How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Albuquerque

Tue 19 Jan, 2021 05:49 pm
@Albuquerque,
"Good" and "bad" are a social tool, a functional shortcut who minimises the use of brain power and energy to grant a Society a proper even if not perfect level of productive operability!
0 Replies

popeye1945

Tue 19 Jan, 2021 06:43 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper, Good and bad, good and evil are biologically determined, there is no meaning to the physical world unless it is bestowed upon it by biological consciousness. Healthy human biology tends to find the same things good and the same things bad, in other words what is good for us, good for our biological well being.
Jasper10

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 04:34 am
@popeye1945,
Can I challenge you by saying just as the rules of the physical are defined then the rules of the mind might be defined as well.Man cannot get to a Nihilistic view point and then after that define the rules based purely upon his own one sided secular belief systems, especially when he has no carnal DEFINITIVE proof to back up that God either does or doesn't exist....not that he can provide that carnal proof one way or the other anyway.

No reasoning at all should come out of Nihilism. If reasoning comes out of Nihilism then it could be described as a negative or positive (Neutral) reasoning if you like.....a neutral choice reasoning.....but still a CHOICE reasoning.
Albuquerque

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 04:45 am
@Jasper10,
Who is being nihilist? And what does your God has anything to do with being or not being nihilist?
Jasper10

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 05:01 am
@Albuquerque,
Why wouldn't God...if he exists have something to do with Nihilism?
Albuquerque

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 12:25 pm
@Jasper10,
You didn't get my point. You call people nihilist because they don't believe in God how does that follows?
popeye1945

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 12:35 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper, We don't need the god concept here at all, it unnecessarily complicates an otherwise straight forward discussion. What I have stated has nothing to do with Nihilism, it is a basic fact/reality, that the physical world is in itself meaningless, unless meaning is bestowed upon it by a biological consciousness. This has nothing to do with the supernatural.
Albuquerque

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 12:42 pm
@popeye1945,
Well I don't think it is meaningless nor do I think that we impose meaning on it as from my perspective we don't have free will. We find the meaning that our domain of comprehension and operation allows us to find within our social strata.
Individually we find meaning on what we need. Let start with basic things like oxygen water food and reproduction. And lets end it with more complex things like group integration acceptance and access to power.
Jasper10

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:04 pm
@Albuquerque,
There are two sides to nihilism is my point...a positive and negative view.Nihilism is a form of neutralising.There should be no output reasoning from Nihilism but clearly there is ....however, due to a non acceptance of good and evil an output is.....”and therefore this proves there are no morals/rules and there is no God.....”.No it doesn’t....because there is an alternative output reasoning that ...”there is good and evil and good is good and evil is evil therefore there are morals/rules and there is a God....”
Jasper10

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:10 pm
@popeye1945,
You have accept that your views are just hopes because you can’t prove anything definitively....your views are therefore not fact....they are at best guesses.Man hasn’t a clue about consciousness and can only hope that there is or isn’t a God.You might as well get used to that fact because it ain’t going anywhere.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:11 pm
@Jasper10,
There are Moral rules because we as individuals and as a species want to survive.
That is not Nihilism!
Nature can and does provide all the meaning that we as Homo Sapiens can deal with at our stage of comprehension.

Your going back to "God" craving is nothing else than needing for a source, a central unity frame of reference. Don't worry there is one without God all the same. Reality has a rational build into it. As Einstein once said the most incredible thing about the Universe it is that it is comprehensible at all through Maths. Although I should ad that our comprehension has the limits of our embodied cognition and specific needs.
Jasper10

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:18 pm
@Albuquerque,
I am not taking about MAN made rules that constantly change and don’t work because they originate from negative nihilism....I am taking about GOD made rules that have always been in place that originate from positive nihilism.How do you know that God doesn’t exist ...who told you this? you certainly can’t prove he doesn’t exist...we all know that now.
Albuquerque

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:24 pm
@Jasper10,
The rules we have are the rules that NATURE allows us to work with.
Those rules are not linear nor black and white. Man made rules when they don't work give rise to revolutions and change. The rules that "survive" are the ones that work fairly enough considering benefit versus energy cost.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:30 pm
@Jasper10,
I get it you are attached and bound to a narrative since your early days, imprinting marks you for life. You pledged unconditional allegiance to a group, a tribe, to which you belong, fair enough. It is inconceivable to you to see reality through any other way. You would lose your ground, your friends, your shared group beliefs, your existential frame of reference. That requires extraordinary energy to pull off from and you don't have it. No free will to get out of that, you are forgiven and secular "heaven" shall embrace your ignorance as part of the system.
Jasper10

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:31 pm
@Jasper10,
Which side of the fence are you on?

1. The good is evil and evil is good side of the fence
OR
2.The good is not evil and evil is not good side of the fence
Jasper10

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:35 pm
@Albuquerque,
I have total free will to choose in the completed perfect creation which is all encompassing.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:47 pm
@Jasper10,
...try for a minute to change the words good and evil by functional or dysfunctional and see how that changes the righteousness tone that you need and crave to make war on other tribes that do no share your group belief system.

...you see as soon as you do change and swap those words, the righteousness and the war between good and evil immediately fades. You are now on grey ground and have to work seriously to understand other tribes motives and reasons to act the way they do.

Funny enough most secular atheists still are bound by the idea of Good and Evil from the POV of agency and free will.
We don't say a storm or a volcano eruption is good or evil...it is. People are no different in the superorganism of their tribes.

The world is challenging with pain for a great deal of time in order to make scarce and valuable the small amount of time in which we found moments of happiness and self-fulfilment. There the problem of Evil has faded...

That is the rational of the Cosmos.
Jasper10

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:49 pm
@Albuquerque,
Try leaving good and evil exactly as they are...separate...just as light and darkness are separate.
Albuquerque

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 01:53 pm
@Jasper10,
Well lets separate then...which one are you good or evil?
Jasper10

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 02:12 pm
@Albuquerque,
Positive nihilism is the opposite of negative nihilism whereby rules and morals are concerned...it considers the possibility of a God and his rules/morals.....however there is still a problem....one would have to keep God’s rules PERFECTLY....why?...because God only deals in perfection.As no one can keep God’s rules perfectly we therefore need help.This help comes from God....why?... because he is the only one who can provide the perfect help we need....and he offers it free to anyone who will accept it.Romans 3 10-12.It’s interesting that God uses the term righteous and not good/evil.