How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

JLNobody

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 06:29 pm
@Glennn,
I consider the only religions to be wrong are those that make dogmatic proposals about the physical universe that explicitly challenge those arrived at by means of the scientific method*. All the rest are man-made fantasies which are no more "wrong" than are the contructions of mythology and fictional literature.

*and, of course, virtually all scientific laws are explicitly provisional, which is why Science is progressive in contrast to "Religion" which is usually and intentionally statically doctrinaire. That is it's major "fault", it's rigid resistance to growth. Generally religion lacks evolutionary potential while that is what Science is all about.
Glennn

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 06:59 pm
@JLNobody,
As I age, both religion and government begin to appear more and more like exercises in crowd control.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 01:42 pm
All religions are second hand, that is when a religious experience is communicated, it is done through metaphors, symbols, images, and stories. These are what constitute a myth. Religions are composed of myths, and they are always misunderstood in themselves; they are merely pointers toward the subjective experience.

Religions must be subjective and internal; when they try to become objective they get into trouble. So when you have a virgin birth, for example, this refers to a psychological experience outside the purely rational. The human leap from the 3rd--solar plexus chakra to the heart chakra is the first truly human experience and this is symbolized as a virgin birth--there is nothing physical involved. So when you get fundamentalists claiming that the virgin birth can only be interpreted physically and biologically, then it conflicts with science and everything that erudite civilization stands for, and it contaminates both the religion and the science.

This is what is happening in the middle east now with Isis and the Taliban, what happened during the Christian middle ages and in the mind of contemporary fundamentalists in this country.
JLNobody

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 10:36 pm
@coluber2001,
Excellent, Coluber. Great to see you in action again. I agree that religion is religious experience, the realm of the heart and extrarational mind.
0 Replies

justforme23

Thu 6 Nov, 2014 04:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
All religions are wrong because they are all based on study.
By studying one determines for themselves how to find God.
These are deceived listening to their own minds.
God is within and to find Him one must go within.
That simple.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Thu 6 Nov, 2014 05:02 pm
Oh, that's simple.

When you choose a religion over REALigion, a.k.a the physical realm you were born into that exists outside of your egotistically reigned imagination, you already failed your experience as a human being.

Man, you actually thought that children making up bullshit was that difficult to excoriate? The only reason why people aren't dealing with these children is because their practices are 1. rooted into a political organization that uses religion to control the mass and 2, their practices are historically rooted to heinous acts, 3. they get mighty defensive and self-righteous about their beliefs which is a recipe for disaster because you never want to pit a coward in reality against a coward in fantasy.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 06:10 pm
@coluber2001,
You do seem to be very informed like many people here. I would like to share a video with you where a man talks about the history of conspiracies that he is not sure of but he does seem to have good questioning about them.

One Eyed Mind

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 06:12 pm
@reasoning logic,
Here's a spoonerism for you.

Anty Dhomas
reasoning logic

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 06:23 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Did you deliberately misspell his name?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 06:24 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
OK, I see you did Why?
One Eyed Mind

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 06:29 pm
@reasoning logic,
Let me spell it out for you.

The guy's new name is "Auntie Dumb Ass".

reasoning logic

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:01 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Do you think he will be the next conspiracy theory?
One Eyed Mind

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:03 pm
@reasoning logic,
The only thing people are conspiring against,

is intelligence - change - evolution - becoming more than an eat, ****, ****, sleep machine.
reasoning logic

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:05 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
What do you think about Psychopathy?
One Eyed Mind

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
I think psychopathy is best captured in a day of sitting in a class room. The teacher is jealous of a student's talent at drawing picture; gets up and trashes it. Instead of the children ganging up on the teacher, they gang up on the talented artist because they too are jealous tools who won't amount to anything in life.

That's psychopathy in a nutshell.
neologist

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
Welcome back, RL. So much effluent flowing through the sump lately. It's hard to relate.
But.
Carry on. Laughing
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:17 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
I think psychopathy is best captured in a day of sitting in a class room. The teacher is jealous of a student's talent at drawing picture; gets up and trashes it. Instead of the children ganging up on the teacher, they gang up on the talented artist because they too are jealous tools who won't amount to anything in life.

That's psychopathy in a nutshell.

Is this your way of suggesting that you are artistic in a nutshell?
One Eyed Mind

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:26 pm
@reasoning logic,
I live to fight for the 1% artists, not the 99% conformists.
reasoning logic

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:31 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
I appreciate your honesty? But what if you are more wrong in your understanding of reality than me?
One Eyed Mind

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
Humans have been wrong for 400,000 years.

I am doing everything humans aren't doing.

I am doing everything wise men are doing.

Don't tell me I am wrong when I have this whole Universe mathematically reverse-engineered.