How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Frank Apisa

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 10:58 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

In our man-centered world, it is hard for people to understand that people were created dependent of God.
God receives glory from rescuing people from their difficulties. This occurred repeatedly in the O.T. Jesus told His followers to "abide in Him".
God does not evolve. His revelation of Himself to man does evolve. However, God remains the same
God does not make mistakes.

Those are some interesting blind guesses.

I thank you for them.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 11:03 am
@NealNealNeal,
G*d admitted to least three mistakes I can think of
1. The Flood.
2. Asking Abraham to sacrifice Issac.
3. He went from being the G*d of the OT to the G*d of the NT. He certainly evolved, as a result of that mistake.
NealNealNeal

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 03:53 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

G*d admitted to least three mistakes I can think of
1. The Flood.
2. Asking Abraham to sacrifice Issac.
3. He went from being the G*d of the OT to the G*d of the NT. He certainly evolved, as a result of that mistake.
NealNealNeal

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 04:11 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Asking Abraham to kill Isaac was a major test of Abraham's faith. God did not make a mistake.
God wanted a personal relationship with various people or peoples in the O.T. Enoch walked with God. Covenants were made with various people. God established a "marriage relationship" with Israel.
In the N.T. Jesus established the Church.
What makes you think that God said that the flood was a mistake?
bobsal u1553115

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 05:10 pm
@NealNealNeal,
For one thing he promised to never do it again.
ekename

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 06:40 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
It's a sure sign from heaven that a topic is awash with soap once the flood is mentioned.

Is getting an answer to where all the water on this planet came from like getting blood from a stone?

Under the three strikes rule we can now be certain that all religions are wrong.
Jasper10

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 02:35 am
@ekename,
Read the bible ..it does give an explanation.....and don't come back and say PROVE it....please!!...we've moved on from that boring debate remember.......well some have.

The bible says you can't please God without FAITH....

FORGET PROOF!!!!! Wanting proof all the time is what keeps one trapped in one's dualistic thoughts and reasonings....

It's the "I am" that's important....If you were to never think again...ever.... does your CONSCIOUSNESS/AWARENESS tell you that you would then not EXIST? If so, WHY?

The "I am" walks by FAITH not PROOF...

One is NOT a thought or reasoning one way or the other....as in.... is there a God? ...Isn't there a God? SELF just gets embroiled within these thoughts and reasonings...SELF needs separating from thoughts and reasonings.

Hebrews 4:12

One can still HOPE in one's NO GOD at the end of it if one wishes....Personally I don't like the idea of HOPING in this NO GOD who is BLAMELESS myself....

Frank Apisa

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 04:13 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Asking Abraham to kill Isaac was a major test of Abraham's faith. God did not make a mistake.
God wanted a personal relationship with various people or peoples in the O.T. Enoch walked with God. Covenants were made with various people. God established a "marriage relationship" with Israel.
In the N.T. Jesus established the Church.
What makes you think that God said that the flood was a mistake?

Paul...established the church. Jesus was essentially a minor player in the production. Eliminate Jesus from the narrative...you still have a church. Eliminate Paul...and we'd still be dealing with Zeus or one of the other characters.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 04:23 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Read the bible ..it does give an explanation.....and don't come back and say PROVE it....please!!...we've moved on from that boring debate remember.......well some have.

The bible says you can't please God without FAITH....

FORGET PROOF!!!!! Wanting proof all the time is what keeps one trapped in one's dualistic thoughts and reasonings....

It's the "I am" that's important....If you were to never think again...ever.... does your CONSCIOUSNESS/AWARENESS tell you that you would then not EXIST? If so, WHY?

The "I am" walks by FAITH not PROOF...

One is NOT a thought or reasoning one way or the other....as in.... is there a God? ...Isn't there a God? SELF just gets embroiled within these thoughts and reasonings...SELF needs separating from thoughts and reasonings.

Hebrews 4:12

One can still HOPE in one's NO GOD at the end of it if one wishes....Personally I don't like the idea of HOPING in this NO GOD who is BLAMELESS myself....

Ya don't need the Bible to tell you that. The only way to please that god...is to insist it exists...and kiss its ass.

And you'd better do some first-class ass kissing, because when you do not "please" that god, you piss it off mightily.

What does the god do if you piss it off?

Condemns you to be tortured horribly for the rest of eternity!

What a monster!

And you poor folk have to pretend you love it...rather than a scared shitless about it.

https://media.tenor.com/images/f7da1d107ad55694d49b4a644b0e0c23/tenor.gif
Jasper10

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 04:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank..I am merely pointing out what the bible says.

Your opinions may be right they may be wrong...Can you please provide PROOF of your GUESSES...
izzythepush

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 05:12 am
@Jasper10,
Without any awareness of how the Bible was composed.
Frank Apisa

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 05:16 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank..I am merely pointing out what the bible says.

Your opinions may be right they may be wrong...Can you please provide PROOF of your GUESSES...

"The Bible" doesn't "say" anything.

It merely reports what some humans had to say about things. Some of the things said are useful...some suck. None definitely are the words of a god...even though some people want to suppose that to be the case.
izzythepush

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 05:21 am
@Frank Apisa,
Even the Koran makes no such claims. It claims the words were recited by the Archangel Gabriel to an illiterate man. God was definitely on the back seat.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 05:39 am
@izzythepush,
Izzythepush...Are we going to fall out again? I HOPE not.

I keep repeating ……..how can you make any accusations against a GOD that doesn't exist? You can try if you want. If he doesn't exist he is blameless. It doesn't matter how many accusations there are throughout history. If he doesn't exist.... he doesn't exist.

One can always HOPE that one's accusations stick concerning the GOD that might EXIST.

Whether we like that God or not is irrelevant.

Jasper10

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 05:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank...Provide evidence to back up your claims...You are guessing again....
Jasper10

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:09 am
@Jasper10,
Izzythepush...I have done it again ...I DON'T MEAN YOU.....personally.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:11 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank...Provide evidence to back up your claims...You are guessing again....

How the hell am I guessing?

Why do you not quote what you are disagreeing with? I have asked that of you several times...and I make sure to quote you each time I respond.

Do you realize you have nothing?

Quote what I said that you deem wrong...or that you suppose (erroneously) that I have to provide evidence for.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:12 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Izzythepush...Are we going to fall out again? I HOPE not.

I keep repeating ……..how can you make any accusations against a GOD that doesn't exist? You can try if you want. If he doesn't exist he is blameless. It doesn't matter how many accusations there are throughout history. If he doesn't exist.... he doesn't exist.

One can always HOPE that one's accusations stick concerning the GOD that might EXIST.

Whether we like that God or not is irrelevant.

What are you raving about here?

You can make an accusation against Winnie the Pooh if you want.

Why do you keep insisting you cannot?
izzythepush

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 06:37 am
@Jasper10,
I’ve pointed out that you make claims about the Bible without knowing the first thing about how it was constructed. You didn’t even know that the 10 commandments first appeared in the Egyptian Book Of The Dead.

The Bible is full of contradictions because it was written by men. What constitutes the Bible is political, men decided which gospels to include and which part of the Torah.

It was done so the Romans could control the population with a state religion. They failed on the first attempt with Sol Invictus, but succeeded with Christianity.

You don’t seem to be interested in truth, all you do is repeat dogma with very little thought about why it’s dogma.

There’s not much point in debating with someone with scant regard for the truth.
Jasper10

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 08:09 am
@izzythepush,
Thanks for you opinion izzythepush...We had that debate yes..I think I summarized my opinion as ..it is called the book of the dead for a reason...