How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Jasper10

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 11:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
So you accept that all atrocities throughout history are down to man but you are not sure if a God exists or not.

ok, so if God does exists, do you think your opinion above would change?

Would you then start BLAMING this God?

izzythepush

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 11:39 am
@Jasper10,
How can one receive an epiphany which means they know God exists for certain without knowing the background.

What are God’s circumstances? Are there any restraints?

I would say that if the story of the slaying of the first born is true,God should be more than blamed, he should be condemned.
Jasper10

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 11:55 am
@izzythepush,
So one might start BLAMING God then if he exists depending upon the circumstances.

This tells me that whether a God exists or not does have a direct connection to BLAME.

izzythepush

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 12:27 pm
@Jasper10,
Blame is a bit of an abstract concept, it’s personal. It’s not a quantitive figure dished out by the cosmos.

I think your focus on blame is a bit of a cul de sac, it’s not furthering debate.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 12:33 pm
@izzythepush,
I've been known to do the hammer/thumb dance. It must have worked: I can't find a hammer in any of my tool boxes. The dance was brisk, the lyrics unrepeatable, though my neighbors avoided me for quite a while after each performance. Maybe they stole my damn hammers?

More likely I had a son who only understood half of the borrow/return cycle.
Frank Apisa

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 12:53 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

So you accept that all atrocities throughout history are down to man but you are not sure if a God exists or not.

Learn to read, Jasper. Quote what you are going to contest. If you make stuff up and contest what you invent...what does it avail you?

Quote:

ok, so if God does exists, do you think your opinion above would change?

Quote my opinion, Jasper. Quote my opinion...then ask that question.

Quote:
Would you then start BLAMING this God?

Same as above.

[/quote]
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 12:54 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
This is quite involved, the music and colours of the flags/ribbons varies from each of the affected parties and only works if it captures the character of the spider that bit them.

In the 16th Century rich people would hire musicians specifically while peasants had to make do with what was playing in the town square.
Frank Apisa

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 12:54 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

How can one receive an epiphany which means they know God exists for certain without knowing the background.

What are God’s circumstances? Are there any restraints?

I would say that if the story of the slaying of the first born is true,God should be more than blamed, he should be condemned.

If the slaying of the first born is correct...the god should be locked up like Hannibal Lecter in a mental hospital.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 01:39 pm
@izzythepush,
More than I am willing to invest in!
0 Replies

Jasper10

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 01:17 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank...If the God of the bible doesn't exist and has never existed he can't be BLAMED for anything, clearly.

-We can't prove that he exists or doesn't exist.
-We can only HOPE that he exists or doesn't exist.
-We know that we don't know whether he exists or not.

The question is, if the God of the bible does exist and has always existed, can he be BLAMED for anything?

If so, how much?

Is any proportion of the blame down to man and the devil?

I'm not guessing on the first point by the way...unless you think otherwise.

Frank Apisa

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 04:24 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank...If the God of the bible doesn't exist and has never existed he can't be BLAMED for anything, clearly.

-We can't prove that he exists or doesn't exist.
-We can only HOPE that he exists or doesn't exist.
-We know that we don't know whether he exists or not.

The question is, if the God of the bible does exist and has always existed, can he be BLAMED for anything?

If so, how much?

Is any proportion of the blame down to man and the devil?

I'm not guessing on the first point by the way...unless you think otherwise.

So...you are not guessing on:

"...If the God of the bible doesn't exist and has never existed he can't be BLAMED for anything..."

Hummm.

So you must be certain the god does exist...or you are wrong, because the god HAS BEEN BLAMED for all sorts of stuff...

...WHETHER IT EXISTS OR NOT.

So...do you want to reword that bit of brilliance?
Jasper10

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 05:24 am
@Frank Apisa,
I've read my post again Frank...and no I don't want to change anything..
Frank Apisa

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 05:52 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

I've read my post again Frank...and no I don't want to change anything..

Okay...then I disagree with you.

And you should disagree with yourself.
Jasper10

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 05:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
Okay...then I disagree with you.

And you should disagree with yourself.

Let's agree to disagree.....
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 08:45 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank,
You say that there may be a god.
What gives man the right to stand in judgement of this god?
It is silliness to the extreme.
Frank Apisa

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 08:48 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Frank,
You say that there may be a god.

Yes, there may be a god.

Quote:
What gives man the right to stand in judgement of this god?

I don't know.

The god?

The god seems to ask to be judged.

Quote:
It is silliness to the extreme.

The "worship" thing is silly, Neal. Any god that wants to be "worshiped"...is not worthy of worship.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 09:55 am
@NealNealNeal,
Free will and the G*d given ability to criticize. What are most prayers but back handed criticism of bad things that were felt to be acts of "god" with pleading for deliverance from those bad things.

G*d Listens. An incomplete understanding of whose responsibility any particular disastrous event belongs is to be expected from the imperfect beings we are.

But G*d listens, G*d evolves, too. G*d recognizes his mistakes, and admits his mistake, too.
NealNealNeal

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 10:34 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Free will and the G*d given ability to criticize. What are most prayers but back handed criticism of bad things that were felt to be acts of "god" with pleading for deliverance from those bad things.

G*d Listens. An incomplete understanding of whose responsibility any particular disastrous event belongs is to be expected from the imperfect beings we are.

But G*d listens, G*d evolves, too. G*d recognizes his mistakes, and admits his mistake, too.
NealNealNeal

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 10:47 am
@NealNealNeal,
In our man-centered world, it is hard for people to understand that people were created dependent of God.
God receives glory from rescuing people from their difficulties. This occurred repeatedly in the O.T. Jesus told His followers to "abide in Him".
God does not evolve. His revelation of Himself to man does evolve. However, God remains the same
God does not make mistakes.
NealNealNeal

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 10:53 am
@NealNealNeal,
By the way, I am getting closer to accurately post other people's quotes. Thank you all for your patience with me in this regard.
0 Replies