How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Jasper10

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 12:41 am
@Jasper10,
So then, there isn’t a God ...so God is off the hook...

As there isn’t a God, all the evil atrocities that have happened throughout history are solely down to man then.

That’s quite a confession from man.

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 03:16 am
@Jasper10,
yep, believers won't accept accept we're doing it to ourselves.
Jasper10

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 03:24 am
@MontereyJack,
Doing what exactly? Good or Evil.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 05:43 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Quote:

Frank,
I am saying that Pascal's Wager should lead someone to look at the claims of Christianity. However, it can't be the only basis for belief in Christianity.
If someone doesn't believe that the spiritual world exists then Pascal's Wager does not work. I will wager 1 billion dollars that the Kings will not win this year's Stanley Cup.
The fundamental truth is that reality involves both physical and spiritual reality. I testify that I have a personal relationship with Jesus. In addition, there is Christian apologetics for the truth of Christianity.
It is up to you to decide for yourself.

The only "truth" there is about the Christian religion...is that the Christian religion exists.

Pascal's Wager is for idiots. If you have an all-knowing god...what makes you think you can trick that god into thinking you love and worship it...when it is a the of god described in the Bible? Neal, if the god described in the Bible were a person living today, the person would be locked in an asylum under conditions more extreme than shown for Hannibal Lecter.

As for your "personal relationship with Jesus"...how do you know you are not just imagining it? (HINT: You do not know...and almost certainly ARE imagining it.)

Talk to me about your religion...what makes you tick with it?

Frank Apisa

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 05:44 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Quote:

Frank,
Now for a more difficult lesson:
God will do what brings Him GLORY. His love doesn't negate His holiness, righteousness, wrath at sin, etc. God doesn't care if you and I don't approve of something that He is or does
Again, God does what brings Him glory.

Jesus H. Christ. You think Trump is your god?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 05:45 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Quote:

That is fine with Jasper and me. However, God insists on His right to be worshiped. He will receive Glory no matter what humans do.

Yeah. Hitler, Stalin, and Saddam Hussein made those same demands.

Glory can be a bitch!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 05:48 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Quote:

You ask good questions.
Read Hebrews chapter 11 for a description of faith. It can not be PROVEN to others. However faith in God is definitely not "blind".
Perhaps Christians like me suffer from "spiritual OCD". We don't want people to go to hell. So, perhaps we nag too much.

"Faith" is nothing more than a person insisting that their blind guess about the REALITY is correct.

It is NOT a virtue. It is ignorance and stone-headedness.

I have no problem with you nagging, Neal. If I thought that monster god existed, I would nag people also. Gotta make sure to suck up to a god of that sort.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 05:50 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

To conclude:
The question here is whether the universe is God-centered or human-centered.

To actually conclude:

None of us have any idea of the REALITY of existence. Some want to guess there is a GOD involved...and their blind guess about that may be correct. Some want to guess that there are no gods involved...and their blind guesses may be correct.

Some realize that blind guessing is almost worthless on this issue...and do not do it.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 09:39 am
@Leadfoot,
If the Richard Dawkins statement is true...then on what basis would he not want God to exist?

God doesn't exist, he's already decided that and therefore man is solely responsible for all atrocities throughout history....

How can you accuse someone of something when they don't exist?

I'm still looking for someone to blame and I can't accept it's all man's fault surely?
Jasper10

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 01:19 pm
@Jasper10,
Richard Dawkins is a fool and speaks nothing but lies.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 03:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
(1) If God was a created being, you would be correct.
However, God is CREATOR of all things. He is Sovereign. He is Glory. He is Majestic.
God created us. He has the right to do whatever He wants to do.
InfraBlue

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 04:14 pm
@NealNealNeal,
It doesn’t make him any less a psychopath.
NealNealNeal

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 04:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
(2) It is obvious to me that God exists. I believe that the Eastern religions merely teaches how to have a more peaceful life. I think it is silly to think we can become a "god".
I was born and raised Jewish. However, God was not involved in people's lives. God was more involved in people's lives thousands of years ago than He was in modern times. The theory of Evolution seemed silly to me. So, I became a Deist and figured that God "looked over Evolution. I still talked to God even though He was so distant.
Then I heard the gospel message. My spirit rejoiced because I knew that it was true.
I hated to disappoint my fellow Jewish. However I knew that Christianity was true (in my spirit which was now quite alive).
Just like you, I often told God that He "should do such and such" (i.e.--- give all people a break and let them go to heaven). I gradually learned that God was Sovereign and was not people's Butler.
The more I trust and obey God the better my life becomes.
NealNealNeal

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 04:34 pm
@InfraBlue,
Do you care if you kill a bug? Are you a psychopath because of it?
God created you. You did not create the bug
TRUTH: The universe does not revolve around man. God is sovereign, not man.
NealNealNeal

Tue 22 Sep, 2020 07:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
(3) In my personal relationship with God I have been given the spiritual "gift of wisdom". At times God reveals what will happen in the very near future. I have no control over it. God is completely in control.
The Holy Spirit impresses my spirit a great deal when I trust and obey Him. I also display the "fruit of the Spirit".
So, no, I am not imagining it. And there are millions of born again Christians who can say the same thing.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Wed 23 Sep, 2020 12:24 am
@InfraBlue,
Who are you referring to here?

I thought we had established that God doesn’t exist?

Do we need to redefine the definition of Atheist?

Every knee shall bow..every tongue confess...

Romans 14:11
NealNealNeal

Wed 23 Sep, 2020 11:57 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper,
There is a question that I have. As you know the participants on this board are quite perceptive. One such person is Max who suggested that American Christians are "fake Christians". While I don't believe that we are "fake" he made some valid points. We are spoiled by the property that God has given us
Do you think there is too much of a gap between the quality of our lives and that of our Savior?
NealNealNeal

Wed 23 Sep, 2020 11:59 am
@NealNealNeal,
I meant to say "prosperity", not "property".
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 23 Sep, 2020 12:04 pm
@knaivete,
Quote:
There is no need for you to be so apatheist, or is there?

I think you have me confused with someone else.
Was it something I said that made you think that?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 23 Sep, 2020 12:18 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
You are correct about Dawkins quote.
People don't like the God of the Bible. That is why they say they don't believe in Him
I agree with you to an extent. But I would call it the God of the Bible that they think they know. For the most part they read or hear a few sermons or readings from the Bible about a merciless tyrannical God and say 'Who would want that?'. It wasn’t from any conversation they had with the Creator himself.

Another factor is ‘Inertia'. If you have been a humanist like Dawkins all your life and devoted countless hours working out what you believe is a consistent philosophy based on the supremacy of man, just think of the mountain of reasoning you would have to rethink if you were to seriously consider the existence of God. Not to mention the embarrassment of all the public retractions you’d have to make. No, you would not Want a God of any kind from that position.