How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Wilso

Wed 5 Feb, 2014 06:59 am
'You may purchase male or female slaves...You may also purchase the children of such' persons. Leviticus 25:44-46
0 Replies

Wilso

Wed 5 Feb, 2014 08:30 pm
http://mobile.rawstory.com/therawstory/#!/entry/archaeologists-carbondated-camel-bones-contradict-biblical-accounts,52f2ed6b025312186cca0f54<br />
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Wed 5 Feb, 2014 10:04 pm
Quote:
Wilso said: 'You may purchase male or female slaves...You may also purchase the children of such' persons. Leviticus 25:44-46

"He that steals a man and sells him, or if he be found in his hands, he shall surely be put to death " (Exod. 21:16; Deut. 24:7)
anonymously99stwin

Wed 5 Feb, 2014 11:38 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo must want to kill someone. Wink
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 06:49 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Wilso said: 'You may purchase male or female slaves...You may also purchase the children of such' persons. Leviticus 25:44-46

"He that steals a man and sells him, or if he be found in his hands, he shall surely be put to death " (Exod. 21:16; Deut. 24:7)

Romeo's god...the original capitalist.

You can buy and sell slaves...but you cannot steal them.
anonymously99

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 06:58 am
@Frank Apisa,
I gone and done it.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 02:56 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Romeo's god...the original capitalist.
You can buy and sell slaves...but you cannot steal them

You fire-and-brimstone fundies are obsessed with the harshness of the Old T!
Here's the NEW T update-
"We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers.. for murderers,for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers-" (1 Tim 1:9)

Mind you, slavery still goes on, for example this poor chap has been enslaved and is under the control of a brutal domineering mistress, lucky guy..
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/dominatrix-slave_zpse1f2be63.jpg~original
Frank Apisa

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 03:03 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
So...you want to use the words of Paul...you want to offer Paul's views on slavery.

Okay...here are two:

"Slaves are to be submissive to their masters. They should try to please them in every way, not contradicting them nor stealing from them, but expressing a constant fidelity by their conduct, so as to adorn in every way possible the doctrine of God our Savior. " Titus 2:9

"The general rule is that each one should lead the life the Lord has assigned him, continuing as he was when the Lord called him...Were you a slave when your call came? Give it no thought. Even supposing you could go free, you would be better off making the most of your slavery...." 1 Corinthians 7:17ff

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 03:14 pm
Slavery was such a deeply-rooted thing in ancient times that the best Paul could do was to advise people how to put up with it and get along with the Romans rather than have them brutally crush slave revolts and Christianity.
Anyway the word 'slave' can also mean 'servant' or 'bondsman', it had different meanings at different times and different countries.
For example today people are slaves to the alarm clock, it kicks them out of bed on cold mornings and makes them leave their homes and families for the rest of the day..Smile

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/slavery_bible.html
Frank Apisa

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 03:27 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Slavery was such a deeply-rooted thing in ancient times that the best Paul could do was to advise people how to put up with it and get along with the Romans rather than have them brutally crush slave revolts and Christianity.

Ahhh...so YOU are suggesting that Paul considered the ends as justifying the means! "If you might get in trouble or come to harm.... it is okay to do evil!"

C'mon.

Do you think the fact that the god Jesus worshiped said there was absolutely nothing whatever wrong with buying, selling, and owning slaves...

....might have influenced him also, Romeo?

Quote:
Anyway the word 'slave' can also mean 'servant' or 'bondsman', it had different meanings at different times and different countries.

Uh huh. But we are talking about the kind of slave that could be bought, sold, and traded...and considered chattels and bequeathed to sons at death...and kept as slaves 'til death.

Let's stick with that "meaning"...okay?

Quote:
For example today people are slaves to the alarm clock, it kicks them out of bed on cold mornings and makes them leave their homes and families for the rest of the day..Smile

Romeo...does your god require that you get that desperate?

Romeo Fabulini

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 06:36 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Do you think the fact that the god Jesus worshiped said there was absolutely nothing whatever wrong with buying, selling, and owning slaves...

You'll have to ask him when you meet him mate.
Meanwhile try to look at it outside the box, God was doing everything to protect Israel in readiness for the coming of Jesus, so if naughty heathens were hassling Israel he had to kick their butts and wipe them out or enslave them, they asked for it and they got it, he's not a wishy-washy pinko social worker..Smile
reasoning logic

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 06:46 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:

Are you certain that this meeting will take place or is something you made up? Maybe someone else told you and you believed them without any evidence?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 07:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I found it rather odd when I heard Richard Dawkins comparing you to atheist.

Romeo Fabulini

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 07:07 pm
Quote:
Romeo advised FA: You'll have to ask [Jesus] when you meet him mate.
ReasoningLogic asked: Are you certain that this meeting will take place or is something you made up? Maybe someone else told you and you believed them without any evidence?

EVERYBODY including atheists and nonchristians gets a wakeup call on judgement day-
Jesus said:- "All in the graves shall come out, to resurrection or damnation" (John 5:28/29)

BOINNGG!!
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ack-in-the-boxB.gif~original

and had better have their excuses ready..Wink
Jesus said:- "Pray..that you will be able to stand before the Son of Man" (Luke 21:36)
reasoning logic

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 07:23 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Let me guess, You believe this to be true, Why?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 07:32 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
If you like amazing grace you will love this.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 07:43 pm
Quote:
Jesus said:- "All in the graves shall come out, to resurrection or damnation" (John 5:28/29)
ReasoningLogic asked: Let me guess, You believe this to be true, Why?
If you like amazing grace you will love this.

Why would Jesus lie?
Technically he was earth's FIRST CONTACT with an extra-terrestrial like he said-
"I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going....
you are of this world, I am not of this world...
I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" (John 8:14/ 8:23, Matt 13:35)

So isn't it just plain un-scientific not to listen to him?
reasoning logic

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 07:56 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Why would Jesus lie?

I am not sure. Could it be for the same reason you or anyone else would lie?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 7 Feb, 2014 07:01 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Do you think the fact that the god Jesus worshiped said there was absolutely nothing whatever wrong with buying, selling, and owning slaves...

Meanwhile try to look at it outside the box, God was doing everything to protect Israel in readiness for the coming of Jesus, so if naughty heathens were hassling Israel he had to kick their butts and wipe them out or enslave them, they asked for it and they got it, he's not a wishy-washy pinko social worker..Smile

Nope...he was not a wishy-washy pinko social worker. The god was a almost amusingly tyrannical, pathetically jealous, absurdly demanding, vengeful, wrathful, quick-to-anger, slow to forgive, murderous, petty little despot. Maybe that is why people like you are so frightened of him that you actually defend this monster.

Thank you for asking. Wink
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 7 Feb, 2014 07:03 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I found it rather odd when I heard Richard Dawkins comparing you to atheist.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2hZQZ4GwFw&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLqTus5d1q59T0VpjjDrhEeJJw36iFLVex[/youtube]

Sorry, RL...I still do not view youtube videos posting in the forum. There are way too many posted. I'd love to know what you are talking about, but the only way I will find out is if you tell me.
0 Replies