How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Frank Apisa

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 09:47 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

I am merely pointing out that HOPE is all that any of us have.We can all hope can’t we?

We CAN. We CAN all gargle with battery acid, also. We CAN drive through red lights at busy intersections, too.

But doing so makes precious little sense, Jasper.

Given the nature of the god you apparently HOPE exists...I can only share that I would no more HOPE for that god to exist than I would for Hitler or Stalin to take control of America.

I continue to question why you would.
InfraBlue

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 09:48 am
@Jasper10,
Why do atheiests have to hope that their belief system is true? What does hope have to do with it?
justaguy2

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 09:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
I wouldn't be holding your breath by the looks of it...
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 10:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
I’m not interested in the detail of the “HOPES” for now Frank because that is not what I am trying to get across.I am merely pointing out that HOPE is all any of us have.
We can discuss your views about the God that I HOPE exists another time.
Frank Apisa

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 10:39 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

I’m not interested in the detail of the “HOPES” for now Frank because that is not what I am trying to get across.I am merely pointing out that HOPE is all any of us have.
We can discuss your views about the God that I HOPE exists another time.

"Hope" is a substitute for "I am blindly guessing."

You would be showing more spine if you stuck with the truth...rather than using a disguise.

If I am going to use up any "hope"...I will u se it to hope you finally see the light.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 10:40 am
@InfraBlue,
Are you being serious?

You can use what ever words; phrases you want to TRY and be clever... but if you don’t think or believe God exists....PROVE it.

No don’t bother because you can’t prove it just as I can’t prove that God does exist.

You can only HOPE that God doesn’t exist.

Haven’t you been reading the previous posts?
Teufel

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 11:09 am
@reasoning logic,
3,000+ comments later, the internet drivel flows as usual unabated.

How can we be sure that Douglas Adams was wrong when he mooted that mice are the protrusion of pan dimensional beings who had the earth built as a custom planet and we are all just a part of living matrix designed to answer the question of "Life, the universe and everything!"

We can't .... but the answer to both questions is ... what does it matter?

Now I am not a conspiracy theorist, nor some poor fool (fiscal and/or mental) who lives in their mom's basement nor any of the rest of the human detritus one sees on these sites.

My family, myself; we are educated, powerful and wealthy. We have no religion, no faith. If someone said to me "You must pick a religion" then in all seriousness, I would pick 'The Force' as found in Star Wars; that at least makes some form of logical sense.

Ultimately one is born, one dies and what happens in between is almost entirely random ... It is not affected nor effected by some gaseous deity nor kowtowing to some religion.

However to please the believers .... if by some miracle it is ... so what? All you want is a place in some form of heaven and your God to answer your prayers ... Not just a little self serving is it ... all you God fearing folks.
Jasper10

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 11:33 am
@Teufel,
So are we in a agreement then that...

Everyone KNOWS that they don’t know whether a God exists or not.

Even if you don’t care...

Frank Apisa

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 12:47 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

So are we in a agreement then that...

Everyone KNOWS that they don’t know whether a God exists or not.

Even if you don’t care...

I am in agreement with you that we KNOW that we do not know if any gods exist or not.

Your determination to use "God"...is an absurdity in this discussion.

I am saying that I do not KNOW if ANY GODS exist. You seem to be saying that you also do not KNOW if ANY GODS exist.

The "hope" bullshit is...well, bullshit.
Jasper10

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 01:01 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Nothing I have said is “bull ****” Frank....The HOPE thing is going know where either ...It’s here to stay.
Frank Apisa

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 02:11 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Nothing I have said is “bull ****” Frank....The HOPE thing is going know where either ...It’s here to stay.

Most of what you are saying is bullshit, Jasper. You should be able to figure that out.

And "going know where"...should be "going no where."

Take it slow. Don't get flustered. You are making dumb mistakes.
InfraBlue

Sat 19 Sep, 2020 02:33 pm
@Jasper10,
With all sincerity, "hope" implies desire, wishing, longing, etc.. When a person is convinced that there are no gods there is no desire, wishing or longing that there aren't gods just as a person doesn't desire, wish or long for their conviction that leprechauns do not exist. Also, the burned of proof doesn't lie on them. The burden of proof lies in those who assert there are leprechauns, and gods for that matter.
Jasper10

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 12:58 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank...my spelling is terrible I admit,I need to do spell checks more often,but HOPEFULLY you will get the point.How many times are going to need this HOPE thing explaining to you?...How many times did I have to explain/repeat the PROOF thing before it sank in.Maybe it still hasn’t though.
Jasper10

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 01:07 am
@InfraBlue,
Your description of HOPE is good.

