How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Jasper10

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 08:39 am
@izzythepush,
perhaps I am being a bit unfair to you.....your thinking is too robotic...too machine like......LIFELESS...
izzythepush

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 08:54 am
@Jasper10,
A robot would pluck an irrelevant insult from a list, just like you did.

When I’ve insulted you I’ve commented on behaviour not looked up a response from ‘Snappy Comebacks for Slow Wits.’
Jasper10

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 09:55 am
@izzythepush,
It's not a throw away comment...Nihilistic thinking is very robotic/machine like.
InfraBlue

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 10:13 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
Incorrect. An atheist would believe in a god if proper evidence is given on one.
Some of them do, and have seen the evidence.
But of course everyone has the freedom to define their own 'proper evidence'.
I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Unfortunately, after physical death God will show them how proper the evidence was.

How is it unfortunate?
izzythepush

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 10:20 am
@Jasper10,
Of course it wasn’t a throw away remark, it’s all you’ve got.

Morons repeat themselves.

And then some.
Jasper10

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 12:28 pm
@izzythepush,
Yeah whatever...once again...
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 04:57 pm
@InfraBlue,
I am talking about the White Throne Judgement.
izzythepush

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 05:01 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Is that you on the bog or something, because that’s what it sounds like?
0 Replies

ekename

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 07:57 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Thank you for alerting me to this information.

May I ask the level of academic education you attained in your studies?

Quote:
White Throne Judgement

In Christianity, the Great White Throne Judgment is the time when the dead people that did not live during the 1,000 years that Satan was inside the bottomless pit come back to life and are judged by God according to their works using the 66 books of the Bible. This judgment is for those people who are not found written in the Book of Life, a book where the names of those who are going to heaven are written. Once the judgment has been finished, Death, Hades, and those who are not found written in the Book of Life will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

InfraBlue

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 08:07 pm
@NealNealNeal,
If these ideas are unfortunate, why subscribe to them?
NealNealNeal

Wed 21 Oct, 2020 08:32 am
@ekename,
Master's degree in statistics and operations research.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Wed 21 Oct, 2020 08:45 am
@InfraBlue,
I subscribe to the belief because that is what the Bible says will happen.
I am extremely saddened by it because I do not want it to happen. Like you I am a person who has sinned. I am not holy. Therefore, I am not bothered by sin nearly as much as Holy God is. However, the last thing that I want is for anyone to go to hell.
If Universalism turns out to be correct I will be delighted. However, the Bible denies Universalism.
Frank Apisa

Wed 21 Oct, 2020 09:09 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

I subscribe to the belief because that is what the Bible says will happen.
I am extremely saddened by it because I do not want it to happen. Like you I am a person who has sinned. I am not holy. Therefore, I am not bothered by sin nearly as much as Holy God is. However, the last thing that I want is for anyone to go to hell.
If Universalism turns out to be correct I will be delighted. However, the Bible denies Universalism.

"The Bible" considers jerking off to be sin worthy of eternal condemnation...

...yet considers trading and owning humans as slaves to be just fine.

Perhaps you ought to reconsider your allegiance to the Bible.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Wed 21 Oct, 2020 10:32 am
@NealNealNeal,
So, why believe these ideas in the Bible when they're unverifiable and make you sad?

What does Universalism have to do with this?
NealNealNeal

Wed 21 Oct, 2020 10:53 am
@InfraBlue,
In my mind (and definitely spirit), it is definitely a verified fact.
I don't reject something simply because I don't like the results. For example I don't like the result of someone jumping off a 100 story building. However, this doesn't stop me from believing in gravity.
Similarly, I explain to people that (1) they are sinners destined for hell (2) Jesus died so that people could have a personal relationship with God and spend eternity in heaven (3) each individual needs to accept Jesus as his/her Lord and Savior.
In religion Universalism refers to the belief that all people will go to heaven. However, Jesus denied that this belief is true.
Frank Apisa

Wed 21 Oct, 2020 11:01 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

I don't reject something simply because I don't like the results. For example I don't like the result of someone jumping off a 100 story building. However, this doesn't stop me from believing in gravity.
Similarly, I explain to people that (1) they are sinners destined for hell (2) Jesus died so that people could have a personal relationship with God and spend eternity in heaven (3) each individual needs to accept Jesus as his/her Lord and Savior.
In religion Universalism refers to the belief that all people will go to heaven. However, Jesus denied that this belief is true.

You simply assume your are correct in your guesswork about how the nature of the REALITY and about how it operates...and you want others to accept your guesses as correct.

I don't, Neal.

Obviously many others do not either.

Leadfoot

Wed 21 Oct, 2020 01:04 pm
@ekename,
Quote:
In Christianity, the Great White Throne Judgment is the time when the dead people that did not live during the 1,000 years that Satan was inside the bottomless pit come back to life and are judged by God according to their works using the 66 books of the Bible.
All good up to the part where the 66 books of the Bible are used as the standard of judgement.
My reading of it says only two books are used. Not sure which order would be used but I’d guess it would go something like this.

Are you in the Book of Life? If not, let’s open the Book of Works.

At this point I would assume that God would not need the Bible in order to render a proper and just judgement. That book was primarily for us, not him. There is no more use for it at this point.

What is interesting is that thousand years. As the Bible says, all the ones written in the book of life were raised before the thousand years. The ones raised after were not in that book. My guess is the only reason for the judgement out of the book of works is observance of due process, an opportunity for the accused to face the accuser.

My question to you (or anyone wishing to say) is - What is the purpose of the 1000 years before the judgement, since all that were alive at the time were 'saved' people (the dead in Christ) ? Why not go straight to judgement and send those in the book of life to Heaven and the rest to the second death?

0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Wed 21 Oct, 2020 03:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I understand that Frank.
Jesus never told Christians that they have to PROVE to others that the gospel is true. That is impossible since the main responsibility for belief lies with the heater of the gospel.
You have graciously allowed me to have a conversation with you for a long time. Likewise, God has graciously allowed me to keep on discussing the subject. I am thankful for the opportunity.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Wed 21 Oct, 2020 04:31 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Your convictions and the fact of gravity are two very different things, however.

NealNealNeal wrote:

I know what Universalism is, thank you. The question is, what does it have to do with this discussion?
NealNealNeal

Thu 22 Oct, 2020 08:56 am
@InfraBlue,
Since Universalism is not true, it is ever more important to me to spread the gospel.
The gospel is far more to me than an intellectual discussion.