How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Frank Apisa

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 05:33 am
Jasper10 wrote:

I’m talking about spiritual matters Frank.If they were agnostics then it applies to them as well.Why wouldn’t it?

Educate yourself...then it would not have to be explained to you.

Einstein, Hawking, Feynman were all agnostics...Tyson is an agnostic.

Earlier you wrote: “You are an agnostic remember...agnostics haven’t a clue about anything one way or the other...They can’t make their mind upon anything...”

I showed that you are full of ****…and now you are trying to weasel out of what you wrote.

Okay, I can understand that. Weasels, weasel. That is what they do.

Please continue.
Frank Apisa

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 05:36 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I don’t have anything to get over. You appear to have a problem with telling the truth.

If all you’re going to do is misrepresent what is said to you what’s the point?

Earlier you wrote: "You claim that Jesus and God are two separate and distinct characters, and that if something affects one of them it has no impact on the other."

I HAVE NOT SAID ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

Wake up...get control...then post.
izzythepush

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 05:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
You’ve certainly implied it, why would you claim God was a psychopath for sacrificing himself?
Jasper10

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 06:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
Whatever Frank...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 06:11 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You’ve certainly implied it...

You said that I CLAIMED it.

I did not claim it...I did not imply it. I fully understand the doctrine of The Trinity. I have written essays about the doctrine of The Trinity, Izzy. My disagreement with what Jasper was saying does not, IN ANY WAY, depend on me NOT understanding or misinterpreting that doctrine.

If you continue to call me a liar about this, I will (reluctantly, but definitely) put you on IGNORE.

If you want this to be our last conversation...call me a liar or imply that I am lying on this point...and it will be.

Quote:
..., why would you claim God was a psychopath for sacrificing himself?

If YOU were to say, "You have insulted me...and I will only agree to forgive you if you kill and torture my son OR ME...I would consider you to be a psychopath. If you claim you have a friend how would make such a demand...I would consider your friend to be a psychopath.

AND IF YOU CLAIM YOU HAVE A GOD THAT WOULD MAKE SUCH A DEMAND...I WOULD CONSIDER THAT GOD TO BE A PSYCHOPATH ALSO.

You may disagree with that assessment...without calling me a liar, although why you would even disagree with it is beyond me. The notion is almost certainly psychopathic in nature.
izzythepush

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 06:16 am
@Frank Apisa,
That’s your assessment. It’s not anyone else’s. That’s what you have a problem with.
izzythepush

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 06:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

If YOU were to say, "You have insulted me...and I will only agree to forgive you if you kill and torture my son OR ME...I would consider you to be a psychopath.

Where the hell does it say that in the Bible?

Nobody was commanded by God to torture and kill Jesus, they did it anyway.

If you want to portray Yahweh as a psychopath I can think of far better examples than him sacrificing himself to save mankind.

Telling Abraham to sacrifice his son, killing the first born in Egypt, killing the original inhabitants of Jericho and what he did to Sodom and Gomorrah are far better examples.

Jasper10

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 07:08 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush, you state..

…..Nobody was commanded by God to torture and kill Jesus, they did it anyway...…

Why do you think they did it anyway? ...because he claimed he was God? What is your view on this?

So God is not a psychopath after all as some claim?

We do need to try and BLAME someone though don't we?

izzythepush

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 07:25 am
@Jasper10,
I’ve yet to conclude anything.

There’s so much conflicting evidence.

Marduk’s sacrifice makes a lot more sense if I’m being honest.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 08:05 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That’s your assessment. It’s not anyone else’s. That’s what you have a problem with.

You are quite sure I am alone in that assessment?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 08:15 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

If YOU were to say, "You have insulted me...and I will only agree to forgive you if you kill and torture my son OR ME...I would consider you to be a psychopath.

Where the hell does it say that in the Bible?

Nobody was commanded by God to torture and kill Jesus, they did it anyway.

Jesus apparently thought it was NECESSARY...and doctrine has it that Jesus was GOD. So it was commanded. Unless you think Jesus was not GOD.

Quote:
If you want to portray Yahweh as a psychopath I can think of far better examples than him sacrificing himself to save mankind.

So...think of them. I can think of others who are better examples also. And I can think of other characters who were just as (or more) psychopathic than Yahweh. Hannibal Lecter comes immediately to mind.

That does not mean that that sort of conduct is not psychopathic.

Quote:
Telling Abraham to sacrifice his son, killing the first born in Egypt, killing the original inhabitants of Jericho and what he did to Sodom and Gomorrah are far better examples.

Okay.

Question of you, Izzy, if I might:

Why do you suppose Jesus, on the cross, said, "“My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?”

To whom was he speaking...and why?

izzythepush

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 08:23 am
@Frank Apisa,
Did he even say that?
izzythepush

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 08:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Excuse the use of male pronouns.

We’re talking about God. God could turn himself into a man and convince himself he was a man and had been forsaken by God.

Or he could bloody do anything, we’re talking about a person of infinite power, therefore it could do anything.

Not only that we’re talking about lots of conflicting reports, the canonical gospels, plus those that didn’t get included, then there’s what the Koran says and lots of oral stories about Jesus throughout the Middle East.

So who was he talking to? Fucked if I know.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 09:11 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Did he even say that?

Good point, Izzy.

Let me change the question to: Why do you suppose the KJV of the Bible says that while on the cross, Jesus said, "“My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?”

To whom was he speaking...and why?
izzythepush

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 09:21 am
@Frank Apisa,
I think I’ve already answered that.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 11:10 am
@izzythepush,
Izzy,
You are correct about the Spanish Inquisition and about man being cruel to man
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
That is why in England they had antidisestablishmentarianism and why the founding fathers did not want any established state church in power. It had nothing to do with things like having the Ten Commandments up in government offices.
izzythepush

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 11:16 am
@NealNealNeal,
Well that’s one hell of a tangent.

Can you tell us what you mean by antidisestablishmentarianism in England.
Leadfoot

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 12:52 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
YOU GUYS HAVE SPENT FOUR THOUSAND YEARS AND HAVEN'T COME UP WITH ANY CONVINCING EVIDENCE FOR YOUR "ANSWERS"
And YOU guys have yet to summon the knowledge, endurance and willingness to actually debate the evidence.

I speak only for myself however.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 12:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
The need for any "sacrifice" is an absurdity, Izzy.

You ever had kids Frank?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Mon 5 Oct, 2020 01:07 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Izzy said to Frank:
I don’t have anything to get over. You appear to have a problem with telling the truth.

If all you’re going to do is misrepresent what is said to you what’s the point?
If you keep backing Frank into a corner, he'll put you on ignore. You can decide if that’s a good thing or not.
0 Replies