How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

izzythepush

Thu 22 Oct, 2020 10:08 am
@NealNealNeal,
I don’t want to accuse you of Jasper’s wilful ignorance, and if this post sounds like that I apologise.

I think you said that you had problems with Catholicism due to its treatment of Jewish people.

Let’s face it, Protestantism was all about opening up the Bible, having it in the mother tongue instead of Latin, stopping the priests from having a monopoly on knowledge.

Bearing that in mind and accepting that the body who decided what went into the Bible became the Catholic Church, why are you so accepting of what they decided and so hostile towards the stuff they left out?
NealNealNeal

Thu 22 Oct, 2020 11:24 am
@izzythepush,
It is a good question.
I believe that in His Sovereignty, God worked out what was in the Bible. Thus, while acknowledging that there were disagreements over doctrine as early as the Apostle Paul, I believe that God worked it out. Likewise I believe that the Councils of Nicea was influenced by God to get it right.
Constantine made the lives of Christians much easier. However, he contaminated Christianity. Eventually, the Catholic Church became almost the opposite of what Jesus wanted.
As I said in other posts, the Church must not have absolute political power where people rule.

izzythepush

Thu 22 Oct, 2020 11:33 am
@NealNealNeal,
Why would God show his sovereignty in the church there and at no other point?

And more to the point why would God put a limit on knowledge?

Aren’t you the slightest bit interested in what the people who became the Catholic Church didn’t want you to know?

It sounds more like blind faith than anything else.
Frank Apisa

Thu 22 Oct, 2020 12:48 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

It is a good question.
I believe that in His Sovereignty, God worked out what was in the Bible. Thus, while acknowledging that there were disagreements over doctrine as early as the Apostle Paul, I believe that God worked it out. Likewise I believe that the Councils of Nicea was influenced by God to get it right.
Constantine made the lives of Christians much easier. However, he contaminated Christianity. Eventually, the Catholic Church became almost the opposite of what Jesus wanted.
As I said in other posts, the Church must not have absolute political power where people rule.

Not to over-do this criticism, Neal, but you do use that word "believe" a lot...and in matters like "the true nature of the REALITY of existence"...a "belief" is really nothing more than a blind guess.

You make a blind guess that a god exists; you further blindly guess about that god's nature...about what pleases it and what offend it; and now you blindly guess that the god "worked out" what is in the Bible.

Actually, humans worked out what is in the Bible. We know that. You certainly have the right to blindly guess that your god directed the humans to do what they did...

...but somehow, you have got to see that the base of your "belief structure" is built completely on a series of blind guesses.

There is something incongruous about your considerations about the Catholic Church, also. A decidedly anti-Christian bias you should over-come.

Interesting to me that you should put so much work into propagating your blind guesses. Kinda reminds me of the work some people put into propagating their blind guesses that no gods exist.

InfraBlue

Thu 22 Oct, 2020 03:34 pm
@NealNealNeal,
So, your theology is centered on the disuasion of Universalism. Understood.
Jasper10

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 01:50 am
@InfraBlue,
A good example of a blind GUESS..

….Actually, humans worked out what is in the Bible. We know that.....

This is a foolish statement......why? because we can't PROVE that man wasn't inspired by another source to write the words.

This statement comes from a fool who is even prepared to accept that there might be a God as well who might just communicate however he wants with man.

No one can PROVE anything....how many times...all we have is HOPE....not GUESSES!!!
NealNealNeal

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 10:43 am
@izzythepush,
God will continue to reveal Himself to those who respond to Him. If a person, nation, church, etc will not respond to what He has informed them, God will stop the information process.
Constantine radically changed the outward appearance of the "Church".
InfraBlue

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 10:54 am
@Jasper10,
Your response should be directed @Frank Apisa, not me.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 11:07 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

God will continue to reveal Himself to those who respond to Him. If a person, nation, church, etc will not respond to what He has informed them, God will stop the information process.
Constantine radically changed the outward appearance of the "Church".

