How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

neologist

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 10:17 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Quote:
(John 13:35) . . .By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.”

It does seem to be a good place to start but people have so many different ideas about what it means to love and be loved.
The word translated 'love' in this text is agape, or principled love.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 02:25 pm
@JLNobody,
Do you?
Frank Apisa

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 03:06 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
Bertrand Russell was correct in one sense when he averred the myriad of competing ideas among the world's religions makes it obvious only one of them could be correct.

Do you think that it is truly possible for one religion to be correct? If so which one do you think it is?

I wonder, RL...do you think it is IMPOSSIBLE for one religion to be correct?

By the way...I disagree with Russell.

JLNobody

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 11:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I do when there is no turd-stirring.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 2 May, 2013 10:16 am
@JLNobody,
I have no idea at all what that is supposed to mean.
JLNobody

Thu 2 May, 2013 10:50 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You didn't read Setanta's post of April 26?
mark noble

Fri 3 May, 2013 05:48 am
"WE"?

Fuckoff OP! My religion (Way of life) promotes my existence - So HOW can it be wrong, when it fuckin works?

You american?
Smile
reasoning logic

Fri 3 May, 2013 07:54 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
"WE"?

Fuckoff OP! My religion (Way of life) promotes my existence - So HOW can it be wrong, when it fuckin works?

You american?

Did you change your religion over the past few years? The below is your quote from 2010

Quote:
I know Mark Gamson, personally, and there is no greater Christian/man on this earth. He is as a brother to me - If anyone can evolve the true nature of Christ? it is he. The place for the commandements is in him, and as long as he lives, they will have a home on earth.

Journey well, fellow thinkers.

Mark...

Are you referring to the ten commandments and if so which ten?
mark noble

Fri 3 May, 2013 08:17 am
@reasoning logic,
Change 'What' religion?

That quote is relative to another's belief - not mine.
I also have muslim, jewish, gnostic, atheist and none of the above who are close friends of mine.
And those who pursue 'their' particular faiths/beliefs will also aspire to such.
What is your point?

Dig deeper and you will understand more..... I guess!Smile
reasoning logic

Fri 3 May, 2013 08:23 am
@mark noble,
I was mainly trying to bring up a different point because I took it as if you may have been a Christian.

That is why I asked

Quote:
Are you referring to the ten commandments and if so which ten?

I find it odd that Christians have a different ten commandments than what the bible calls the ten commandments and was curious to what you had to say about the matter.
0 Replies

mark noble

Fri 3 May, 2013 08:27 am
@reasoning logic,
"HIS" commandments, which reside in "HIM"
'Mark Gamson', my 'Christian' friend - So highly likely I refer to the (somewhat well-known) "CHRISTIAN" commandments.
And not the "I am a pedantic twat-commandments' that you clearly adhere to, in order to develop something from nothing.....
But, each to their own....brother:)
0 Replies

FBM

Fri 3 May, 2013 10:08 am
SpadeMaster sock puppet?
Setanta

Fri 3 May, 2013 10:09 am
@FBM,
I really, really don't like Spade, but even i wouldn't insult him that badly.
FBM

Fri 3 May, 2013 10:17 am
@Setanta,
Just pointing out the similar levels of incomprehensibility. Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 3 May, 2013 10:20 am
I can see that . . . but in comparison, Spade almost seems like a nice guy . . . almost . . .
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Fri 3 May, 2013 03:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I wonder, RL...do you think it is IMPOSSIBLE for one religion to be correct?

Are you trying to be silly?

Of course not, "Ganapatya has always been correct. Come home to the truth Frank. Wink

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 3 May, 2013 05:52 pm
@JLNobody,
Yes, but I still don't know what you are trying to get across. I'm dense I guess.
reasoning logic

Fri 3 May, 2013 06:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Yes, but I still don't know what you are trying to get across. I'm dense I guess.

Welcome to my club of being confused.
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 3 May, 2013 06:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz, regarding the stirring of turds, wrote:
Well, on the issue of turd stirring, here is the poop.

You know how, when the neighbor's pooch makes a deposit in your yard? It smells godawful, right? But after a day or so, by either oxidation or dessication, a crust forms, making the deposit odor free. Then you kid goes out into the yard with a stick (probably your son or my son, my daughter thought all this stuff was yucky). Sure enough! Turd stirring! And, I don't know why, perhaps because of some fermentation or something, the new smell is more malodorous than the first. I suspect this is what Set is referring to and I have no doubt he speaks from first hand experience.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 7 May, 2013 08:17 pm
@neologist,
Good Grief, I don't care one whit what Setanta thinks about "turd stirring" or much of anything for that matter.

I, apparently, made the mistake of trying to understand a silly ass post in this thread.

I still don't understand any of this nonsense, but please (one and all), allow me to bask in my ignorance.