How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

NealNealNeal

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 11:14 am
@izzythepush,
If you live in England, my point does not apply directly to you
My point is that the settlers and founding fathers wanted freedom of religion. They did not want any government interference of their religious rights.
In America, there have been attempts to restrict these religious rights. This is in direct opposition of what our founding fathers wanted.
izzythepush

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 11:19 am
@NealNealNeal,
We had that over here, it’s a bogus argument to glorify the slaughter of the better part of a continent.

And you needn’t tell me the British Empire was pretty shitty, I know it is, that’s why I don’t try to glorify it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 11:45 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

My point is that the settlers and founding fathers wanted freedom of religion. They did not want any government interference of their religious rights.
In America, there have been attempts to restrict these religious rights. This is in direct opposition of what our founding fathers wanted.

Our founding fathers also wanted slavery to be legal, Neal, for white land-owners to be able to buy, sell, and possess slaves.

We realized that was a bunch of horseshit...and gave it a well-deserved deep six. A lot of us, more than you might suspect, also want freedom FROM religion...which is what the founding fathers ought to have been aiming for.

I do not want to infringe on your right to pursue the religion of your choice. I just don't want your religious convictions to determine what I must do or not do.

I expect your religious convictions to influence how you vote...and what legislation you favor. That is fine with me. But it is time for you and your fellow "religious" folk to grant those of us not into religion that same freedom.

NealNealNeal

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 02:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

Our founding fathers also wanted slavery to be legal, Neal, for white land-owners to be able to buy, sell, and possess slaves.

We realized that was a bunch of horseshit...and gave it a well-deserved deep six. A lot of us, more than you might suspect, also want freedom FROM religion...which is what the founding fathers ought to have been aiming for.

I do not want to infringe on your right to pursue the religion of your choice. I just don't want your religious convictions to determine what I must do or not do.

I expect your religious convictions to influence how you vote...and what legislation you favor. That is fine with me. But it is time for you and your fellow "religious" folk to grant those of us not into religion that same freedom.

NealNealNeal

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 02:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Two points Frank:
When people want to do horrible things to a group of people they sometimes deny the worth of their victims. This includes:
Slavery--- Blacks are only a fraction of a person
Naziism--- Jews are inferior to Germans
Abortion--- Preborn babies are not really human. Margeret Sanger believed that society should limit the amount of "inferior people" in existence.

Black lives matter, including Preborn black lives.
NealNealNeal

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 03:15 pm
@NealNealNeal,
(2) I see your point. All Americans have the right to vote and try to persuade other people to their point of view. They also have the right to live their lives as they see fit. This includes believing something that others strongly disagree with.
izzythepush

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 03:33 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Don’t have an abortion then, but you’ve got no right telling a woman what she can do with her body. I’m glad I live in a country where women aren’t persecuted by religious maniacs.

So much concern for the unborn child, none whatsoever for the born child. The NRA can blow them away in school shootings and if poor children’s parents don’t have any money they can die from preventable diseases.

It’s disgusting, and it’s rank hypocrisy.
NealNealNeal

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 04:58 pm
@izzythepush,
Society does not allow the murder of other people. It should not allow the murder of Preborn babies.
The Second Amendment gives citizens the right to bear arms. I am neutral on the NRA.
Christianity is concerned about the lives of all people, whether rich or poor no matter where they live.
izzythepush

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 05:01 pm
@NealNealNeal,
We’re talking about a few cells. You have no right controlling someone else’s body.

Your second amendment results in the murder of thousands of children every year. Why don’t you care about them, or the children murdered by your healthcare system?
Jasper10

Sat 10 Oct, 2020 01:10 am
@NealNealNeal,
According to the bible we can have our religion or not have our religion.Revelation 12:11..

Surely, the question we should consider is...how long will God (if he exists) allow man with his “No God” and all the atrocities that man has committed throughout history continue along this path?
Jasper10

Sat 10 Oct, 2020 01:35 am
@Jasper10,
Apologies revelation 22:11...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 10 Oct, 2020 02:25 am
@NealNealNeal,
You excuse the murder of children by stating the second amendment. How very sanguine, yet when it comes to legal abortions you use emotive terms like murder.

We think that murdering children is wrong which is why we don’t have disgusting legislation like the child murdering second amendment.

Nobody is in favour of abortion, if you make it illegal, you just drive it underground which results in the deaths of the women, more pain and suffering.

That’s what it’s about, more pain and suffering and misery for poor people. Don’t pretend you give an actual **** about the lives of people.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 10 Oct, 2020 02:26 am
@Jasper10,
You can believe whatever you want, you can’t force those beliefs on other people which is what you’re arguing for.
Jasper10

Sat 10 Oct, 2020 02:36 am
@izzythepush,
I am absolutely not forcing ANYTHING on ANYONE.

This has come out of YOUR mind.

I am merely pointing out that YOU can’t PROVE anything.... you are therefore trying to force your belief systems on other people which is what you are arguing for.
izzythepush

Sat 10 Oct, 2020 03:24 am
@Jasper10,
You are claiming your religion is under attack when you mean things like laws allowing safe terminations.

That is not your religion being attacked, that’s you trying to force your beliefs on other people.
Jasper10

Sat 10 Oct, 2020 04:05 am
@izzythepush,
Izzythepush...the title for this post is...How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?...Your religion may be right.Now don’t get saying you haven’t got a religion because you have if you claim there is no God when you haven’t a clue whether there is or isn’t.You can believe all that you like ...that there is no God...but you can’t PROVE it.So you are unsure and therefore not an atheist at all.Atheists (??) think they can say they don’t believe in any religion and that’s it....YEAH AND??? Do you think that God (if he exists) CARES what anyone thinks in this regard? I’m not trying to force anything on anyone I’m merely pointing this possibility out.
izzythepush

Sat 10 Oct, 2020 04:15 am
@Jasper10,
You’ve not answered the point I made which is hardly surprising. That has been your M.O. ever since you joined, ignore difficult questions and change the subject.
Jasper10

Sat 10 Oct, 2020 04:28 am
@izzythepush,
We can only HOPE in our beliefs...that is all we have.I have put my arguments forward in previous posts as to the foolishness of claiming there is no God.If one claims there is no God and never has been a God or ever will be...we are without excuse if there is...
izzythepush

Sat 10 Oct, 2020 05:14 am
@Jasper10,
Still avoiding the point. I’ll make it easy for you, should women be able to access legal terminations? A simple yes or no will suffice.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 10 Oct, 2020 05:17 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

Yes, I did post that.
0 Replies