Zeus will continue to reveal himself to those who insist he exists, Neal. This revelation crap is not worthy of serious discussion. Your supposed "personal relationship with a god" may be nothing more than a delusion. No way you can tell.
0 Replies

popeye1945

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 04:49 pm
@neologist,
With a bit of critical thinking one can be reasonably sure that a religion is wrong/false/bogus, most if not all claim knowledge where knowledge is not possible, claims to the supernatural as apposed to the unknown, mark each as a fraudulent. "Reason is the enemy of faith." Martin Luther
cicerone imposter

Fri 23 Oct, 2020 11:11 pm
@popeye1945,
Understanding science and evolution provides all the answers to religions.
Jasper10

Sat 24 Oct, 2020 01:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
What you should have said is that you HOPE that understanding science and evolution provides all the answers to religions.Stop guessing.
Evolutionist have stopped debating with creationist now because they lose every time.They know that the scientific evidence out there fits better with what the bible says but their belief systems will not let them consider the possibility that creationism might be true.
The devil (if he exists) may want man to believe that God doesn’t exist so that he can convince him that he is responsible for all atrocities.
The devil (if he exists) may want man to believe that God does exist so that he can convince him that God is responsible for all atrocities.
The devil (if he exists) doesn’t want man to think he exists because he may then start factoring him in to the overall equation.
cicerone imposter

Sat 24 Oct, 2020 12:04 pm
@Jasper10,
Keep on believing that! Creationists have created thousands of gods over human history; different gods for different countries and cultures. Quite the evidence for so many gods. The christian god follows the mythologies of Greek and Egyptian gods; all born of a virgin, and only 2,000 years old, while homo sapiens have been around for over 200,000 years. Why did your god appear so late in human history, and why in the Middle East? The isolated appearance of the christian god makes it more questionable. What happens to all those humans who didn't know of your god, and wasn't "saved?" Why would any god keep track of all humans, to determine whether they were good or bad? If he already knew their life before it happened, what was the purpose of his judgement after the fact? He didn't know how each human would turn out? Really?
cicerone imposter

Sat 24 Oct, 2020 12:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Evidence for evolution.
https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-biology/chapter/evidence-of-evolution/#:~:text=%20Evidence%20of%20Evolution%20%201%20The%20Fossil,fossilize%20easily%2C%20the%20fossil%20record%20is...%20More%20
popeye1945

Sat 24 Oct, 2020 08:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Cicerone, I quite agree, but humanity is in big trouble if they cannot leave these dark age mythologies/religions behind and move on to a more rational approach. Science is capable of guiding the way to a morality that serves the life and well being of all humanity. These mythologies/religions have been making war with each other for to long, we cannot afford this nonsense in an age of nuclear weapons.
Jasper10

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 01:27 am
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah but I am merely pointing out that the evidence for creationism fits better, that is why creationist win all debates.Evolution is just a THEORY of GUESSES at the end of the day.GUESSES that change as the years go by.The red blood cells and soft skin tissue found on dinosaur bones is a real challenge for evolutionist to explain away also the complete and utter lack of morphing evidences in the supposed millions and millions of years rock layers is another fundamental problem.The only answer evolutionist have is to come up with another round of GUESSES to try and explain it all.Let’s not do the evolution debate though it’s boring.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 01:55 am
@popeye1945,
You HOPE that science is capable of guiding a way to a morality that serves the life and well being of all humanity....It’s interesting that you mention the need for morality...Where did that idea come from?.... you are supposed to be an atheist who believes in nihilistic principles aren’t you?...life is meaningless...survival of the fittest...and all that.

MORALITY requires rules to be put in place for it to work doesn’t it?

It would be interesting to know what rules the atheist would put in place for it to work for all.

Go on ...think of 10 say....

NealNealNeal

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 03:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank,
When Izzy asked his question, the topic was changed. It went from "Does the God of the Bible exist?" to "living the Christian Life".
God has made it abundantly clear that He exists. I know that He exists. We have discussed this topic for months.
Izzy raised a question dealing with the Sovereignty of God. A Christian needs to trust God as he lives his life.
God bends over backwards in the salvation process. However, He is more and more demanding in the sanctification process. Therefore, some "Christians" bail out.
NealNealNeal

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 03:18 pm
@InfraBlue,
Infrablue,
It is a battle inside me between spiritual truth and my emotions. It would make me happy to have God "give everyone a break". However, it is spiritual silliness.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 03:44 pm
@popeye1945,
Popeye,
I strongly disagree with your statement. Science is morally neutral. The results can be quite wonderful. The results can be quite tragic.
The answer is (1) checks and balances on government power (2) accountability and responsibility (3) teaching people that they must live moral lives. They must stop thinking solely about "their rights". This makes them very selfish.