How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Setanta

Wed 8 May, 2013 04:39 pm
@neologist,
Because we don't agree with RL, so, obviously, we are sociopaths.
Setanta

Wed 8 May, 2013 04:39 pm
Oh, wait . . . he was talking about someone whose screen name is Sentanta . . . whoever that is.
reasoning logic

Wed 8 May, 2013 04:40 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
I think he was referring to Fresco. But why would you suggest either Setanta or Fresco might suffer from some personality disorder?

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Shocked

My bad it is not very often that I see fresco behaving like setanta. Drunk
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 8 May, 2013 04:44 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Oh, wait . . . he was talking about someone whose screen name is Sentanta . . . whoever that is.
OMG, I hadn't noticed. Sorry if I have maligned you, Set.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Wed 8 May, 2013 04:49 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Because we don't agree with RL, so, obviously, we are sociopaths.

No sociopathy does not rely on me for being antisocial nor does narcissism.

Setanta

Wed 8 May, 2013 04:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
So where did you study psychiatry, Bubba . . . Youtube? . . . with your asshole buddy Dusty?
reasoning logic

Wed 8 May, 2013 05:19 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
So where did you study psychiatry, Bubba . . . Youtube? . . . with your asshole buddy Dusty?

My studies of psychology have come from many people around the world including you.
Setanta

Wed 8 May, 2013 05:29 pm
@reasoning logic,
Here's a little something in Scots from which you might profit, although i doubt it:

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion . . .

You were ranting elsewhere about Fresco, and possibly about me, and you mentioned antisocial and narcisstic. You're the antisocial one here, you're the narcissist. You don't go into the humor threads. You don't go into the drop-in threads where people greet one another and chat. You don't go into any thread where science, or history, or philosophy or any other discipline of thought are debated. You just sit in your little sand box, making up your idiot threads and then attempting (unsuccessfully) to shoehorn people into discussing topics on your terms. You're a sad case, Bubba. You and your buddy Dusty. You're a profoundly ignorant man. Fortunately, that's an eminently curable condition. Unfortunately, i've never seen you show the slightest inclination to embark upon the cure.
reasoning logic

Wed 8 May, 2013 05:35 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
You're the antisocial one here, you're the narcissist. You don't go into the humor threads. You don't go into the drop-in threads where people greet one another and chat. You don't go into any thread where science, or history, or philosophy or any other discipline of thought are debated. You just sit in your little sand box, making up your idiot threads and then attempting (unsuccessfully) to shoehorn people into discussing topics on your terms. You're a sad case, Bubba.

OK so you are suggesting that I am either one or I at least have the ability to know what one looks like but could you tell me how this is any different than one knowing what one would look like, if it does take one to know one that is?
Setanta

Wed 8 May, 2013 05:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
If you can frame a reasonable question in English, get in touch.
reasoning logic

Wed 8 May, 2013 05:48 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:

Why would I need to do such a thing when there are many others, "other-than yourself who have the logical ability to understand what someone means even though they are incoherent at times?
Setanta

Wed 8 May, 2013 06:00 pm
@reasoning logic,
I can't think of any reason why you would want to converse with me, and yet you do. Probably that's an effect of being illogical and unreasonable.
reasoning logic

Wed 8 May, 2013 06:07 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
I can't think of any reason why you would want to converse with me, and yet you do. Probably that's an effect of being illogical and unreasonable.

No, that is probably because I find you to be intellectual. I am not sure if you notice but I do not go anywhere you post other than the places I post but that may change soon because I do find you interesting.

Would you kindly explain why I find you in the many threads that I have started if you are not following me around? I hope you are not one of those stalkers. Just kidding at least I hope not. Idea
Setanta

Wed 8 May, 2013 06:12 pm
No, i don't follow you around--you're just not that interesting. Occasionally i drop into one of your idiot threads, largely to read what other people post. Sometimes i indulge this seeming masochistic urge to be told just what an idiot you are. I hope you appreciate the trouble i go to for that. But i've had enough of your vacuous chatter for today.

Bye
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 8 May, 2013 06:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Why would I need to do such a thing when there are many others, "other-than yourself who have the logical ability to understand what someone means even though they are incoherent at times?
I'm the only one who has that ability. But, I'm afraid you've lost me. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 8 May, 2013 07:26 pm
@Setanta,
Actually, RL has a very peculiar definition of sociopath. I don't profess to understand it, but since he uses it to describe himself, the chances are if you disagree with him, he would not consider you a sociopath.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Wed 8 May, 2013 07:54 pm
@reasoning logic,
Reasoning Logic, you are alright. You learn from us and we learn from you. Please do not let the playground bullies get to you.
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 8 May, 2013 09:02 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
If the Bible teaches that there's no heaven or hell and that we cease to exist when this body falls apart, how did the afterlife of the soul, heaven and hell become such fundamental elements of Christian apologetics?
Sorry I missed this. Perhaps a reason for a new thread. The short answer, if you believe the bible. God told Adam and Eve they would die. The serpent told them they would not die.

But they died. Explanation. You're not really dead - a part of you lives on . . . .
FBM

Wed 8 May, 2013 09:55 pm
@neologist,
Nobody can ever seem to locate that part, tho. Wink
0 Replies

fresco

Thu 9 May, 2013 12:10 am
@neologist,
I take responsibility for attempting to conjoin this thread with an earler one about the apparent inability for Islamic apologists to debate coherently. Poor English certainly does not help their cause, but worse for them is their naivity regarding the word "truth". Their social conditioning involves the acceptance of the "absolute truth" of the Koran, which over-rides the necessity to take "social truth" or "logical truth" seriously. The fact that all religions tend to be tribal and socially aggressive with dissenters seems to escape them, together with the acceptence that Islam is the current leader for breeding aggressive sociopaths.