from now…250 years from now…humans may look on today’s “science” as primitive.

In any case, with whatever respect I can show for it, most atheistic pretence at open-mindedness and abhorrence of theistic close-mindedness…is, in my opinion, misdirected.

I stand by the comments I made to JL that started your disagreement.

Quote:

The entire idea of "existence" seems absurd to me. The more one thinks about it...the more absurd it gets.

The answer to the question: "What in hell is this all about?" is so unfathomable, that trying to make "the scientific approach" seem appreciably superior to any other approach...comes up short.

Mind you, I am like most non-theists in that I see the "superstitious" aspects of the religions currently (during the last 5000 years) working...as particularly absurd. But that does not mean that "science" gives me any relief from the absurdity.

Science is trying hard to get to some answers...and religion rejects (inappropriately, in my opinion) that approach. But science is so far away from answering Ultimate questions that it is not significantly different from the kinds of superstitious guesses being made by superstitious, frightened people wanting answers.

Yeah...this comment is poorly structured...and may seem fractured. But it gives at least a taste of my take on things. We really have no idea of what is going on here...and neither religion nor science is getting close at this time.

Those of us who count on and rely on science ought not to get too sure of ourselves...or too immersed in the superiority of our position.
reasoning logic

Mon 8 Apr, 2013 04:02 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
.its not about the "story" but rather about the common good...

I like this it seems humble. What are you referring to when you say the story?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Mon 8 Apr, 2013 05:20 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I myself like how some stories are told and I find that this one may have some credibility even by yourself but I do not know what your response to it would be so I have to ask.

It talks about St Luke chapter 17

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Mon 8 Apr, 2013 06:48 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
It talks about St Luke chapter 17

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

I know that you have asked Fil...but I will give you my opinions about that scripture reading...if you are interested...

= Everyone will understand exactly who they are...when they are also interested in understanding exactly why that is...

Everything that will ultimately happen for one, is because they freely chose for it to be that way for themselves...and no one else had...is...or will...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Mon 8 Apr, 2013 07:55 pm
@reasoning logic,
How much one wants to dip their hand into the jar is freely up to them...

Does one want to be free forever? Then they will see someone else not...

Does one want to suffer forever? Then they will see someone else will be free forever...

Does one want to be free and have everyone else suffer? (The Devil)

Then they will be free, but watch everyone else suffer...

Does one want everyone to be free and not suffer forever? (God)

Then they will be suffering forever so that they can see no one else will have too...

Does one think that no one has to suffer forever and everyone will be free?

Then one will be suffering forever so that no one ever has to suffer ever again...

Does one think that everyone suffers, and so do they?

Then they will never have to see one suffering, but they do not either...but will be...

Does one think that they suffer because they want to, but do not wish too...?

Then they will not suffer anymore, when they chose to cease it from happening and be free forever...

Does one think a God will save them from this? Then a Devil will keep them until they chose to change themselves...

The point is to let everything go...forever...and you will always be...forever...

I think when one wants to be perfect, fix their mistakes and be with God...

(Does one want everyone to be free and not suffer forever? (God)

Then they will be suffering forever so that they can see no one else will have too...)

They will deal with their own imperfections, Live off the evil they have self created...and others have...and be eternally happy forever...as one with God...forever...with no more pain for themselves or God...because they will conquer it all...and be happy and free forever...

Because once this mentality is achieved...No one has to suffer forever themselves and God can save us all...

I have not gotten any farther than that...because I think it can only be understood in the next life...but i keep searching...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Mon 8 Apr, 2013 08:43 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
The point is to let everything go...forever...and you will always be...forever...

I think when one wants to be perfect, fix their mistakes and be Godlike...

Then they will be suffering forever so that they can see no one else will have too...)

They can begin to work up the ladder...

They will deal with their own imperfections, Live off the evil they have self created...and others have...and be eternally happy forever...as one with God...forever...with no more pain for themselves or God...because they will conquer it all...and be happy and free forever...

Because once this mentality is achieved...No one has to suffer forever themselves and God can save us all...

I have not gotten any farther than the above...because I think it can only be understood in the next life...but I keep searching...

If I tried, I think I possibly could...

0 Replies

imans

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 12:55 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

How much one wants to dip their hand into the jar is freely up to them...

Does one want to be free forever? Then they will see someone else not...

Does one want to suffer forever? Then they will see someone else will be free forever...

Does one want to be free and have everyone else suffer? (The Devil)

Then they will be free, but watch everyone else suffer...

Does one want everyone to be free and not suffer forever? (God)

Then they will be suffering forever so that they can see no one else will have too...

Does one think that no one has to suffer forever and everyone will be free?

Then one will be suffering forever so that no one ever has to suffer ever again...

Does one think that everyone suffers, and so do they?

Then they will never have to see one suffering, but they do not either...but will be...

Does one think that they suffer because they want to, but do not wish too...?

Then they will not suffer anymore, when they chose to cease it from happening and be free forever...

