How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

NealNealNeal

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 02:53 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank jumps to conclusions and guesses all the time especially about the God of the bible.He doesn’t factor in the devil at all (if he exists).He is absolutely clueless.
Jasper10

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 03:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Ok...thanks for clarifying that Frank.
NealNealNeal

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 03:03 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper,
The fact that people don't take into account the existence of Satan and the demons is a major problem.
"Man's religion" is based on ignoring the influence of Satan. They note that there have been "savior religions" without realizing that it is due to Satan's influence in the world. They refer to various god's without thinking about the "god of this world".
NealNealNeal

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 03:14 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
my guess is that the Bible is a self-serving history (of sorts) of the early Hebrew people.

I tend to believe Frank about his early religious experiences. That is why this statement is so mystifying. If he had read and comprehended the Bible, he could not escape the obvious truth that the Bible is unremittingly critical of the Hebrew people and especially their religious leaders.

Frank is a phony when it comes to his previous and current religious convictions. Truth is, like so many do, he gave up trying to understand God. I wish he would come clean about what made him do it.

Jasper10

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 03:20 pm
@NealNealNeal,
I agree that it is a major problem.What gets me is that unbelieving man is quite happy to accept that man is responsible for all the atrocities in the world as long as he doesn’t have to have a God.
NealNealNeal

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 03:25 pm
@Leadfoot,
Many people are "disappointed at God" for not answering their prayer or allowing a negative event to occur. They want a "Butler God" or a "nice grandfather God".
The true God expects people to worship Him. He is Holy and Righteous. People don't like that. So they pretend that man is "king of the world". This is exactly what Satan wants.
Frank probably was disappointed in God in some way. This is a common occurrence.
NealNealNeal

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 03:43 pm
@Jasper10,
Without God people are not responsible to anyone. They are not accountable for their actions. They don't realize that they are slaves to Satan.
The 2nd biggest shame is that they don't realize that they don't have to live in the frustration of a "dog eat dog world". The Holy Spirit gives Christians peace in a difficult world.
NealNealNeal

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 04:03 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Frank Sanatra sang "I did it my way". They want to be in control. This is true about Christians too. That is one reason why the sanctification process is necessary.
I don't blame people for being mad at God. I have accused God of being unfair lots of times.
I like the people on this board. They have reasons for their thinking and emotions.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 05:11 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Jasper10 wrote:

Frank jumps to conclusions and guesses all the time especially about the God of the bible.He doesn’t factor in the devil at all (if he exists).He is absolutely clueless.

You would go a long way toward seeming intelligent enough to tackle a difficult subject like this, Neal, if you were intelligent enough to tackle a relatively easy task like how to quote and comment on other posts.

Why not ask for help if you are not able to do it on your own?
Frank Apisa

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 05:13 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Ok...thanks for clarifying that Frank.

You are welcome, Jasper.

But since it is the same "clarification" that I have been giving consistently in this thread...and in countless other threads in this forum for the last two decades...I suspect you will ask a form of the question again.

You just do not get it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 05:26 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
my guess is that the Bible is a self-serving history (of sorts) of the early Hebrew people.

I tend to believe Frank about his early religious experiences. That is why this statement is so mystifying. If he had read and comprehended the Bible, he could not escape the obvious truth that the Bible is unremittingly critical of the Hebrew people and especially their religious leaders.

Yeah...the Bible is unremittingly critical of the Hebrew people.

For thou art a holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth. Deuteronomy 14:2

Hummm!

Quote:
Frank is a phony when it comes to his previous and current religious convictions. Truth is, like so many do, he gave up trying to understand God. I wish he would come clean about what made him do it.

I am not a phony about my previous and current stance on religion.

And I have "come clean" about why my stance has changed.

I GREW UP.

Essentially I did what Paul did. When I was a child I understood things as a child would, but when I grew up, I put away childish things.

When I grew up, I realized I did not know...and refused to make blind guesses about whether there was a god...and about the nature of any god that might exist.

You ought to try growing up yourself, Neal.

