How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Frank Apisa

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 07:35 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

#3 Jesus believed in marriage between a man and a woman.
#4 Jesus believed that the O.T. was true.
#5 Jesus said that people are sinful
#6 Jesus said that he was coming back to judge the world
#7 Jesus said that people must repent of their sins.

What is that supposed to be?????
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 10:04 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Liar, you threatened my children.

That’s how you people operate. You are no Christian.
Izzy,
I never threatened your children. You live in England. I live on the west coast of the U S.
Why can't you understand the difference between buying a handgun for protection and buying semi-automatic weapons for murdering people?
You are delusional. You need a lot of psychological help.
NealNealNeal

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 10:09 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I will defend my family too. So just bring it on, you won’t be able to bring your gun over here.

And we’ll be keeping our ears open for American accents. They stick out like a sore thumb over here.

That’s what you lot are like though, very good as issuing threats while trembling behind your gun.
My gun will only be used if someone invades my home.
Even then it will probably be used as a deterrent with no shots being fired.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 10:13 am
@izzythepush,
Criminals have access to guns. You will not stop them from getting access to guns.
izzythepush

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 10:18 am
@NealNealNeal,
I’m not stupid, you said one of my kids was killed in a shooting incident. That sounds very much like a threat to the lives of my children.

You leave my children out of any argument between you and me you sick individual.

Why can’t you see that your gun laws are the reason so many children get murdered in your country. If you own a gun you are responsible, especially when you start threatening other people’s children.

There’s no way someone like you should be allowed to own a ******* spoon, let alone a gun.

You believe your religion is under attack because women are allowed to have reproductive rights. How are you going to protect your family from that, shoot up an abortion clinic? You seem to think it’s acceptable to use deadly force against anyone who thinks differently, with protecting your family as an excuse. Abortion clinics and ‘leftists’ are not threatening your family, your insane gun laws are.
izzythepush

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 10:23 am
@NealNealNeal,
Criminals don’t go on mass shooting sprees, law abiding responsible gun owners like yourself do that.

Criminals are very careful about who they allow to get hold of their guns because of the repercussions, mandatory five year jail term just for possession of an illegal firearm. If you run some gun factory you’re not going to let some nutjob get hold of one.

Our criminal gun dealers are way more responsible than your legitimate ones.

At the end of the day the figures say everything, homicides are off the chart in America, the only other liberal democracy that comes close is South Africa and that has its own problems.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 10:23 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank,
I answered your question. You just don't like my answer.
You played the same game with Jasper.
Jesus never allowed people to play this game with Him. I will follow His example. I am concerned about you However it is wiser to allow you to deal with God Himself.
It will be interesting to see you tell God that you believed that there was either no good or one or more God's. :-)
izzythepush

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 10:28 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Jesus never allowed people to play this game with Him. I will follow His example.

Jesus said turn the other cheek, and that those who live by the sword die by the sword, he didn’t tell people to arm themselves to the teeth so they could make veiled threats.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 10:33 am
@izzythepush,
I said "perhaps...". At the time I didn't realize how paranoid you are.
Don't worry. I am no threat to you or your children.
Izzy, you are so mentally ill that I will choose to have no more discussions with you.
izzythepush

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 10:39 am
@NealNealNeal,
I’m not paranoid, I know a threat when I see one.

You had no cause to speculate about my children, none whatsoever, even if it wasn’t intended as a threat it was still a pretty disgusting thing to do.

It shows what sort of person you are, you don’t think people can empathise with others unless they’ve been in an identical situation.

Guess what, most people are horrified by events like Sandy Hook, they don’t just shrug and say that it’s a price worth paying so they can have a gun.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 10:44 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Frank,
I answered your question. You just don't like my answer.

You did NOT answer the question I have been asking for several days now.

Here it is again:

Name one or two of the focus areas of the American right that you see to be more in tune with the teachings of Jesus compared with the American left...and one or two of the focus areas of the American left that you see to be more at odds with the teachings of Jesus compared with the American right.[/b]

Quote:
You played the same game with Jasper.

What game?

Quote:
Jesus never allowed people to play this game with Him.

WHAT GAME?

Quote:
I will follow His example.

I doubt that. Most Internet Christians don't.

Quote:
I am concerned about you

Why so?

Quote:
However it is wiser to allow you to deal with God Himself.

You mean the god you blindly guess exists?

Quote:
It will be interesting to see you tell God that you believed that there was either no good or one or more God's. :-)

I have NEVER said that I believe there are no gods...or more than one god.

EVER! Not here in this thread...not here in this forum...not in any other forum in which I have posted.

NEVER.

So why would you think I ever tell that to the god you blindly guess exists?
izzythepush

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 11:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
What gets me is all the damn moralising, how these people are so much better than the rest of us because of their bloody religion.

They’re so concerned with judging everyone else they’ve lost all humanity, if they had it in the first place.
Jasper10

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 11:06 am
@Jasper10,
Anyway....I'm glad no one is asking me for PROOF that a God exists or not because they may be waiting for an eternity to get an answer one way or the other (off ANYONE) possibly even with or without God...which at this present time may or may not bother them in the slightest.

Genuine and Sincere HOPE in or not in something or someone is all we have......not sure if you can cover your bet........wouldn't like to bet on that one...
Frank Apisa

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 11:11 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

What gets me is all the damn moralising, how these people are so much better than the rest of us because of their bloody religion.

They’re so concerned with judging everyone else they’ve lost all humanity, if they had it in the first place.

Agreed. There is as much, if not more, real morality among the non-religious than among the religious these days.

I also think Neal was WAY out of line with that comment that you have been arguing with him about. I jarred me when I read it. Best to just get off it, though, because the less conversation about violence these days, the better off we all are.
izzythepush

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 11:23 am
@Frank Apisa,
I appreciate that Frank.

Thank you.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 11:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
There are some decent ones. The Reverend Richard Coles is a popular media figure over here. He is a really decent person.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 11:53 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Anyway....I'm glad no one is asking me

Nobody is asking you about anything because you can’t answer a simple question. You’re a one trick pony who keeps repeating himself.
NealNealNeal

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 11:54 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

If you are willfully blind, even God cannot open ones eyes.
It’s just the kind of God he is.
There is an elegance to it all, in spite of the loss.
Leadfoot,
Perhaps you can help them see the truth?
Jasper10

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 11:57 am
@izzythepush,
I have to keep repeating myself and explaining it very slowly because people like you are very very slow learners...
izzythepush

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 11:59 am
@Jasper10,
No you don’t, your opinion is crystal clear, not everyone agrees with you, but we all know what you think.