Does one think a God will save them from this? Then a Devil will keep them until they chose to change themselves...

I think when one wants to be perfect, fix their mistakes and be with God...

I have not gotten any farther than that...because I think it can only be understood in the next life...but i keep searching...

one day smthg is gonna slap first god so hard before getting to all gods with hash beating up for having to hear what u say
how can u stay normal being while exhibitin the zaza u r
from where did u get ur mind, did they give it to u fresh meat everyday??

if u r forever by leting urself go zaza, how any freak graspin hard everything passin its time in lousiest details possibly to focus on forcing, is the living forever ways, u r such hypocrit evil that have no shame to invent anything that could put the real facts out of mention

existence is constant being which is the proof of truth being exclusively existing
then ur wills and individual means u put them in ur ass back not bc they cant b but bc they pissed up the truth rights when truth by definition is infinite superiority so no time for ur crap

n ur definition of god is pathetic, from where do u see god means to see everyone free and living forever ??? from the world or earth billnesium life the love of killing and eatin the fancy of freedom in flesh is the source of all livings, and from me or any true free mind reference, existing others cant b real since never a positive thing for ownself, only truth force it
XXSpadeMasterXX

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 03:04 am
@imans,
Quote:
one day smthg is gonna slap first god so hard before getting to all gods with hash beating up for having to hear what u say
how can u stay normal being while exhibitin the zaza u r
from where did u get ur mind, did they give it to u fresh meat everyday??

if u r forever by leting urself go zaza, how any freak graspin hard everything passin its time in lousiest details possibly to focus on forcing, is the living forever ways, u r such hypocrit evil that have no shame to invent anything that could put the real facts out of mention

existence is constant being which is the proof of truth being exclusively existing
then ur wills and individual means u put them in ur ass back not bc they cant b but bc they pissed up the truth rights when truth by definition is infinite superiority so no time for ur crap

n ur definition of god is pathetic, from where do u see god means to see everyone free and living forever ??? from the world or earth billnesium life the love of killing and eatin the fancy of freedom in flesh is the source of all livings, and from me or any true free mind reference, existing others cant b real since never a positive thing for ownself, only truth force it

If you think it is all about myself justifying what I want too, and think it is me justifying how everyone else must be wrong...

How can you freely claim what you do about me, and how others are incorrect?

If there is no...

(free individual will)

And if there is...

(nothing)

How are you able to distinguish that we are incorrect?

And how do know that you are correct? Where others have not been?

Do you think you are wrong, if we are also?

Do you think you are correct? And we are as well?

Or do you think that one must be and no one else can?

What do you think this one thing is?

(nothing)

Which includes you unless you freely think that something else must be...?

(God) (Doesn't matter what you subjectively think this force is)
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 03:25 am
@imans,

(nothing)

Which includes you unless you freely think that something else "can" be...?

What is this one thing that can be?

(God) (and it doesn't matter what you subjectively think this force is, or what I do, or what anyone else may)
imans

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 05:13 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

(nothing)

(God) (and it doesn't matter what you subjectively think this force is, or what I do, or what anyone else may)

how dare u mention nothing freak **** when there cant b more things especially where u stand
such evil **** that focus comfortably on bringing all to the least less and call it god **** u piece de merde

existence is true and all realities are only out of truth freedom, and soon u gonna eat urself alive alone confused with ur god the king of **** like u
who cares of ur shitty lies piece of dirt

what matter to me is how soon truth is gonna shut ur mouth forever from daring mentionning being conscious
u r a possessed animal edge from enjoyin possessions powers as the cause of ur free conscious stand
imans

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 05:31 am
@imans,
imans wrote:

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

(nothing)

how dare u mention nothing freak **** when there cant b more things especially where u stand
such evil **** that focus comfortably on bringing all to the least less and call it god just to enjoy seein others as being inferior **** there is no **** but u **** u piece de merde

existence is true and all realities are only out of truth freedom, and soon u gonna eat urself alive alone confused with ur god the king of **** like u
who cares of ur shitty lies piece of dirt

what matter to me is how soon truth is gonna shut ur mouth forever from daring mentionning being conscious
u r a possessed animal edge from enjoyin possessions powers ends as the cause of ur free conscious stand, u r gonna b forced to possess urself alone in ****
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 05:32 am
@imans,
Thank you for such kind words!

If you are saying that everything we do not agree upon is ultimately nothing...then I disagree...If you are saying that everything we agree or disagree upon is everything...then I agree...

What is nothing other than nothing? And how is it not everything? What is everything other than God? And how could it be nothing?

I do not follow the Tao Te Ching, or Taoism...but it seems as though you may...sorry to disappoint you...

Quote:
how dare u mention nothing freak ****

How dare I mention it? What could nothing actually do to me? Unless rejecting nothing means everything could do nothing? Or rejecting nothing means that everything could not do nothing but everything it wanted to me?

Quote:
and soon u gonna eat urself alive alone confused with ur god the king of **** like u

How could this happen if there is nothing? How could this not happen unless there is everything?

