How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

NealNealNeal

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 03:21 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

I think you mean the blind faith SECULAR scientists...they see what they want to see and deceive themselves...
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 03:29 pm
@Jasper10,
That is a major point.
How biased are people? I have found that, especially in modern times people are so biased that they refuse to accept the truth in order to fit their biased opinions.
izzythepush

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 03:32 pm
@NealNealNeal,
That sounds like you. You ignore evidence and facts in favour of superstition.

It’s already been established you have no regard for the truth.
NealNealNeal

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 03:46 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy
You denied that Matthew "allegedly knew Jesus". That is absolutely false.
How can any discussion be made with someone who doesn't know that Matthew was at least "allegedly" one of Jesus' disciples?
izzythepush

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 03:49 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Rubbish, look at Wikipedia, what you are pushing is your own narrative and to hell with the facts.

You seem to think that the truth is anything you pull out of your arse.
NealNealNeal

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 03:55 pm
@izzythepush,
You proved Jasper's point. People like you will deny the obvious.
izzythepush

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 04:03 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Is that the same Jasper who refuses to read the Gospel of Thomas, or any non canonical gospels, not to mention the Apocrypha and the Dead Sea Scrolls?

His point is don’t think for yourself let some cleric tell you what to do.

That’s all well and good for stupid people who use long words that they don’t understand in a failed attempt to sound erudite, but those of us who have had an actual education prefer to look at the evidence.

Don’t you have a gun and support the NRA? The organisation committed to school shootings?

Why do people like you want more Sandy Hook atrocities? What do you get out of it?
NealNealNeal

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 04:39 pm
@izzythepush,
Mathew is one of the disciples that Jesus "allegedly" chose. In Matthew,. Mark, and Luke he is definitely listed, It is ludicrous to deny that.
The Dead Sea Scrolls are very early documents of parts of the OT. It was used to show how accurate our present version is to the original manuscripts. It is too fragile for any common person to have direct access to.
I will allow Jasper to explain his thoughts on the "Gospel of Thomas"
izzythepush

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 04:57 pm
@NealNealNeal,
What you’re suggesting is ludicrous. It’s a fringe opinion held by religious extremists, no serious Biblical scholar gives it time of day.

I’ve just sussed who you remind me of. Have you seen the film Roxanne with Steve Martin? At one point the object of Roxanne’s attentions loses his earpiece and has to wing it. Roxanne uses a polysyllabic word, I can’t remember what exactly it was a long time since I’ve seen the film. Anyway, he takes that word and runs with it, repeating it over and over again.

That’s like you. The last person who tried to impress me with that word was a twelve year sentence led girl in an English class. She asked me what it meant and I spent the next ten minutes deconstructing the word for the whole class. She didn’t do it again.

It’s one thing a twelve year old girl trying to impress with a word like antidisestablishmentarianism, it’s another thing for a grown man to do it, especially when he doesn’t know the meaning.

0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 05:04 pm
@NealNealNeal,
On the political subjects:
(1) I was merely pointed out that our founding fathers did not want a "Bloody Mary" on our shores. A large majority of them were more than willing to have the Ten Commandments posted in government buildings. In fact, it was generally accepted by Americans until fairly recently.
(2) It was only about 6 months ago that I bought a gun. The reason for this is for protection in case leftists succeed in getting rid of law and order. This is yet another example of crazy leftists pushing moderates to more conservative positions because of sheer disgust with the ideas of these "progressives".
I was once a Democratic. However, the leaders of this party are so far to the left, it is rediculous.
izzythepush

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 05:10 pm
@NealNealNeal,
You’re talking ****. The first settlers arrived during the reign of James I. Prior to that it was Elizabeth.

Your founding fathers wanted to butcher the indigenous population and steal their land.

You say Bloody Mary like some sort of mantra, but you clearly know as much about History as you do about long words.
izzythepush

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 05:11 pm
@NealNealNeal,
You no longer believe in Democracy?

That figures.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 11:55 pm
@NealNealNeal,
He promised to never do it again.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 01:08 am
@izzythepush,
The American Revolution happened during the reign of George III, one of the most unassuming monarchs we’d ever had. He was affectionately known as Farmer George because of his simple living.

Between Mary I and George III there were nine monarchs, including Charles I who had his head cut off by Parliament, and his son James II who was deposed in the Glorious Revolution.

Those two events alone were enough to curb the powers of the monarch and ensure that Mary II would never be anything like her namesake.
Jasper10

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 01:17 am
@izzythepush,
Superstition!!!...Secular scientist are slowly giving up on the debate with creationist because they KNOW that the scientific EVIDENCE fits better with the biblical account...READ up on the stuff instead of spouting nonsense all the the time.
They found red blood cells and skin tissue on dinosaur bones a few years ago.You don’t hear too much about that do you...Why? because it challenges the SECULAR scientist belief systems.Millions and Millions of years ....yeah....ok...LOL
izzythepush

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 01:23 am
@Jasper10,
I am not feeding your delusions.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 01:37 am
@Jasper10,
I’m not interested in the Gospel of Thomas or the book of the dead...because I’m still having major trouble with finding fault with the bible!!! I don’t need to complicate matters.It doesn’t matter what I think..To me anyway....it’s what this God thinks that I HOPE in that matters.My logic says that if I love him or hate him is irrelevant if he EXISTS.

If he exists what does it matter if I hate him?
nacredambition

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 06:08 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
I’m still having major trouble with finding fault with the bible!!!

I don’t need to complicate matters.

It doesn’t matter what I think.

0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 08:56 am
@izzythepush,
I will make one last attempt with you Izzy:
Is it possible that there is a link between the Establishment Clause in the American first amendment and disESTABLISHMENTarianism in the thought of Englishmen?
izzythepush

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 09:40 am
@NealNealNeal,
I don’t’ know what you mean, you seem to have your own concepts of history and language that seem to bear very little resemblance to reality.

We’re not a religious people, and our monarch is little more than a figurehead.

We’ve also got universal health care and sensible gun laws, no school shootings over here.