Frank Apisa

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 05:31 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Many people are "disappointed at God" for not answering their prayer or allowing a negative event to occur. They want a "Butler God" or a "nice grandfather God".
The true God expects people to worship Him. He is Holy and Righteous. People don't like that. So they pretend that man is "king of the world". This is exactly what Satan wants.
Frank probably was disappointed in God in some way. This is a common occurrence.

That is bullshit.

First of all, I am probably the luckiest man on the planet. Things just seem to work out for me. I am satisfied with the life I have lead...and the things that have gone wrong I accept as personal failings. I do not try to place blame for any of those things on any gods.

I never ask any gods to do favors for me...so I would never be disappointed that the god didn't do what I requested.

Only you people who make blind guesses that there is a god who does things for people if they pray...ever experience that kind of disappointment in a god.

Frank Apisa

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 05:32 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Without God people are not responsible to anyone. They are not accountable for their actions. They don't realize that they are slaves to Satan.
The 2nd biggest shame is that they don't realize that they don't have to live in the frustration of a "dog eat dog world". The Holy Spirit gives Christians peace in a difficult world.

Without gods...people ARE RESPONSIBLE to themselves.

That is what you holy rollers just do not get.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 06:05 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank...but I do "get it"...stop guessing all the time.

Why do you think that you "get it" when you haven't factored in the devil's influence (who might exist)?

Frank Apisa

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 06:34 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank...but I do "get it"...stop guessing all the time.

I do not guess about gods...you do. And you most assuredly do not get it!

Quote:
Why do you think that you "get it" when you haven't factored in the devil's influence (who might exist)?

There may be gods...and there may be devils...and both may influence what happens. I have said that clearly. Yet still you claim I have not factored that in.

What you want is for me to agree with your blind guess that there is a particular GOD...and a particular "devil."

That is because you are still thinking like a child.

You may grow up.

I'm doing my best to help you.

Jasper10

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:05 am
@Frank Apisa,
I don’t guess that a God exists Frank.I have told you that on numerous occasions.I HOPE that a God exists.

You just HOPE that the God of the bible, for example, doesn’t exist.Let’s move on from that Frank...when you catch up / “get it” finally, let us know.

When it comes to a devil that might exist...well...acknowledging that a God or a Devil may exist is admirable.....however even the devil (if he exists] could acknowledge that God exists.

Frank Apisa

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:22 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

I don’t guess that a God exists Frank.I have told you that on numerous occasions.I HOPE that a God exists.

I think you are a liar, Jasper. I am pretty sure you "believe" that a god exists...and a "belief" of that sort is nothing but a blind guess. So you do guess that a God exists.

But as I said, I think you are a liar.

By the way, as I have said earlier...there is nothing wrong with guessing. I guess quite often on many things. I do not make guesses on things like whether there are gods or not.

If you are saying "I do not believe there is a god"...my guess, based on all sorts of evidence, is that you are a liar.

Quote:
You just HOPE that the God of the bible, for example, doesn’t exist.Let’s move on from that Frank...when you catch up / “get it” finally, let us know.

Why don't you stop that "hope" bullshit. The only person you have a chance of fooling with that...IS YOU. And you have already done that.

Quote:
When it comes to a devil that might exist...well...acknowledging that a God or a Devil may exist is admirable.....however even the devil (if he exists] could acknowledge that God exists.

Whatever.

You were trying to be clever again.

I'd rather watch Trump trying to look honest.

Neither of you can pull it off...and attempts to do so are grating as fingernails raked down a chalkboard.
NealNealNeal

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

Jasper10 wrote:

You would go a long way toward seeming intelligent enough to tackle a difficult subject like this, Neal, if you were intelligent enough to tackle a relatively easy task like how to quote and comment on other posts.

Why not ask for help if you are not able to do it on your own?
0 Replies

Jasper10

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank ...I am not a liar...I can’t prove that a God exists therefore I can only HOPE that a God exists.

The HOPE thing isn’t “bull sh*t“ Frank.It’s all any of us have.As I said previously, when you catch up/“get it” let us know.

I’m not trying to be clever at all.
NealNealNeal

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
You are absolutely correct. I just don't know if anyone would want to help me. I am autistic and my experience is that people are far more willing to criticize me than to provide assistance.