It is not my fault if you think I throw off the natural balances, just because I refuse to pretend I do not make a choice, and know why I do...even if I am not positive it is certain...

And it is not my fault if you try to blame others for throwing off your own balances, if you chose to participate...

If you do not like us, or do not want to be here, then go away...
FBM

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 06:35 am
I'm not taking enough drugs.
Fil Albuquerque

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 08:03 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Don't waste your time Spade ..do not even blame Imans he is a sick person, he needs serious medical help...just leave him be...
Fil Albuquerque

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 08:08 am
@reasoning logic,
Utopias are not good for evolution RL...while I am all for social justice social justice doesn't mean putting everybody in the same standard...the overall spirit in the clip you've posted is well intended but naive...
JLNobody

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 09:47 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Agreed. Challenge is needed for growth. Utopia is the end of growth...perhaps.
imans

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 11:54 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Thank you for such kind words!

If you are saying that everything we do not agree upon is ultimately nothing...then I disagree...If you are saying that everything we agree or disagree upon is everything...then I agree...

What is nothing other than nothing? And how is it not everything? What is everything other than God? And how could it be nothing?

I do not follow the Tao Te Ching, or Taoism...but it seems as though you may...sorry to disappoint you...

Quote:
how dare u mention nothing freak ****

How dare I mention it? What could nothing actually do to me? Unless rejecting nothing means everything could do nothing? Or rejecting nothing means that everything could not do nothing but everything it wanted to me?

Quote:
and soon u gonna eat urself alive alone confused with ur god the king of **** like u

How could this happen if there is nothing? How could this not happen unless there is everything?

It is not my fault if you think I throw off the natural balances, just because I refuse to pretend I do not make a choice, and know why I do...even if I am not positive it is certain...

And it is not my fault if you try to blame others for throwing off your own balances, if you chose to participate...

If you do not like us, or do not want to be here, then go away...

**** u piece of dirty **** pretender, this forum or any other forum belong to the net and never to u nor anyone else, i deal with things on my term piece of **** not on urs, u dont exist to me and what i say i would always repeat it when u would dare mean opening ur mouth loud, all existence is to truth only and anyone startin from ur gods are to **** upon till ur death of any existence forms become eternal fact

and put ur logics in ur ass, logics hate u at the first place then ur pretense of guessin what others would do put it in ur ass full of **** confusions being ur head, piece of **** liar that dont mean but **** powers to decorate by words for absolute possessions, u r going to hell shitty sooner then me and ur hell much worse then mine, **** u from darin enjoyin ur days of **** glory over me, im just someone from a long time free so nothing to anything while u are confused with all the **** that is gonna burn altogether eatin eachothers alive

existence is to truth freedom shitty way above all ur shitty god and all gods
0 Replies

imans

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 12:04 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Don't waste your time Spade ..do not even blame Imans he is a sick person, he needs serious medical help...just leave him be...

sick pervert head urself piece of dirty freak enjoyin playin with the net to pretend being someone, u r the one fucked shitty and there wont b any medication for that, **** are meant to b fucked piece of **** urself
u gonna pay ur dirty means exhibitin ur ugly face ready to enjoy evil life by abusin miserable living right
**** u piece of dirty fil forever u gonna pay exponentially what u think gettin from leavin me to b, and im a she fuckin **** liar not a he for ur cheap market powers in thinkin that u can force the nonexistence of someone while inventin the cheapest figure that suit the dirty business u live by sellin, as if u r ever able to do anything piece of **** dirty face of satanic force

u r the him that is gonna get down while reality will keep on shittin on ur head till ur mouth full of **** will eat u alive
0 Replies

JLNobody

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 12:07 pm
@JLNobody,
But I must add that "evolution" is not about "growth" or "progress". As I understand it, it is mainly about adaptation and change. We should consult Farmerman on this.
imans

Tue 9 Apr, 2013 01:25 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

like inventin a figure of me in needs would make the face u sell about ur dirty abuse being a helper, when it is known that im the most really individual that is never in need by being always easy being, when it is exactly ur need to figure me way below ur ass for all the dirt u mean gettin from possessin all what u might invent seeing of me by cheapest violations makin ur powers pride, piece of ****, ur conception of powers being the asset forever to lean on repetitively u gonna watch it having fun with u

such cheap dirty rat face, taht is all what is left of such inferior standard of means that dont even need less then second to b done, but ur **** loud head insolent noise is all the unbearable constance that soon gonna burn forever

u r gonna pay a lot, mercy is also like everything else the lie

which is obvious since ur god is clearly seen no mercy only his truth, and when he is the inventor of mercy theory to buy bodies service for evil powerful life rules, it says the truth of mercy being simply the comparaison with satan by thinkin being another less worse to poor living bodies, when it means being the whole truth over whole misery forced right abused

anyway truth freedom sense is clear there is nothing to do from the beggining but to **** on u so rights will b the positive source
0 Replies