How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Frank Apisa

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 11:31 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Frank
Jesus said that we MUST accept Him as God. I have answered your question.
Jesus came to die for our sins. Everything about Him revolves around that fact.

None of that has anything whatever to do with my question.

Here is the "question" again:

Name one or two of the focus areas of the American right that you see to be more in tune with the teachings of Jesus compared with the American left...and one or two of the focus areas of the American left that you see to be more at odds with the teachings of Jesus compared with the American right.

You seem to think the American right is closer in thrust to the teachings of Jesus than the American left.

Give us a few examples.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 11:32 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Frank
Jesus said that we MUST accept Him as God. I have answered your question.
Jesus came to die for our sins. Everything about Him revolves around that fact.

By the way...where did Jesus say that we MUST accept him as god?

Give me a citation for that.
NealNealNeal

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 01:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
(1) "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Nobody comes to the Father except by me".
(2) Before Abraham was I Am (YAWEY)
(3) John 8:24
(4) John 3:3
(5) John 10:30
(6) John 1:18
(7) John 20:28
(8) John 10:38
(9) John 5:18

10 1 John 5:20

Do you need more?
Frank Apisa

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 02:07 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

(1) "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Nobody comes to the Father except by me".

Do you need more?

Yeah.

All of that came from the Gospel of John...written by a man who never heard a word Jesus said.

John, as most biblical scholar acknowledge, is the least reliable reporter of the words of Jesus. The Jesus Project indicated that just about every word John reports Jesus said...

...is suspect.

So...Yeah. We need more.
Frank Apisa

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 02:08 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Do you need more?

And we need your answer to the question.

Why are you not giving that?
izzythepush

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 02:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
He can’t, people like that let evangelical preachers do their thinking for them.
Frank Apisa

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 02:15 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

He can’t, people like that let evangelical preachers do their thinking for them.

I'm not sure there is any thinking going on at all.

Anyway...I will give Neal the benefit of the doubt. I want to see what he can come up with.

That nonsense he brought to the question of when did Jesus say we MUST accept him as god...was terrible. I hope he does better with the other question.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 05:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank,
I gave you ten verses and you rejected them because they came from one of the three disciples that were closest to Jesus.
The Jesus Project consisted of spiritual goofballs.
Unfortunately, I did not listen to Matthew 7:6. I have learned my lesson.
Leadfoot is correct when he says that something traumatic happened to you. I wish that it did not happen.
Izzy is an angry man. Perhaps his child was killed in a shooting. I wish that had not happened either.
izzythepush

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 06:04 pm
@NealNealNeal,
You really are full of lies.

What a disgusting thing to say about someone.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 06:07 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Don’t be sorry for me, be sorry for the children who will die tomorrow because of people like you.

I live in a country that protects children from armed groups like the NRA.

If you had any humanity you'd understand it’s possible to feel sympathy for others without having gone through a similar ordeal.

izzythepush

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 06:09 pm
@NealNealNeal,
There’s nothing wrong in being angry, Jesus got very angry with people like you, very angry indeed.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 07:19 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Don’t be sorry for me, be sorry for the children who will die tomorrow because of people like you.

I live in a country that protects children from armed groups like the NRA.

If you had any humanity you'd understand it’s possible to feel sympathy for others without having gone through a similar ordeal. I grieve for children who die from knife wounds, auto accidents, gun wounds, abortion, insane babysitters, etc. However, getting rid of law enforcement only makes it more likely that more children will get hurt.

izzythepush

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 01:39 am
@NealNealNeal,
You think it’s acceptable to threaten to kill my children because you think I’m angry. That’s the sort of ‘Christian,’ you are, the sort who is just looking for an excuse to start killing people.

NealNealNeal

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 01:51 am
@NealNealNeal,
#3 Jesus believed in marriage between a man and a woman.
#4 Jesus believed that the O.T. was true.
#5 Jesus said that people are sinful
#6 Jesus said that he was coming back to judge the world
#7 Jesus said that people must repent of their sins.
izzythepush

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 01:53 am
@NealNealNeal,
You threatened to kill my children.

Did Jesus tell you to do that?
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 01:57 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You think it’s acceptable to threaten to kill my children because you think I’m angry. That’s the sort of ‘Christian,’ you are, the sort who is just looking for an excuse to start killing people.

I have no desire to kill anyone. However, I will defend my family from danger.
Jesus was angry at times. You seem to be an angry person. There is a difference.
izzythepush

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 01:59 am
@NealNealNeal,
Liar, you threatened my children.

That’s how you people operate. You are no Christian.
izzythepush

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 02:01 am
@NealNealNeal,
I will defend my family too. So just bring it on, you won’t be able to bring your gun over here.

And we’ll be keeping our ears open for American accents. They stick out like a sore thumb over here.

That’s what you lot are like though, very good as issuing threats while trembling behind your gun.
izzythepush

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 02:05 am
@NealNealNeal,
Jesus would have been angry with people like you who wish to perpetrate outrages like Sandy Hook.

It amazes me that you get so angry about abortion yet make excuses for massacres like Sandy Hook. The lives of those children take second place to your pathetic need to have a gun.

You’re not protecting your family by shooting up a school.

I successfully protect my family by ensuring that dangerous people like you have no access to guns.
Frank Apisa

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 07:32 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Frank,
I gave you ten verses and you rejected them because they came from one of the three disciples that were closest to Jesus.

Almost every biblical scholar concludes that the Gospel of John...WAS NOT WRITTEN BY AN APOSTLE. If you do not know and acknowledge that...you are just not getting with the program.

In any case, there was not a mention from Jesus in any of those verses that says, "You must accept me as god" which is what you were supposed to be dealing with, Neal.

Quote:

The Jesus Project consisted of spiritual goofballs.

The Jesus Project consisted of biblical scholars...including many learned churchmen and women.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I did not listen to Matthew 7:6. I have learned my lesson.

I doubt that you have learned your lesson. In fact, I seriously doubt you even understand the lessons taught in Matthew.

Quote:
Leadfoot is correct when he says that something traumatic happened to you. I wish that it did not happen.

I have acknowledged that something traumatic happened to me. I grew up.

I am grateful that it happened. I wish it would happen to you.

Quote:

Izzy is an angry man. Perhaps his child was killed in a shooting. I wish that had not happened either.

Izzy is attempting to speak sense to you. Unfortunately, that is like trying to speak sense to a brick wall.

And you are still ducking my question of earlier!!!