How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Frank Apisa

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 09:14 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

You are absolutely correct. I just don't know if anyone would want to help me. I am autistic and my experience is that people are far more willing to criticize me than to provide assistance.

I am more than willing to help you, Neal. I will write up some comments...and then post them. First, an experiment. At the top of this post...you will see three boxes marked REPLY, QUOTE, REPORT.

Left click on the QUOTE button. You will see a window appear showing my remarks with the words [ quote ] [ /quote] around them. That is the remark you are quoting.

Just go past that [/quote ]...and start your remarks in response. Give it a try. If you run into a problem, let me know what it is without doing any quoting. I'll know what you are talking about.

Frank Apisa

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 09:19 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank ...I am not a liar...I can’t prove that a God exists therefore I can only HOPE that a God exists.

I am almost certain you are a liar. In any case, you definitely are wrong. You are correct that you cannot prove a god exists...but if you think the only thing open to you then is to HOPE a god exists...you are totally wrong.

You can, for instance, "believe" that a god exists...which is exactly what I think you are doing...and lying about it.

Quote:
The HOPE thing isn’t “bull sh*t“ Frank.It’s all any of us have.As I said previously, when you catch up/“get it” let us know.

The "hope" bullshit is nothing but bullshit. It is NOT the only thing any of us has...in fact, it is NOT the only thing YOU have.

Quote:
I’m not trying to be clever at all.

If that were true, I would say you are succeeding beyond your wildest dreams.

But I think you are lying about that also.
NealNealNeal

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 10:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

You are absolutely correct. I just don't know if anyone would want to help me. I am autistic and my experience is that people are far more willing to criticize me than to provide assistance.
I understand the first step. It is at the window that I am having the problem on my smartphone.
I am more than willing to help you, Neal. I will write up some comments...and then post them. First, an experiment. At the top of this post...you will see three boxes marked REPLY, QUOTE, REPORT.

Left click on the QUOTE button. You will see a window appear showing my remarks with the words [ quote ] [ /quote] around them. That is the remark you are quoting.

Just go past that [/quote ]...and start your remarks in response. Give it a try. If you run into a problem, let me know what it is without doing any quoting. I'll know what you are talking about.

Frank Apisa

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 10:42 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

I understand the first step. It is at the window that I am having the problem on my smartphone.

I'm going to make a guess about what happened here, Neal.

You were not able to post a comment, because you could not see the final [ quote ].

Don't try anything with this one. I will follow up with a short note...and we will try that experiment again.

You are going to quote my NEXT POST...and then go past the final [ /quote ] and start a reply.

Wait for it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 10:43 am
To Neal...here is the test post. Click QUOTE...and then move your cursor past the final [ /quote ] and post any remark.
NealNealNeal

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 10:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

To Neal...here is the test post. Click QUOTE...and then move your cursor past the final [ /quote ] and post any remark.
let's see if this works
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 10:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

Many people are "disappointed at God" for not answering their prayer or allowing a negative event to occur. They want a "Butler God" or a "nice grandfather God".
The true God expects people to worship Him. He is Holy and Righteous. People don't like that. So they pretend that man is "king of the world". This is exactly what Satan wants.
Frank probably was disappointed in God in some way. This is a common occurrence.
I apologise for that assumption.
By the way, it was not me who called you a "phony".

That is bullshit.

First of all, I am probably the luckiest man on the planet. Things just seem to work out for me. I am satisfied with the life I have lead...and the things that have gone wrong I accept as personal failings. I do not try to place blame for any of those things on any gods.

I never ask any gods to do favors for me...so I would never be disappointed that the god didn't do what I requested.

Only you people who make blind guesses that there is a god who does things for people if they pray...ever experience that kind of disappointment in a god.

NealNealNeal

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 11:01 am
@NealNealNeal,
Frank,
I made a mistake with your multi quote. My response appeared at the wrong place.
Frank Apisa

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 11:16 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Frank,
I made a mistake with your multi quote. My response appeared at the wrong place.

No problemo, Neal.

Main thing is to get the quote up...by clicking on QUOTE.

After that, it can become a bit more difficult...but if you quote something, your reply should be in the same post. So...

