How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

InfraBlue

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 02:11 pm
@Jasper10,
God is against murder, but goes and commits murders himself, e.g. Job's servants.
Jasper10

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 02:40 pm
@InfraBlue,
Out of interest...is this the God that doesn’t exist?...if he doesn’t exist then you can’t BLAME him.

Do you want to continue to BLAME him?

If yes, then you have to acknowledge he might exist.

You can’t have it both ways.
izzythepush

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 03:14 pm
@Jasper10,
It’s possible to not believe in God and still point out the inconsistencies in the Christian narrative.
Jasper10

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 03:19 pm
@izzythepush,
Not if you are making reference to a God you have already decided doesn’t exist...
izzythepush

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 03:29 pm
@Jasper10,
How do you know what I’ve decided?

I’ve not advocated any belief or lack of it.

I’ve been called a Muslim, Christian, Atheist depending on who I’m arguing with.
Jasper10

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 03:34 pm
@izzythepush,
Sorry...not if one is making reference to etc...I didn’t mean you specifically...however if the caps fits...
InfraBlue

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 03:37 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Out of interest...is this the God that doesn’t exist?...if he doesn’t exist then you can’t BLAME him.

Do you want to continue to BLAME him?

Who is continually blaming this god? I'm pointing out the contradiction found in what's written about this god.

Jasper10 wrote:
If yes, then you have to acknowledge he might exist.

I have to acknowledge he might exist like I have to acknowledge Zeus might exist or Tlaloc, for that matter.

Jasper10 wrote:
You can't have it both ways.

Right. I'm not trying to have it both ways, however.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 03:40 pm
@izzythepush,
I referred to you as a mystery religion adherent a while back.
izzythepush

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 03:44 pm
@Jasper10,
If it fits you’ll be able to give examples.
NealNealNeal

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 03:45 pm
@izzythepush,
With a background of the atrocities of the Catholic Church and the atrocities of the Church of England/ "Bloody Mary", the founding fathers were concerned about not having an established Church with full government power. They wanted freedom of religion.
izzythepush

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 03:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
You did. I class myself as not religious.

As long as people aren’t preaching hate they can believe what they want.

Unfortunately some of the biggest hate mongers claim to be people of faith.

As William Burroughs said, “If you’re doing business with a religious son of a bitch get it in writing, because his word don’t mean ****, not with the good lord telling him how to **** you on the deal.”
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 03:52 pm
@NealNealNeal,
That doesn’t mean anything. Mary was a Catholic, the Church of England wasn’t separate from Catholicism when she ruled, not at all.

That is not what antidisestablishmentarianism means. You’re just using a long word to sound clever. It means a counter revolutionary movement, one that would have supported the Catholic Church.

You give the impression that you don’t know what you’re talking about, that your knowledge of History came off the back of a cereal packet.
NealNealNeal

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 04:41 pm
@izzythepush,
I do like the word. It is the longest word in the dictionary.
My point was that our founding fathers wanted to practice their religion freely. They did not want the government telling them how to worship God or even deny that He exists.
Another point is that if someone believes that the Ten Commandments is merely Judeo/Christian literature, that is fine. However, please leave it up in government offices.
cicerone imposter

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 09:22 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Not in government offices. They should not be promoting any religion.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 12:49 am
@izzythepush,
I am merely pointing out that if God doesn’t exist and has never existed then you can’t BLAME him for anything....he doesn’t exist to be able to BLAME him.

So you you are in a place where there is no God and you KNOW you can’t BLAME him for anything.

You realise that man is a HYPOCRITE because all atrocities throughout history still happened.
izzythepush

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 02:04 am
@Jasper10,
You have said things about me and what I have said. You need to back those up with evidence, or we’ll just have to conclude you’re a liar with no regard for the truth.

Not much of an advert for Christianity.
izzythepush

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 02:08 am
@NealNealNeal,
What has any of that to do with Queen Mary?

Are you saying there is no freedom of conscience over here?

Your founding fathers were slaveowning traitorous genocidal scum who betrayed us to the French, ripped up all treaties with the indigenous population and then set on a campaign of extermination.

0 Replies

Jasper10

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 02:11 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush..once again sorry I don't mean you personally.

It's a general statement...

Why am I a liar? which bit don't you agree with?

How can one BLAME someone if they don't exist and have never existed? Please explain.
izzythepush

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 02:20 am
@Jasper10,
It’s not a general statement when you insist on addressing me and using second person. You can’t help yourself, lying seems to be your default setting.
Jasper10

Tue 6 Oct, 2020 02:40 am
@izzythepush,
It wasn't meant to offend you personally....once again I apologies for that...

You say I am lying but you don't explain why you think I am lying...that's odd?

Please explain why you think I am lying ?

I am merely building upon the logic a person may have (not necessarily you so please don't take offence) that the God of the bible doesn't exist and has never existed,that's all.

If he doesn't exist and has never existed how can one have an opinion about him at any stage? One either excepts that he doesn't exist and has never existed and therefore conclude that one cannot BLAME him for anything or one can have an alternative view.