However, and once again ....how many times do I have to explain these things..you can be convinced as much as you like that there are no Gods but you might be wrong.YOU CAN ONLY HOPE THAT THERE ARE NO GODS..Please, Please don’t let me have to keep repeating this.....
Jasper10

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 02:13 am
@Jasper10,
BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT YOU DON’T KNOW WHETHER A GOD EXISTS OR NOT...Which bit of this don’t you get? .....regardless of education status...a child could understand it...
Frank Apisa

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 05:20 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank...my spelling is terrible I admit,I need to do spell checks more often,but HOPEFULLY you will get the point.How many times are going to need this HOPE thing explaining to you?...How many times did I have to explain/repeat the PROOF thing before it sank in.Maybe it still hasn’t though.

Trump wants to explain how the way he handled the coronavirus pandemic in America was the best of all possible handlings.

That is about as accurate as your "hoping" nonsense is accurate.

Your spelling IS terrible...but it is better than your ability to reason.

And if you think you were schooling me about "proof", you must think Trump was schooling us all when he discovered that Lincoln was a Republican.

I have been noting, on the Internet, the lack of proof for either side for two and a half decades...and in op ed pieces for decades before that.

Your use of "hope" in place of "blindly guess" is noted. I understand why you do it. I'm HOPING you eventually develop the ethical wherewithal to stop that bullshit.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 05:23 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT YOU DON’T KNOW WHETHER A GOD EXISTS OR NOT...Which bit of this don’t you get? .....regardless of education status...a child could understand it...

As you noted earlier...EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT. But some, like YOU, want to blindly guess that there is at least one...and search for rationalizations for insisting that their blind guess is correct.

YOU, laughingly, have settled on "hope."

Even a child should be able to see that farce for what it is.
Jasper10

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 05:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
ok Frank...the problem you have which you cannot see because you are spiritually blind is that you associate with your thoughts and reasonings too much.You don’t see yourself as any more that these thoughts and reasonings which you engage/disengage with.These thoughts and reasonings play devils advocate with each other.That is why I asked for your views on..

“I think therefore I am “OR “I am therefore I think” You are not your thoughts and reasonings Frank you just have thoughts and reasonings.

Once again Frank I repeat...All any one has is HOPE and why? ...because these thoughts and reasonings cancel themselves out at the end of the day.

The “I am” is separate from thoughts and reasonings Frank.Some people will get it Frank but it may take you a lot longer.You may never get it.I’ll keep praying for you Frank..I’m done with this post.Thanks once again for the bout Frank...
Frank Apisa

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 06:19 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

ok Frank...the problem you have which you cannot see because you are spiritually blind is that you associate with your thoughts and reasonings too much.You don’t see yourself as any more that these thoughts and reasonings which you engage/disengage with.These thoughts and reasonings play devils advocate with each other.That is why I asked for your views on..

“I think therefore I am “OR “I am therefore I think” You are not your thoughts and reasonings Frank you just have thoughts and reasonings.

Once again Frank I repeat...All any one has is HOPE and why? ...because these thoughts and reasonings cancel themselves out at the end of the day.

The “I am” is separate from thoughts and reasonings Frank.Some people will get it Frank but it may take you a lot longer.You may never get it.I’ll keep praying for you Frank..I’m done with this post.Thanks once again for the bout Frank...

Rather than return the favor and analyze your many faults, Jasper...

...I will suggest you see a psychiatrist.

You need one...and he or she will do a much better job than the amateur analysis of an Internet personality.

Pray away for me. I always appreciate that. But it will have about the same effect as praying away a mountain. You praying people never learn...and probably never will. Whether there is a god or not...praying does nothing more than hoping...and hoping gets you nothing. DOING gets results...just as not doing does. Hoping and praying are for chumps...which we all are at times.

You are smart to give up the fight. You are not equipped for it.
Jasper10

Sun 20 Sep, 2020 06:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
Ok Frank...thanks for the debate...