How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

reasoning logic

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:43 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
I am doing everything humans aren't doing.

I am doing everything wise men are doing.

Are you suggesting that wise men are not human?
One Eyed Mind

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:47 pm
@reasoning logic,
Yes.

Wise men transcended from humanity to reach universality.

You have no clue how people treat individuals that are more intelligent than they are.
Smileyrius

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:48 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
I am sorry to hear that the other kids don't get on so well with you, it must be hard.
One Eyed Mind

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:51 pm
@Smileyrius,
Sorry for what?

I don't think you understand what "I am sorry to hear" denotes when you read the words with colloquial expertise. It's the same nonsense behind "I could care less".
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:55 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
I think psychopathy is best captured in a day of sitting in a class room. The teacher is jealous of a student's talent at drawing picture; gets up and trashes it. Instead of the children ganging up on the teacher, they gang up on the talented artist because they too are jealous tools who won't amount to anything in life.

That's psychopathy in a nutshell.

Is this your way of suggesting that you are artistic in a nutshell?

Hey, RL.

This guy is what is inside the nut shell!

You ain't seen nothin' yet!
One Eyed Mind

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Mocking me is the sincerest form of flattery.

Already having the envy towards my mathematical reverse-engineering ability running through your veins?

I am sure deep down you wish you could create formulas as meticulous and incredible as mine - too bad you dedicated your entire life to killing off people's sand castles.
reasoning logic

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 08:00 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
You have no clue how people treat individuals that are more intelligent than they are.

You seem to understand this quite well. My understanding of this is that someone like you could be my mother or father and have a personality disorder that would help me to understand that they mean no harm, as a tiger means no harm but still a tiger is a tiger is he not he?
Frank Apisa

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 08:17 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

Mocking me is the sincerest form of flattery.

Already having the envy towards my mathematical reverse-engineering ability running through your veins?

I am sure deep down you wish you could create formulas as meticulous and incredible as mine - too bad you dedicated your entire life to killing off people's sand castles.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2014-09-08-401kfeedisclosure.jpg
One Eyed Mind

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 08:18 pm
@reasoning logic,
Here's my understanding of this.

Intelligence is the good guy.

Ignorance is the bad guy.

All issues that exist today, previously existed or may one day exist are the result of ignorance.

This world would be a better place if people learned self-humility instead of trying to cheat the system by telling intelligent people to have self-humility towards their ignorance - that's not how it works.

There is no possible way to tell someone they're wrong without making them inferior to yourself in comparison. Intelligent people know this well, as do I, and we do our best to let people know that we mean well.

I await the day we can look back at this 400,000 years of failures from self-entitled brats always teaming against that one guy who knows more than all of them combined. So that we can say, "there was a time when intelligent people were enslaved by the ignorant - the history books had not a single moment that captured a time when the people defended intelligence, instead they opted for war, riot and hate. Today, we stand now to reflect on how far we've come as a community, to finally understand that the world was lost before us for we knew deep down that we, ourselves, were born into a society that hadn't given us a reason to be our best. All it took was for us to stop playing god, to stop playing make-believe, to stop blaming people and work together with intelligence manning the project of our coming future. It was only then we revived the structure of what makes us who we are as people, differentiating ourselves from those who wanted to continue running in circles, expecting different results as a true form of insanity - but, we the people - the great, came together to end the vicious cycle once and for all. All it took from us, was everything that took away from us at a constant. We are free from those ephemeral chains - now we can create, build and expand this world with our passion, our love, our reverence for all that encompasses our human experience for the first time in 400,000 years!".
One Eyed Mind

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 08:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'm glad I could show people how little you have to say.

You reduced yourself to pictures!
Frank Apisa

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 08:21 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

I'm glad I could show people how little you have to say.

You reduced yourself to pictures!

http://www.joytime.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/know-it-all.gif
One Eyed Mind

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 08:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You act like knowing more than someone is a crime.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 10:39 pm
It's a matter of faith: virtually all religions are "sure" that all religions are wrong but their's.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Sat 8 Nov, 2014 08:56 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:

First, I'm not "following you", it just happen that I have read another of your messages while surfing forums in this place.

Second, the logic you are applied is not in accord with reality.

Millions of ignorant people are good people. Even more, the majority of them are not only good but happy because their ignorance. I have visited farmers in various countries and I have observed this fact.
neologist

Sat 8 Nov, 2014 09:50 am
@carloslebaron,
OEM wrote:

carloslebaron wrote:
First, I'm not "following you", it just happen that I have read another of your messages while surfing forums in this place.

Second, the logic you are applied is not in accord with reality.

Millions of ignorant people are good people. Even more, the majority of them are not only good but happy because their ignorance. I have visited farmers in various countries and I have observed this fact.
You've noticed that farmers are ignorant. How perceptive of you. We should do more to educate them. Perhaps establishing university courses and degrees in such things as animal husbandry, soil management, and the like.

You could teach.
Frank Apisa

Sat 8 Nov, 2014 09:58 am
@neologist,
Actually I agreed with Carlos...until he got to that "farmer" bit.

Lots of not especially intelligent people are fine people...more trustworthy and moral (in my opinion) than some of the intelligent people around. (Certainly better people than some of the folk touting themselves as geniuses here in A2K.)

But the idea of using farmers as exemplars of ignorant was unwarranted.
neologist

Sat 8 Nov, 2014 12:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Well, I agreed with him also, to a point. But I believe it condescending to view some as happy in their ignorance, as if we have some noblesse oblige.

We could keep them happy with low prices on French fries.

Well, beer, maybe......
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Sat 8 Nov, 2014 01:09 pm
@carloslebaron,
It's in accord with history, therefore that's as close to reality as you'll get.

Name one event in the entire 400,000 years of mankind when people worked together with a genius that spoke the truth, instead of a tyrant that said what they wanted to hear.

Last time I checked, the only event that borderlines my question is Martin Luther King - however, racism was a physical poison rooted into the community; people could SEE it happening with their EYES. I'm asking people to tell me when people trusted a genius who saw a future that no one else could see, which associated itself with the one and only reality outside of our fantasies.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Sun 9 Nov, 2014 10:48 pm
I read recently that if we killed Jesus twenty years ago, christians would be wearing necklaces with small images of electric chairs on them.
Fil Albuquerque

Mon 10 Nov, 2014 12:54 pm
@JLNobody,
...but the question is, would the electric chair float in the necklace image ?
0 Replies