How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 09:55 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Illogical???? I have already tried to explain the foolishness of trying to retrospectively blame a God for something when one has already decided he doesn't exist .i.e. an Atheist ????

Also, it doesn't matter if Atheists???? say we are not going to believe in a God (if he exists) because he is evil. If he exists... he exists. What does the Atheists???? opinion matter? Who says he is evil anyway? That's just a GUESS sorry HOPE.

Jasper, you make almost no sense at all in your posts.

I know you think you do.

Fine.

BUT YOU DO NOT.

And you do not listen to what others write.

Yes, when you are at your best you are illogical. When you are not at your best, you are barely coherent.
Jasper10

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:17 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yeah ok Frank...you guess too much Frank.
izzythepush

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:19 am
@Jasper10,
No he doesn’t.
Jasper10

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:25 am
@izzythepush,
Frank jumps to conclusions and guesses all the time especially about the God of the bible.He doesn’t factor in the devil at all (if he exists).He is absolutely clueless.
Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:27 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Yeah ok Frank...you guess too much Frank.

No, I do not guess too much.

And I try to stay away from guessing at things that are nothing more than a coin flip.

YOU guess...and don't have the ethical wherewithal to acknowledge that is what you are doing.

Let's have a real conversation about religion...one where you are honest about your position.

It won't hurt. I promise.
Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:28 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

No he doesn’t.

Thank you, Izzy.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:33 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank jumps to conclusions and guesses all the time especially about the God of the bible.

I have some opinions about the god described in the Bible. Almost none of them are guesses...they are opinions. The god described in the Bible is not a very nice being...and (here is a guess!) my guess is that the Bible is a self-serving history (of sorts) of the early Hebrew people...a relatively unsophisticated, unknowledgeable, superstitious people who had many enemies in the areas where they lived. Their enemies worshiped barbarous, vengeful, wrathful, unforgiving, demanding, murderous, petty gods. And to protect themselves from those gods, they invented an especially barbarous, vengeful, wrathful, unforgiving, demanding, murderous, petty god...and worshiped it.

Quote:
He doesn’t factor in the devil at all (if he exists).He is absolutely clueless.

How would you suggest I "factor in" the "devil?"
izzythepush

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
It’s not just the ethical wherewithal, it’s the depth of knowledge.

There’s none and the individual concerned seems to revel in their ignorance.
Jasper10

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
Why are you asking me how to factor in the devil?

I thought you had got it all nailed down ?
Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:49 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Why are you asking me how to factor in the devil?

Because you are the one saying that I am not. Just want to know how "factoring in the devil" would look.

Quote:
I thought you had got it all nailed down ?

You "THOUGHT?"

C'mon!

Anyway...give me some idea of how you suppose I should be factoring in "the devil." Give me some idea of what it would look like.

Or don't...if your comment was just more bullshit.
Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:51 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It’s not just the ethical wherewithal, it’s the depth of knowledge.

There’s none and the individual concerned seems to revel in their ignorance.

I'm not sure of what his game is.

He sounds as though he wants to discuss something, but unless you buy into all his suppositions, nothing stays on the tracks.

If he could come up with just one substantive declaration...and debate it, it might be interesting.
izzythepush

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
And the conversation goes round in circles.

The most annoying thing is, he thinks he’s really clever, in Southampton we call people like that dinlos. You can google it if you want, but you probably work out what it means without any help.

While we’re talking about local vernacular, when I lived in Kent we used to call wasps jaspers.

Not heard it used in that context outside of Kent mind.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 12:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank...do you at least accept that the devil might exist and if he does he may have an influence in this world and on us in more ways than we know?
izzythepush

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 01:21 pm
@Jasper10,
Only if you accept be might be using your mouth as a lavatory.
Jasper10

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 01:31 pm
@izzythepush,
Ok Izzythepush...please explain?
Leadfoot

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 01:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
my guess is that the Bible is a self-serving history (of sorts) of the early Hebrew people.

I tend to believe Frank about his early religious experiences. That is why this statement is so mystifying. If he had read and comprehended the Bible, he could not escape the obvious truth that the Bible is unremittingly critical of the Hebrew people and especially their religious leaders.

Frank is a phony when it comes to his previous and current religious convictions. Truth is, like so many do, he gave up trying to understand God. I wish he would come clean about what made him do it.

izzythepush

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 01:42 pm
@Jasper10,
Life’s too short.
Jasper10

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 01:44 pm
@izzythepush,
Ok,thanks for the explanation izzythepush.
izzythepush

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 02:06 pm
@Jasper10,
You’re confusing a reason with an explanation.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 02:48 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank...do you at least accept that the devil might exist and if he does he may have an influence in this world and on us in more ways than we know?

Are you insane or just stupid?

OF COURSE I ACCEPT THAT A DEVIL MIGHT EXIST THAT MIGHT HAVE INFLUENCE IN THIS WORLD.

OF COURSE I ACCEPT THAT THERE MIGHT BE A GOD THAT MIGHT HAVE INFLUENCE OVER THIS WORLD.

How many more times does that have to be said for you finally to get it through your thick skull?

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT EXISTS OR DOES NOT EXIST ON THAT SCALE...AND I DO NOT KNOW WHAT INFLUENCE ANYTHING THAT MIGHT EXIST ON THAT SCALE HAS ON THE WORLD!

And I do not make stupid blind guesses about any of those things.