A short post will come up so that you can see the final [ /quote ]. You can just go to the end of that...and start your comment.

Longer posts, when you quote them, seem to run out of space for the final lines and the final [ /quote ]. The scroll function does not work when that happens, so there is no way to get to where you want to start your comment.

Here's how I deal with that (others may have other methods):

I go to the first line of the quote window...the part here that says,
Quote:
and right click just after the final ] in that series, and then hit ENTER.

What that does is to bring the scroll bar up on the right...and then, I can scroll down to the place where I want to start my comment.

You can give that a try.

Anyone else commenting in this thread who knows a better way to handle this...please offer comments.

0 Replies

Jasper10

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 11:25 am
@Frank Apisa,
I am not wrong Frank......You are correct that you cannot prove a God exists.If you don’t think the only thing open to you is to HOPE a god doesn’t exist.....you are totally wrong.

Frank Apisa

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 11:37 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

I am not wrong Frank......You are correct that you cannot prove a God exists.If you don’t think the only thing open to you is to HOPE a god doesn’t exist.....you are totally wrong.

You are so clueless, I almost feel guilty for responding to you.

I've already given you one thing that can be done other than HOPE.

Here are a couple more: You can "guess" one exists or does not exist. You can simply "assert" one exists or does not. You can just not bother one way or another.

My guess is that there are VERY, VERY few people who HOPE either way. Most seem either to "believe" one does...or "believe" one does not.

The hope bullshit is amateur. Give it up. Makes you look bad.

Anyway, I have no idea of why you lie about your position. You obviously "believe" a god exists...and you obviously "believe" you know things about what pleases or offends that god. Denying it is just a silly lie.

As I remember it from my religious days...your god is offended by people who lie. As I remember it from my religious days, one of the things Jesus died for was in reparation for the sins of liars.

Seems to me a "thank you" is in order...rather than more lies.

izzythepush

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 11:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
Remember when I said that explaining things to Jasper took too long?

Well I did.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 12:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, why am I lying?.....I can only HOPE in a God that I can’t prove exists?

It is such hard work trying to explain things to you.Which bit of the above statement don’t you get?

Why do you have such a big issue with this? Are you scared of something? Have you been telling lies?
Frank Apisa

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 01:28 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank, why am I lying?.....I can only HOPE in a God that I can’t prove exists?

It is such hard work trying to explain things to you.Which bit of the above statement don’t you get?

Why do you have such a big issue with this? Are you scared of something? Have you been telling lies?

Work it out on your own, Jasper.

Jasper10

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 01:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don’t need to work anything out Frank....it’s already worked out perfectly.
Frank Apisa

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 02:51 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

I don’t need to work anything out Frank....it’s already worked out perfectly.

Not even close~!
Jasper10

Thu 15 Oct, 2020 12:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
Not even close to what exactly Frank?....even the devil could believe in God if either exist.I think you are a little confused.
Frank Apisa

Thu 15 Oct, 2020 07:02 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Not even close to what exactly Frank?....even the devil could believe in God if either exist.I think you are a little confused.

Having a discussion with you, Jasper, is like having a discussion with a brick. Except...the brick has a purpose.
Jasper10

Thu 15 Oct, 2020 07:19 am
@Frank Apisa,
What does it matter if one believes or doesn’t believe in God Frank?

Even a devil can believe in God. So whether one believes in God or not does not mean that one is right with that God.One can only HOPE in or not HOPE in the promises of that God and respond accordingly to those promises or REJECT those promises.

HOPE Frank...one day you might get it.
Frank Apisa

Thu 15 Oct, 2020 07:24 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

What does it matter if one believes or doesn’t believe in God Frank?

It doesn't matter at all. If you want to blindly guess there is a god...fine with me.

Quote:
Even a devil can believe in God. So whether one believes in God or not does not mean that one is right with that God.

As I said, if you want to blindly guess there is a god...fine with me.

Quote:
One can only HOPE in or not HOPE in the promises of that God and respond accordingly to those promises or REJECT those promises.

You keep saying that is all you can do.

But I have listed other things you can do...that does not include "hoping" of any kind.

Wake up.

Quote:
HOPE Frank...one day you might get it.

You are thick as a brick, Jasper.