How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Jasper10

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 04:23 am
@izzythepush,
Why would I want to look at other Gospels if I am happy with the bible's Gospels? As I have already said I am struggling to find fault with the bible's gospels without complicating matters further. Read Revelation 22:18.

I have merely pointed out a stupid logic. What is wrong with that? Why do you have such an issue with it?

Whether you believe it or not, the bible says we are ALL responsible for nailing Jesus to the cross.

He died for the sins of the whole world.1 John 2:2

knaivete

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 04:33 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
the florist to nail Jesus back on the cross

izzythepush

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 04:35 am
@knaivete,
Bloody spell check.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 04:38 am
@Jasper10,
Why would you want to think for yourself when you’re perfectly happy to be told what to do by snake oil salesmen like Jimmy Swaggart.

You asked for examples of you not giving a **** what God thinks. I gave them to you.
izzythepush

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 04:40 am
@knaivete,
I could try making a quip about red hot pokers devils’s claws or even vegetable sheep, but the damage has already been done.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 04:55 am
@izzythepush,
I do think for myself and I do care what God thinks...why would you think otherwise?

Which SALESMAN have you been listening to?

Jasper10

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 05:27 am
@Jasper10,
The problem is that many people only see themselves as 2 off reasonings.

These 2 off reasonings can agree that God exists.
These 2 off reasonings can agree that God doesn't exist.
These 2 off reasonings can disagree on whether he exists or not.

No proof will be given to either reasonings as to whether God exists or not..

Duality (double minded thinking) is everyone's issue.

ALL arguments for the existence or non existence of God can be countered therefore no matter what clever statements anyone comes up with.

They will be countered.

We therefore only have HOPE in something.

Watch out what you think therefore.
izzythepush

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 05:58 am
@Jasper10,
If you were capable of thinking for yourself you wouldn’t be going round and round in circles repeating the same thing over and over again.

Nobody is disputing that you cannot prove or dispute the existence of God. It’s obvious, yet you treat common knowledge like it’s some sort of epiphany. You then repeat it ad nauseam because you’re incapable of talking about anything else.
Jasper10

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 06:17 am
@izzythepush,
It is what it is izzythepush...some people get it first time...others need telling repeated times...others never get it.

Some understand the meaning from a Godly perspective...others understand the meaning from an Ungodly perspective.

We all choose at the end of the day what we HOPE in.
izzythepush

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 06:26 am
@Jasper10,
More repetitive mindless drivel.
Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 06:29 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

We have already been talking about abortion. ;-).

The invitation holds if you change your mind. The notion of opposition to abortion as a "Christian" perspective is suspect, to say the least.

Quote:
Let's change the subject. Frank, did you really participate in the Mass at the Vatican? If so, please describe the experience.

Yes I did. I was in the Air Force...and about 20 of us went TDY to Rome and Naples with the base chaplain. He had obtained permission to say Mass at St. Peter's...and I served at the Mass. It was incredible...and although I am now agnostic, I still consider it one of the most significant memories of my life. Later in the Day we travelled to Castel Gandolfo (summer residence of the Pontiff) for a general audience with Pius XII which also is a significant memory.

Later in the year I served as an acolyte in a High Mass offered for the American military in the UK by the Catholic Primate (a Cardinal whose name does not come to mind right now) of England. Acolyte is one of the minor orders of priesthood...and normally is not something undertaken by a layperson.

I was really into religion at the time...and seriously considered a vocation as a priest.
Jasper10

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 06:35 am
@izzythepush,
Well I did say that there are those that never get it.....
Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 06:36 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

The problem is that many people only see themselves as 2 off reasonings.

These 2 off reasonings can agree that God exists.
These 2 off reasonings can agree that God doesn't exist.
These 2 off reasonings can disagree on whether he exists or not.

No proof will be given to either reasonings as to whether God exists or not..

Duality (double minded thinking) is everyone's issue.

ALL arguments for the existence or non existence of God can be countered therefore no matter what clever statements anyone comes up with.

They will be countered.

We therefore only have HOPE in something.

Watch out what you think therefore.

Horseshit.

What you do is to blindly guess one way or the other...

...or choose not to guess.

I choose not to guess. You have chosen to blindly guess there is a god; that the god is described in the Bible; that the god demands all sorts of things from humans; that the god is filled with rage if humans to not meet these demands; that the god will punish those who do not meet them...and all sorts of other things.

Your blind guesses rule you.

I suspect you realize this and have invented this "HOPE" nonsense to hide from the truth.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 06:36 am
@Jasper10,
Were you looking in a mirror at the time?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 06:37 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

It is what it is izzythepush...some people get it first time...others need telling repeated times...others never get it.

Some understand the meaning from a Godly perspective...others understand the meaning from an Ungodly perspective.

We all choose at the end of the day what we HOPE in.

You do not choose what we HOPE for (interesting choice of the word "in" there)...you blindly guess one way or the other.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 06:38 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Well I did say that there are those that never get it.....

Do not be discouraged, Jasper. Stick with the conversation...and you may eventually get it.
Jasper10

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 07:25 am
@Frank Apisa,
Hi Frank...come on... many people know about Nihilism...that's what it's all about at the end of the day...double minded thinking and how we all see Nihilism.

I personally see myself as separate from these 2 off reasonings. That's the key.

I know me and you have a stand off with the words GUESS and HOPE...that's ok.
Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 07:40 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:
Hi Frank...come on... many people know about Nihilism...that's what it's all about at the end of the day...double minded thinking and how we all see Nihilism.

I personally see myself as separate from these 2 off reasonings. That's the key.

I know me and you have a stand off with the words GUESS and HOPE...that's ok.

No need for me to ask you about this, Jasper. You are the one who is confused...or just kidding yourself.

YOU have BLINDLY GUESSED that there is a god...and have blindly guessed that the god has all those properties I mentioned earlier.

Now you want to pretend it is HOPE.

It isn't.

In the meantime, I do not guess either way on the question...and I do not HOPE, despite your insistence that "hope" is all we can do.

Continue down this illogical path you have carved out for yourself if you must. You do seem to see it as a lifeline of some sort.

In the meantime, if you insist on trying to peddle it here, several of us will continue to discuss how illogical you are being.
NealNealNeal

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 08:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
I agree that opposition to abortion is not mainly a religious issue. It is a human rights issue. The Preborn baby is denied his/her basic human right to live. In many cases the baby is tortured.
I am glad to hear about your experiences at the Vatican.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 09:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
Illogical???? I have already tried to explain the foolishness of trying to retrospectively blame a God for something when one has already decided he doesn't exist .i.e. an Atheist ????

Also, it doesn't matter if Atheists???? say we are not going to believe in a God (if he exists) because he is evil. If he exists... he exists. What does the Atheists???? opinion matter? Who says he is evil anyway? That's just a GUESS sorry HOPE.