How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

MontereyJack

Sat 3 Oct, 2020 01:25 pm
@Jasper10,
PROVE YOU'RE NOT.
Jasper10

Sat 3 Oct, 2020 01:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
Are the questions too challenging for you?
Jasper10

Sat 3 Oct, 2020 01:58 pm
@Albuquerque,
Can’t you answer the questions?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 3 Oct, 2020 02:26 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

What did Jesus do that deserved him to be tortured and put to death?

I suppose he broke some Roman laws...and seriously pissed off some Jewish leaders.

Quote:
Name one thing?

Broke Roman laws...and pissed off some Jewish leaders.

That's two.

Quote:
Jesus claimed he was God come in the flesh and willingly gave up his life....it wasn’t taken from him.

It was taken from him...no matter if he cooperated. If you want to insist that it was assisted suicide, though...I can't say you are wrong.

Quote:
Who was it that put him on the cross? ....you say it was a God......God says it was man under the direction of the devil.

Where did I say it was a god?

YOU are saying the reason he died was to appease the god...who did not want to "forgive" the sins of humans unless they first tortured and killed his son.

Sounds weird to me.
MontereyJack

Sat 3 Oct, 2020 02:32 pm
@Jasper10,
YOU GUYS HAVE SPENT FOUR THOUSAND YEARS AND HAVEN'T COME UP WITH ANY CONVINCING EVIDENCE FOR YOUR "ANSWERS".
Jasper10

Sat 3 Oct, 2020 02:49 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank...we can only HOPE in things...we can only HOPE that God exists or not..simply because we can’t prove it...The God of the bible demands perfection because he is Holy...One can believe this or not.

The God of the bible says he has made rules that have to be kept perfectly.As we cannot keep these rules we cannot be Holy...God says all sins need to be paid for...every single one.

The bible says that only God can pay that price for all our sins...we are unable to.

God can’t break his own rules...

Why a sinless God would want to die for wrongs that I have committed is beyond me.It is a love I can’t get my head around...

My understanding is that I have to let him do this for me even though I don’t understand it all fully and probably never will.

This is what I HOPE in......I know some people see this as crazy but the same people have not come up with anything better to HOPE in...
InfraBlue

Sat 3 Oct, 2020 02:58 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Assuming your god is omnipotent, he can break his own rules; he's all powerful. The god of the bible breaks his own rules.
Jasper10

Sat 3 Oct, 2020 03:01 pm
@InfraBlue,
The God of the bible I read does not lie...It is impossible for him to lie...
InfraBlue

Sat 3 Oct, 2020 03:08 pm
@Jasper10,
He does break his own rules, however.
laughoutlood

Sat 3 Oct, 2020 09:00 pm

Blue
Fine Young Cannabis

Woo, woo woo woo woo woo.
Hallelujah, woo woo woo woo woo woo.
My whole brain is down the drain, I'm mad about that.
And people there don't seem to care, I'm mad about that.

Good god almighty
There's no denying life
Would be better if forever ever I could live with you,
Woo woo, a belief that's so woo

Good god almighty
There's no denying life
Woo woo, a belief so untrue

Philistines have done me wrong, I'm mad about that.
And at times feel like I don't belong, I'm mad about that.
It's making life so risible, it doesn't help that you're invisible
All the crimes that done me wrong, I'm mad about that.

Good god almighty
There's no denying death
Woo woo, a belief that's so woo

Good god almighty
There's no use trying death
Woo woo, a belief so untrue

Good god? I'm mad.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sun 4 Oct, 2020 12:56 am
@InfraBlue,
Please explain your reasonings.
Frank Apisa

Sun 4 Oct, 2020 05:18 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank...we can only HOPE in things...we can only HOPE that God exists or not..simply because we can’t prove it...The God of the bible demands perfection because he is Holy...One can believe this or not.

The God of the bible says he has made rules that have to be kept perfectly.As we cannot keep these rules we cannot be Holy...God says all sins need to be paid for...every single one.

The bible says that only God can pay that price for all our sins...we are unable to.

Why a sinless God would want to die for wrongs that I have committed is beyond me.It is a love I can’t get my head around...

My understanding is that I have to let him do this for me even though I don’t understand it all fully and probably never will.

This is what I HOPE in......I know some people see this as crazy but the same people have not come up with anything better to HOPE in...

The notion that your god demanded that we humans torture and kill his son in order for him to "forgive" us for offending him...

...is so disgusting, it should even disgust you and others captive to this absurd fairytale, Jasper.

But, you are terrified of this vengeful, sicko god...so you pretend your love and understanding.

If the god you claim to love were a human...demanding that his son be tortured and killed before "forgiving" you for an insult...

...the human would be locked away in an asylum for the criminally insane.

You realize that...but your fear of this god is so great, you want to pretend otherwise.

Go for it.

BUT...you should do it in private, not in a public forum, because your bullshit is going to be called!

You seem like a decent person. I truly hope you get over this fear.
Jasper10

Sun 4 Oct, 2020 05:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
You seem to know a lot about nothing Frank...
izzythepush

Sun 4 Oct, 2020 05:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
You seem to have a disconnect with the concept of the sacrificial god. When Osiris, Odin or Marduk do it, they’re sacrificing themselves not their sons.

Most Christians believe that is the same with Jesus’ sacrifice, he is part of God as the Trinity so therefore God suffers too.

Gnosticism takes it a step further God is the collective, we’re all part of God so everything that happens to us happens to God.

Not evangelising or even saying one of these is right just pointing out that what you’re saying is not what most Christians believe.
Jasper10

Sun 4 Oct, 2020 05:48 am
@Jasper10,
God himself decided that he would offer this sacrifice and be subject to all that the devil could throw at him without sinning.The devil only needed to get Christ to sin just once and the sacrifice would not have been good enough.He failed..As to the ins and outs I don’t profess to be wiser than God unlike you..You know better do you?
Frank Apisa

Sun 4 Oct, 2020 05:49 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

You seem to know a lot about nothing Frank...

C'mon.

You know you are TERRIFIED of your god.

You can kid yourself that you "love" the god. After all, there were people who kidded themselves and said they "loved" Saddam Hussein, Idi Amin, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin.

But any intelligent person realized the "love" was actually terror.
Frank Apisa

Sun 4 Oct, 2020 05:51 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You seem to have a disconnect with the concept of the sacrificial god. When Osiris, Odin or Marduk do it, they’re sacrificing themselves not their sons.

Most Christians believe that is the same with Jesus’ sacrifice, he is part of God as the Trinity so therefore God suffers too.

Gnosticism takes it a step further God is the collective, we’re all part of God so everything that happens to us happens to God.

Not evangelising or even saying one of these is right just pointing out that what you’re saying is not what most Christians believe.

The need for any "sacrifice" is an absurdity, Izzy.

And most Christians "believe" the "sacrifice" was made by Jesus...who actually called out to his "father" at the end.
Frank Apisa

Sun 4 Oct, 2020 05:52 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

God himself decided that he would offer this sacrifice and be subject to all that the devil could throw at him without sinning.The devil only needed to get Christ to sin just once and the sacrifice would not have been good enough.He failed..As to the ins and outs I don’t profess to be wiser than God unlike you..You know better do you?

You are asking that question of yourself????

Get your ducks in a row, Jasper.
0 Replies

justaguy2

Sun 4 Oct, 2020 06:02 am
@Jasper10,
Johno told me. They said that they are god's personal assistant.

Boy, I hope they are telling the truth...
0 Replies

justaguy2

Sun 4 Oct, 2020 06:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
Well said Frank, well said.
0 Replies